Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

I'm new to the game...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
I would just take a couple of the old U-bolt down to town with you and have the truck shop make matching new ones.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
I would just take a couple of the old U-bolt down to town with you and have the truck shop make matching new ones.
That's what I'll do and make sure I get what I got. What do you guys think about 9/16 or 5/8. Overkill?
Old 05-03-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
If you do just make sure it fits into your U bolt plates, or plan on drilling them out.
The 2nd gens come with 9/16 IIRC.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:31 AM
BHD

Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts
I am upgrading to 5/8" on the rear of my CrewCab when I install traction bars. I haven't broken one yet, but you know the old sayin' "If more is better...."
Old 05-03-2017, 11:52 AM

I'm thinking 5/8 and drill the plate....
Old 05-03-2017, 07:10 PM

I climbed up under Big Red and found u-bolts to be 1/2x3.25"W-9"L on drivers side front. Passenger side front 1/2x4.25"W-9"L.
Rear 1/2"x2 5/8"W-12"L. 5/8 upgrade would run me close to edge of plates. May have to go 9/16". Regardless I think I need suspension. I'm trying to load some pics.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:19 PM

Fronts are definitely due
Attached Thumbnails I'm new to the game...-photo4294966834.jpg  
Old 05-04-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You might as well replace the two studs while you're at it.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by J10Mike
You might as well replace the two studs while you're at it.
I was planning on it. Been having trouble finding ubolts. Thought a heavy truck shop that makes them could make me a set. Didn't have the dyes to do them. Parts houses don't have them and don't show even the half inch ones that are on it. Anybody know a kit for Dana 60 front and rear.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Azzie
I was planning on it. Been having trouble finding ubolts. Thought a heavy truck shop that makes them could make me a set. Didn't have the dyes to do them. Parts houses don't have them and don't show even the half inch ones that are on it. Anybody know a kit for Dana 60 front and rear.
I would try the lift kit companies. I bought mine from Superlift. But, that was like 8 years ago. Superlift, Rough Country, Skyjacker. I'm sure at least one of them has ubolts. I would order ubolts for a W350 with rear lift springs. If you order standard rear ubolts (for factory block), they will be too long. You also might try Summit.

Edit: There's a company in St. Louis called St. Louis Spring. They make springs, re-arch springs, and make ubolts. That's all they do.
They have made ubolts for me in the past for my Jeeps. If you can't find any with the lift kit companies, I would contact them. With you being in MexMo, shipping won't be that much.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:33 PM

Received 347 Likes on 286 Posts
I've ordered ubolts from rockauto before. I think the brand they carry is Husky.

Also ruffstuff....
U-Bolts - RuffStuff Specialties
Old 05-05-2017, 06:39 AM
BHD

Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts
Try Dorman. Most autoparts stores can get them. Dorman Products - Search Results
Old 05-05-2017, 07:40 AM

I would try the lift kit companies. I bought mine from Superlift. But, that was like 8 years ago. Superlift, Rough Country, Skyjacker. I'm sure at least one of them has ubolts. I would order ubolts for a W350 with rear lift springs. If you order standard rear ubolts (for factory block), they will be too long. You also might try Summit.

Edit: There's a company in St. Louis called St. Louis Spring. They make springs, re-arch springs, and make ubolts. That's all they do.
They have made ubolts for me in the past for my Jeeps. If you can't find any with the lift kit companies, I would contact them. With you being in MexMo, shipping won't be that much.
St. Louis spring is where my friend gets stuff for school district garage. May try them. Skyjacker has been totally useless. I've contacted them 5 times and only got 2 responses and the second told me to contact a vendor. I asked them how they would know if you (Skyjacker), doesn't. Looked up every part I ordered and crossed them myself after I deciphered their part numbers. Thanks for the info. Had forgotten about St. Louis spring.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:09 PM

St. Louis spring is where my friend gets stuff for school district garage. May try them. Skyjacker has been totally useless. I've contacted them 5 times and only got 2 responses and the second told me to contact a vendor. I asked them how they would know if you (Skyjacker), doesn't. Looked up every part I ordered and crossed them myself after I deciphered their part numbers. Thanks for the info. Had forgotten about St. Louis spring.
Should you decide to drive to St. Louis to pick up the ubolts, you might want to pack protection (CCW). St. Louis Spring is not in the nicest part of the city.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:50 PM

Should you decide to drive to St. Louis to pick up the ubolts, you might want to pack protection (CCW). St. Louis Spring is not in the nicest part of the city.
I'm and EDC guy and was told that before. STL getting rough all over. Have a quick question about ubolts from earlier. I believe you were saying my rear ubolts would be to long. Do I need to remove rear spring block or does it stay. I thought it would stay. A little help. Appreciate it.

Quick Reply: I'm new to the game...