Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

Conversion ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conversion ideas.

I probably should have searched more first, but I want my own thread. hahaha

I have a 96 ECLB (extended cab long box) 4x4 dodge diesel that I like allot. It has been a great truck to me. The problem is, it has rust, and fixing it in Michigan is only a band-aid. It will come back, and it seems like it comes back stronger.

1. I really do not need a crew, but it would be nice.
2. I do need extended cab, and rear doors would be a plus.
3. I almost need a long bed, because I use it to do real truck stuff = work and haul.

I am looking for the easiest conversions or the best??? I think allot of people are in this position, and it would be great to start planning long before I have to do it. I think my truck will last a couple years, but I want to start planning now.

Already scene a good thread about this? Please copy and paste in where to find it.

thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 03:32 PM

I'll Bump this thread for ya cause i'm waiting on some awnsers too for your question. There are alot of people like you and myself that have a truck that is rotting away from rust. By the time you fix and paint it, its really not worth it. I really think the swap can be done in any truck really. For me, settin an engine in with tranny, transfer, new 1 ton axles, stuff like that is easy for me. The thing that would get me, is the wirring. I dont have any idea on how to get everything working. Say you'd want to do a 3rd gen dodge. How hard is it to get everything wired up to work. I know on FORDS its easy for every day guy with the help of these aftermarket places like fordcummins.com or whoever is out there that basically make kits to do it. Why is there no kit for the 3rd gen dodge?
Old 11-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Thanks SmokenRam,

I know what you mean about the wiring, makes most of us nervous. The wiring is the largest concern for me as well.

Like how about if we just wanted to do a cab swap, from say a 98 dodge gasser, how much wiring is there then. Or, is it easier to install our dash etc...?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Swap on a 98+ cab and then ditch the box and put on a flatdeck, aluminium one if you REALLY hate rust.