Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

change for heavy equipment

Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
change for heavy equipment

Has anyone out there heard of installing a 12 or 24 valve engine in an Fiat-Allis B-10 bulldozer? The dozer engine bit the dust but the rest still has some life left I hope. The engines are roughly the same dimensions and I think it would be a good fit. The ISB engine has a little more power but not so much more that it would tear up transmissions. For me, at least, the main problem would be adapting to the transmission the rest would be using combinations of cummins-Allis like fan/alt etc. No biggie I think.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most heavy equipment uses a SAE bellhousing they come in diferent sizes SAE #3 for example. I would first check and see what housing you have. Luckily Cummins is used in tons of industrial equipment ( ihave a 4bt in my forklift). Contact Cummins about the SAE belhousing. Pheonix castings also make SAE adapters. So if one of these companies has an adapter next you look into adapting the clutch or torque converter. This may be the real tricky part as there may have to be something custom made. plumbing radiators and simple electrical ( stay with mechanical injection for simplicity ). Weld up some stout motor mounts and hook up fuel, air and exhaust. Maybe rebuilding the old engine will be better, but I do like the cummins as well
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I'm still thinking about it, just have to many other things going on to move the idea beyond thought
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand that. Project pile up. I need to finish my garage rebuild starter on my skidsteer. work on about 6 dodges, service my forklift and semi, swap a 12v into an excursion,some trailer maintainence,.......etc.