Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Who went to the Diesel extravaganza?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i didn't get to meet anybody from here but I did some people and thier trucks.

I saw:
cumminsdriver635 (u were blowing smoke at a stoplight but who wasn't?)
Teddy Bear
bgilbert's 92
joefarmer's friend silver truck lavon maybe
Probably other's but I didn't reconize them

I think bgilbert has some new number's for his 89' i won't spoil the fun for him, so I hope he chimes in here.

i had an awesome time. The cops got called on us at the Day's Inn. People came out saying there rooms were filled with smoke thourgh the air conditioning.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:46 AM

I only made it to the drags on Sunday. It's the first time for me going to diesel drags; I've been to plenty of regular drags. Although the trucks were really cool, and very impressive, I was extremely disappointed at the lack of organization at the event. In 30 years of going to drag race and motorcross events, I've never seen a freaking hour and a half 'driver's meeting' midway throught the day!

From the 'fan in the stand' point of view, that killed the event. My wife and kids had it after sitting in the heat all that time with nothing, zip, nada, zero going on. Every time I've ever gone to watch or race at any event, the driver's meeting is before the event; not in the middle of it!!!

Sorry for the rant because of all the work the guys put into their trucks and how cool they were, but the lack of organization just ruined the show for me. Even if it were not for the wife and kids really complaining, I would have left in protest anyway. If any of the organizers ever read these posts, you simply cannot stop an event for an hour and a half during the middle of the show for a driver's meeting!!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:26 PM

I was there. I'm glad I went. One of the guys that convoyed with me was the Dakota with the Cummins conversion. You may have seen it.

I stayed at the Days Inn too. I went inside not too long before the cops showed up.

Good thing I didn't take the bait and hook trucks !
Old 08-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by DTroy
I was there. I'm glad I went. One of the guys that convoyed with me was the Dakota with the Cummins conversion. You may have seen it.

I stayed at the Days Inn too. I went inside not too long before the cops showed up.

Good thing I didn't take the bait and hook trucks !
Ya I seen the dakota, pretty sweet. I was sitting on the back of the ford that was more behind the hotel than some of the other guys and by the black 3rd gen.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by haloman
I saw:
cumminsdriver635 (u were blowing smoke at a stoplight but who wasn't?)
Teddy Bear
bgilbert's 92
joefarmer's friend silver truck lavon maybe
Probably other's but I didn't reconize them
That was probably me - I had a ton of fun this weekend!! Although I was ready to shoot myself after I redlighted while bracket racing But I got over it and had fun trying out different combinations with the smarty throughout the afternoon ( Thanks Chris)

Lavon
Old 08-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by LAmiller
That was probably me - I had a ton of fun this weekend!! Although I was ready to shoot myself after I redlighted while bracket racing But I got over it and had fun trying out different combinations with the smarty throughout the afternoon ( Thanks Chris)

Lavon
ya it was you we got behind you on the way to wendy's sat. afternoon. I think I may have seen brandon at the pulls. Was he wearing a shirt that said "Is your network up? Your Welcome."
Old 08-28-2006, 03:19 PM

Lavon
MY Twins AND my Smarty...aren't I a nice guy???

Sell my Comp Yet??
Chris
Old 08-28-2006, 03:24 PM

You see Chris and I didn't make it because we where too busy working on our trucks, and not lounging around!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Diva
That's harsh man!! Fixing a freeze plug is no fun.

If your Honda is blue, I saw it pulling in....but I couldn't hear it whine over the cicadas!
yeah that was mine. i didn't feel like driving the truck over there the clutch is a real challenge to drive through trafic. i would have loved to have pulled, but the street class runs a bigger turbo than we do here in ohio and the work stock class is the dumbest class i have ever seen. if you don't have a brand new $40,000 truck then you don't even stand a chance. i deffinitetly like ohio's rules alot better. soory to affend you BOBCAT but i've been to truck pulls for the last 6 years and have never seen a guy spool for that long.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:31 PM

Exactly!! Too bad we both have LOTS of work to do:laugh:

I hear you will have more to do in a couple weeks...something about a huffer and a puffer??

Chris
Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 PM

Yeah Brandon was wearing that shirt - and yeah chris i know I only go as fast as what your OLD parts get me, Its a poor boys dilema so what can I say

Lavon
Old 08-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Chapter President

Yeah Brandon was wearing that shirt - and yeah chris i know I only go as fast as what your OLD parts get me, Its a poor boys dilema so what can I say

Lavon
I'll guess I will have to speak up next time. I wanted to meet the two guys who did my two favorite burnouts probably of all time.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:38 PM

Chris don't talk about Lavons women that way!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:43 PM

i would have loved to have pulled, but the street class runs a bigger turbo than we do here in ohio
Are you admitting to Indiana being a tougher state to pull in? J/K
Old 08-28-2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by haloman
I'll guess I will have to speak up next time. I wanted to meet the two guys who did my two favorite burnouts probably of all time.
I take that as a compliment! You should have introduced yourself - and as far as burnouts go watch firepunk.com for new footage after Labor Day cuz Brandon thinks he's gonna win this years burnout contest - we'll see

Quick Reply: Who went to the Diesel extravaganza?