Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Truck Pull question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Pull question

I went to watch the truck pulls at my local fair last night. There are some insane tuners out there with daily driven trucks makin full pulls then loading their family up and drivin home.

I have quite a few mods on my truck and at full load and boost over 30 I'm never throwing smoke like these guys were doing. Are they just pushing soo much fuel thru them to get that horsepower?

Also, they somehow were letting the turbo spool up before taking off like they had some sort of line lock or something then all of a sudden the smoke would fly and the tires would then start to spin.

I cant imagine what the EGTs were at around the 200 foot mark.

Luke
Old 08-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LucasOffroad
..... Are they just pushing soo much fuel thru them to get that horsepower?
Also, they somehow were letting the turbo spool up before taking off like they had some sort of line lock or something then all of a sudden the smoke would fly and the tires would then start to spin.
I cant imagine what the EGTs were at around the 200 foot mark.
Yes....lots of fuel being dumped in. Some will clear up after the boost kicks in but many are just very overfueled for max hp ...... even at 60+ psi boost.

To build boost before launching, just hit the throttle and hold the brake till it come up.

Driving home in these racing machines can be easy. Just turn down the fuel level and drive normally.
I don't pull much but I can pull/race at over 600 smokey hp and daily drive at 400 hp, with my box turned off.

RJ