Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Tennesse Truck Pull Video---TRUCK HITS STADIUM!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Guys I don't think its all the pullers fault.
With pull results being so close its hard to judge when to shut down the vehicle.
With pulling you never know when the weight is going to hit you unless your checking your rear view mirror.
Every sled and track are different, then you have gears, and weight changes etc.

How many people commenting on this thread have actually had to shut their truck down to avoid a dirt/sand pile while pulling a sled??

I have. And it cost me the pull.
See what I am getting at.

Sort of a rock and a hard place thing (or second place )

I agree, on a short indoor track they usually have the sled set so it stops you very quickly at the very end not the slower death we usually get. I pulled and won at EEP's indoor pull back in 03 I beat Chad Davis and Jason Nihiser, the only reason my 400 hp could beat them was because they saw that wall comming at them twice as fast as I did and decided to let off where I didn't have to. As far as Brads pull goes, I think they should have had the sled set heavier but it won't do any good to argue about it now
Old 01-26-2006, 10:42 AM

Looks like too much Scheid horsepower....
Old 01-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Banned

i had thought about trying to pull...but the sled slamming my truck is my biggest fear and thays enough to make me say no thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
i had thought about trying to pull...but the sled slamming my truck is my biggest fear and thays enough to make me say no thanks
The sled will not hit your truck unless you hit the brakes hard after getting the sled moving. Either hit the clutch or let of the throttle (auto) and let the sled stop you.

Seems like every pull I go to anymore there's ONE rookie who makes a bad start and then decides to abort.....what's he do...slams on the brakes...BLAM! in the rear and the crowd goes wild!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:38 PM

Yeah Sledpullin' screw ups are definitely crowd pleasers!!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:59 PM

that poor truck, I hate body damage
Old 01-28-2006, 07:06 PM

The sled operator, and promoter are at fault. When you are racing, you don't lift.

If ONE truck hit the wall the entire night then that would be acceptable, but to have several trucks come within 2' of the wall,,,, that's the promoters fault!

The person in charge of this sled pull is dumber than a box full of hammers.

Merrick
Old 01-28-2006, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by MCummings
The sled operator, and promoter are at fault. When you are racing, you don't lift.

If ONE truck hit the wall the entire night then that would be acceptable, but to have several trucks come within 2' of the wall,,,, that's the promoters fault!

The person in charge of this sled pull is dumber than a box full of hammers.

Merrick
Agreed....partially..Merrick I went back Saturday night (2 day pull) and some of the Pro Stocks pulled again, Van/Kent/Terry all pulled, and some BIG smoker tractors too.......NOBODY got anywhere near the sand pile Saturday night....almost not worth going as they all got stopped around the same area 10-13 feet from the pile.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why on Gods green earth would you have a sled pull indores? That is retarded. No shut down area at all. If the only reason for having it indores was for the seating ,,,they make outdore bleachers that work just fine. I personaly wouldent even go wach a pull indores fopr many reasons and one is that the pullers would not be able to give it there all due to not wanting to hit the wall and the other reason would be the noise.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:16 PM

They have them indoors for weather reasons.
Its winter out here
Old 01-30-2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by bkrukow
Why on Gods green earth would you have a sled pull indores? That is retarded. No shut down area at all. If the only reason for having it indores was for the seating ,,,they make outdore bleachers that work just fine. I personaly wouldent even go wach a pull indores fopr many reasons and one is that the pullers would not be able to give it there all due to not wanting to hit the wall and the other reason would be the noise.
When your a true fan you will do whatever it takes to pull or watch a pull in the winter months.

I wonder how the trucks would hook up on frozen dirt?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by bkrukow
I personaly wouldent even go wach a pull indores fopr many reasons and one is that the pullers would not be able to give it there all due to not wanting to hit the wall and the other reason would be the noise.
Well #1 all of them gave it there all don't doubt that one bit! Now a couple did have to let off to keep from hitting the sand....they didn't want sand in their motor. Brad Ingram was the only one who got that good of a run to slam into the sand like that.

#2 I took a set of ear plugs with me because I figured it would be loud as **** in there because I know how loud they are out doors. Oddly enough I didn't need them.....yes you couldn't talk to the person beside you when they were pulling, but I left their without a headache after 3-4 hours of back ot back pulling.