Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Tennesse Truck Pull Video---TRUCK HITS STADIUM!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is another video this one is right there!!

Brads truck gets SMASHED by the SLED!!

Click here to see Video
Old 01-16-2006, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonder how many $$$ that cost him? Did it do any damage to the truck?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:51 AM

Watch the video closely.
Check out the rear fender.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I can say is OUCH! Any front end damage that you could tell?

The track seemed REALLY short. Are most of the indoor pulls that short?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:00 PM

If there was not any mechanical breakage on his truck, like a broken throttle, stuck plunger, ect then any damage his truck got from the wall or the sled was his own d@mn fault. He could have rolled off the throttle instead of keeping the hammer down and running full speed into it.

At least the crowd loved it. Indoor truck pulling is like monster trucks where you have to wreck the truck to excite the crowd and win the event.

I've pulled tractors indoors for several years and you have to use your head a little. You always have to be mindfull of the wall at the end of the track or a doorway you have to thread thru at the end of the track when you're pulling indoors.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:50 PM

Why would anyone want to crash their truck into the wall?? Busted up intercooler, hood, core support??[rolleyes]
Old 01-16-2006, 04:09 PM

I'd say he done some internal engine damage after seeing the amount of blow-by when he tried to pull the second time. Prolly sucked a little sand in there. Sled was just set too light, Drew would have been right there too but he let off early to save his truck and didn't make the pull off.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:24 PM

Thank goodness Drew let off...that's too nice a truck to tear up. Too bad he kinda already did

Chris
Old 01-16-2006, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by 24valvepuller
I'd say he done some internal engine damage after seeing the amount of blow-by when he tried to pull the second time. Prolly sucked a little sand in there. Sled was just set too light, Drew would have been right there too but he let off early to save his truck and didn't make the pull off.

I think he smoked the clutch on his second run. Pretty awesome run. Sorry his truck got smashed up.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:29 PM

I was there and somthing on the truck went boom in the pull off. we went into the pits and looked at all the tractors, and then outside to see the smoke tube. it looked like a tornado with a trator pulling inside. when you would walk out the front there was a thick white mist from the tractors idling. Those tractors idiling white smoke more than the schied truck black smokes pulling a sled.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Man, I wouldn't even pull on a short track like that. I bet that's what Brad's problem was, he sucked in sand that got by the air filter, perhaps because of the jarring of the impact with the sand.

Even if the Dodges didn't have that much power, what if there was a break-away near the end of the track? I'm sure the sand would have slowed it, but I bet the truck would have still been in the stands.
They need to have plenty of room at the end of the track for full pulls and break-aways.

Chris
Old 01-25-2006, 06:14 AM

Air filter??
Old 01-25-2006, 06:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Air filter??
Wishful thinking?

Chris
Old 01-26-2006, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by prattman
I can't believe any of those guys agreed to participate an event with no shut down area. That promoter must have rocks in his head. He should pay for the damage to the red Dodge. That's a hell of safety barrier, a freakin pile of sand.

Well as much as I loved Brad's little stunt I have to disagree with you here.

I had buddies sitting about 6 rows straight back (1st available seating) from where Brad Ingram's truck hit the sand. What if Brads truck had went OVER the sand pile instead of into it, and then on into the crowd?!?! Would that be the promoters fault? No that should be the drivers for NOT shutting down their truck when they can clearly see where they are at. Their were a few trucks that chose to let out of the throttle before hitting the sand Friday night. One had his intake straight out where the pass. headlight would normally be!

Now that aside I absolutely LOVED IT! when Brad hit the sand I hit my feet and was yelling so much I was horse the next day.

Oh yeah I saw Brad's truck on the trailer the next night....OUCH!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:01 AM

Guys I don't think its all the pullers fault.
With pull results being so close its hard to judge when to shut down the vehicle.
With pulling you never know when the weight is going to hit you unless your checking your rear view mirror.
Every sled and track are different, then you have gears, and weight changes etc.

How many people commenting on this thread have actually had to shut their truck down to avoid a dirt/sand pile while pulling a sled??

I have. And it cost me the pull.
See what I am getting at.

Sort of a rock and a hard place thing (or second place )

Quick Reply: Tennesse Truck Pull Video---TRUCK HITS STADIUM!!