Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

"Stock Appearing" Turbos

Old 10-14-2010, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Stock Appearing" Turbos

Regarding the "stock appearing turbo" rules for NADM Work Stock class, does a consistent interpretation of this rule exist (at major pulls)? Presumably one of the below is correct.

1. Externally stock appearing only. Don't pull the intake tube or comp/turb housings during tech.
2. Externally stock appearing housings and stock appearing compressor wheel inducer with comp/turb housings in place.
3. Stock appearing housings and wheels - all components must appear stock.

I believe some of the Dmax guys are still running 71mm wheels in stock chargers in this class, which would lead me to believe #1 is correct. Just trying to clarify both the literal interpretation and the intended spirit of the rule. Thanks.

Chris
Old 10-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GO 4LO
Regarding the "stock appearing turbo" rules for NADM Work Stock class, does a consistent interpretation of this rule exist (at major pulls)? Presumably one of the below is correct.

1. Externally stock appearing only. Don't pull the intake tube or comp/turb housings during tech.
2. Externally stock appearing housings and stock appearing compressor wheel inducer with comp/turb housings in place.
3. Stock appearing housings and wheels - all components must appear stock.

I believe some of the Dmax guys are still running 71mm wheels in stock chargers in this class, which would lead me to believe #1 is correct. Just trying to clarify both the literal interpretation and the intended spirit of the rule. Thanks.

Chris
They never even popped the hood to check mine.. Hince the reason they call it the stock / cheater class