Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Smokn' rice burners(pun intended)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 02:38 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smokn' rice burners(pun intended)

I just smoked (literally) my 1st souped up rice racer. It was a Dodge Neon SRT-4 with all the appropriate stickes. These little things are fast and quick, and if he knew what I was all about, it would have been a closer race. Thats the great thing about a mod-diesel, most people hear the clatter, and underestimate them. It's going to suck thick black diesel smoke when more people become aware of this on the streets. It will take away a lot of the stealth factor when you pull up to someone at the streetlight.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I catch a lot of 4 banger hondas and yotas around here (and there are a ton of them here on Guam) by suprise. A V6 is a bit tougher, I only beat them if they are clueless. Time for an Edge chip so I can take the V6 cars.

Wonder how many BOMBs I will need to wax a Skyline ( there are 4 or 5 of them here). Those things are real quick.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Wonder how many BOMBs I will need to wax a Skyline ( there are 4 or 5 of them here). Those things are real quick.
I would like to drive one of those, I wish Nissan could export them to the states.

~Rob
Old 10-28-2005, 08:14 AM

You will need one of these...
Old 10-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What are 1/4 mile ET's for a Skyline?.....I don't have a clue but I know they are fast. I have had many excellent top end highway kills against Hondas....the ones with the stove pipe exhaust tips and the 747 tail wings are always great targets! I did get my clock cleaned by a bombed Supra, though - got it cleaned good.....got hustled by a 21st century door slammer!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skylines

can be twin turboed and reaallll sleepers, that can be over 700 horses at the wheels! They are all wheel drive and usually if they are stock are somewhere areound 300 horsepower with a six speed manual. Ur gonna need a 13 second ram to hang with those guys...

Oh yeah... Plz see ur proudest kill post..

Tx
Old 10-28-2005, 08:57 AM

I have no mods on my 2005 2500 CTD 610 and I'll tell you I get the rice burners everytime. They have a little car club (pun intended) here in town and on Friday nights they all cruise around town. It never fails one of them will line up at a stop light, reving their rice burner, the light changes and the beast eats rice. So far the only one that got me was a Honda that had a 6 with twin turbos on it (but we dont talk about that one though). IT WAS A VERY FAST CAR.

I cannot wait to get some mods done and just maybe I will attempt the twin turbo Honda again.

JHeiser
Merritt Island Florida
Old 10-28-2005, 12:45 PM

I'd race a skyline....over dirt hills! Oh yeah, I could race 'em with the laser listed in my sig.
Have only had 3 kills with my Ram - but good ones. Oops, make that four, I forgot about the fellow Dodger I smoked in his HEMI. Others were a Lexus IS300, Porsche 944, and a Honda civic with a 5" tach and a 5" tailpipe - I was kinda worried about the Civic cuz some of those are pretty fast.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by hotdram
I would like to drive one of those, I wish Nissan could export them to the states.

~Rob
Not a Skyline, but I think it will do.

http://www.gtrproto.com/
Old 10-28-2005, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
Not a Skyline, but I think it will do.

http://www.gtrproto.com/
Is it me or does the front end of that GT-R look like the result of a one night stand between a Nissan Z and a Cadillac XLR?

~Rob
Old 10-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotdram
Is it me or does the front end of that GT-R look like the result of a one night stand between a Nissan Z and a Cadillac XLR?

~Rob

I think you are being a little to flattering.

I think a Mega Cab with those hideous headlights and a SWB dually, with the "retro" flares is pretter...
Old 10-28-2005, 08:13 PM

Doesn't work around here. They've all gotten wise.

We'll roll in with 10 diesel trucks, and everyone seems to leave and doesnt want to play.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:05 PM

I know my truck isnt as bombed as most but she still moves pretty good. Well this morning on the way to work I got into it with a 300z and did pretty good He did beat to the next light but not more than a 10 or 15 feet. But then on the way home this guy in a ranger was all in a hurry and he took me off the line but I kept close enough that he couldnt get my lane. I had no idea that a ranger could move out. It actully ****** me off!
I guess its time for some injectors
Old 10-28-2005, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David 4x4

Hmmmm Same scenario around here even the Porsch guys seem to whimper???

What is up with that???

They mention that they have 400 hp at the fly wheel, then I mention that I have 400hp at the rear wheels and mysteriously they do not show up on race day???

All talk and no action !!! It does not work around here!!!!

Rick
Old 10-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Chapter President

Yeah When a guy found out about how I set up my truck he wanted to race me in his NOS&turbo equipped 300Z for $500. I said sure but only if he would then race me a second time but he would have to put 5K pounds in his trunk, while I do the same. Then see who wins . He just got a ****** off look and went home crying . My truck ain't the fastest thing in the world, but I know there's not a single car out there that can beat me in a race, then tow that same race car home @ 80mph, and not die.

Quick Reply: Smokn' rice burners(pun intended)