Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Smoked a ford last nite

Old 08-26-2006, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoked a ford last nite

There was a guy running around town telling everybody that his powerchoke could smoke my doors off. He was mouthing me and my truck saying that I don't know how to drive it and its slow anyway. He has a 2000 f-250 EC/SB 7.3 auto 4x4 with a TS 140 hp chip, 4 inch pipe, and a cold air intake. He thinks his truck is the fastest thing around. And get this, he was even saying that there ain't no cummins around that will outrun a powerstroke.

Well, I heard all of this last nite for the first time from my best friend that works with him. It really got under my skin. I've played around at the stoplights with him before and always beat him. He got me one time cuz it was wet out and he has posi and i don't. So I call him up and asked him he wanted to go out and drag race me in his truck. He said yeah sure. So we met up out of town on a side street. We had an audience of about 10 guys and most of him work with him and have been hearing about how bad his truck was and how he supposedly smokes me all time.

So we line em up. My buddy flashes his lights down at the end of the street and we take off. We were side by side until I hit third gear and it was see ya bye. When I crossed the finish line, I was 5 truck lengths in front of him.
Needless to say he wasn't too happy about it when we met up later in town. Everybody was laughing and making fun of him cuz he lost so bad. Well then he starts making excuses that I have more stuff done to my truck. I said well I bet you'll stop running your mouth now I that just powersmoked that POS. He got mad and left.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by 01smoker
I said well I bet you'll stop running your mouth now I that just powersmoked that POS. He got mad and left.

that's funny powersmoked oh my goodness that is hilarious. i've got to use that one.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:54 PM

It seems my town is littered with f350's with lifts on them.I dont mind the 7.3's too much ,but I despise the 6.0.Dont get me wrong I am a cummins boy tried and true and always will be.It's everyday that I toy with one it seems,some actually race,most dont anymore as my truck is a heatbag and sticks out like a sore thumb and most guys know that its pretty fast.I've yet to be beaten by a diesel truck.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:41 PM

I wish folks here had more modded trucks. All I see are F250s with 38s and 22s with just exhaust tips. Oh well, I'll stick to racing cars.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Chapter President

Got the same problem here. Seems I'm the only modded diesel around. I've heard rumars of a 12sec Duramax in Memphis, but haven't met up with him yet. It's a weird feeling pulling up to a light or just driving down the road, looking around and knowing you have the quickest vehicle. Then if I do spot something that might give me a run, they usually don't want to play.

Word seems to be getting around that when someone in a diesel pulls up next to what's supposed to be a fast car, you need to leave them alone. And I make sure mine stays in stealth mode, but even that don't seem to work these days.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:53 PM

I'm your huckleberry
Old 08-26-2006, 09:42 PM

Huckleberry Hound you old dog Greg. LOL See you at Kauffmans. Thanks Steve
Old 08-26-2006, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Got the same problem here. Seems I'm the only modded diesel around. I've heard rumars of a 12sec Duramax in Memphis, but haven't met up with him yet. It's a weird feeling pulling up to a light or just driving down the road, looking around and knowing you have the quickest vehicle. Then if I do spot something that might give me a run, they usually don't want to play.

Word seems to be getting around that when someone in a diesel pulls up next to what's supposed to be a fast car, you need to leave them alone. And I make sure mine stays in stealth mode, but even that don't seem to work these days.

]
Yep,people know whats up these days,my 6 inch stacks with no mufflers dont help much either
Old 08-27-2006, 06:39 AM

come to northwest mo. there are plenty of modifed trucks to race here.
3 duramax's one ford that might have something notreal sure and a ton of dodges that are supposed to be bad azz.
i get tired of hearing about their trucks being so bad and mine's not most of them are high school punks with mom and dads checkbooks!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:35 AM

There are sure no other Dockboys round here or anything close...
Old 08-28-2006, 10:37 AM

come on now, beating a ford is like taking candy away from a baby. there are no dockboys around me either. many trucks that say they have over 500 rwhp but for some reason they never seem to run very well when i am around.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by ctd89-99
Huckleberry Hound you old dog Greg. LOL See you at Kauffmans. Thanks Steve
Steve

Look forward to seeing you as always
Old 08-28-2006, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by 01smoker
There was a guy running around town telling everybody that his powerchoke could smoke my doors off. He was mouthing me and my truck saying that I don't know how to drive it and its slow anyway. He has a 2000 f-250 EC/SB 7.3 auto 4x4 with a TS 140 hp chip, 4 inch pipe, and a cold air intake. He thinks his truck is the fastest thing around. And get this, he was even saying that there ain't no cummins around that will outrun a powerstroke.

Well, I heard all of this last nite for the first time from my best friend that works with him. It really got under my skin. I've played around at the stoplights with him before and always beat him. He got me one time cuz it was wet out and he has posi and i don't. So I call him up and asked him he wanted to go out and drag race me in his truck. He said yeah sure. So we met up out of town on a side street. We had an audience of about 10 guys and most of him work with him and have been hearing about how bad his truck was and how he supposedly smokes me all time.

So we line em up. My buddy flashes his lights down at the end of the street and we take off. We were side by side until I hit third gear and it was see ya bye. When I crossed the finish line, I was 5 truck lengths in front of him.
Needless to say he wasn't too happy about it when we met up later in town. Everybody was laughing and making fun of him cuz he lost so bad. Well then he starts making excuses that I have more stuff done to my truck. I said well I bet you'll stop running your mouth now I that just powersmoked that POS. He got mad and left.
Is that near Sedalia? There was some kid with a 7.3 out there. His friends say it breaks the tires loose at 70MPH. I say yeah right, then they say he can beat any cummins around, I try to set up a race for 2 grand. they all got mad and wanted a race for free, I said " If you can beat any cummins around it should be an easy payday for ya" Never heard another word from him.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:41 PM

Sedalia huh? I only know of 1 really bad powersmoker in this area and he is from Arkansas. I'm usually in the Sedalia area for the state fair but didn't go this year. What color is his furd?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by elandon1201
Is that near Sedalia? There was some kid with a 7.3 out there. His friends say it breaks the tires loose at 70MPH. I say yeah right, then they say he can beat any cummins around, I try to set up a race for 2 grand. they all got mad and wanted a race for free, I said " If you can beat any cummins around it should be an easy payday for ya" Never heard another word from him.
No it was in Rolla. That's about 3 hrs from sedalia. But there is also a kid in Salem, MO that swears his 05 6.0 crew cab can smoke all four tires off on dry pavement. Oh, and I forgot to add that It has a 6 inch lift with 20's and 38" mud grapplers. I haven't seen it yet. He never wants to do it in front of me for some reason.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smoked a ford last nite