Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Competition / Pulls / OffRoad (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/)
-   -   Racin Report (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/racin-report-68389/)

upersleder 05-16-2005 12:49 PM

Racin Report

hi guys, i am sure some of you have toys which we like to race, or are involved with a team or two like i am. our weekly racing program is about to start this weekend and i am wondering if we can start a racing report to see how everyone faired during their outings? it dont matter what form of racing it is, drags, circle track, motocross, go carts, whatever your racing intrests are, i for one would like to hear about it.

i will start by saying i used to race at a local 1/3 mile paved oval track, finances (and them claiming my car) sidelined me. but i crew chief a well funded super stock cer and also help out a couple of 4 cyl. FWD racers. we built a new race car this winter, took it out for testing saturday, with all the new stuff and many changes we made, was really suprised after one spring change Mike (driver) said it was lots better than the old car! so we will see how it goes this saturday for the opener. my other two guys are beaks and spike (the family loves nicknames) beaks started about 4 years ago when i let him cras.....er... race my car, then he got his own, he's not that great a driver, but with my spotting help and a few tricks we managaed to pull out a few wins last year. spike and i built a new 4 this year for him, he changed classes and this will be his first year in a front wheel drive car, i worked two nights last week setting the car up and it looked good on saturday.

lets hear your stuff......

upersleder 05-21-2005 05:21 PM

well i guess i will see if i am the only one interested in this thread.

just got back from opening day, was mid 70s and nice out. the super stock was a bit of a mystery all day, was handling good, but SLOW, after qualifying we found a problem with the fuel pump, so we replaced it, then loosened up the car a bit, ran a heat and finished second, but was not impressed, loosened it up more, removed the fuel filter and tried that, had the outside pole for it, took the green and was running away with the thing a bit, still not impressed with the car, thought it was still a bit slow, then POW, blew the rear end! so the deal was done with that car.

beakers started 11th in his race, they start four wide from a standing start, i spot for him, worked up to fourth and was passing a car and the guy spun into him cutting his tire, so that sucked! then spike had his race, started around 20th, and ran a great race for his first time in the class, ended up a strong second, and was catching the leader:D so all in all we have a bit of work to do. i am very happy with spike's car since i did all the set-up.

lets hear some of you other guys!!!!!

BigBlue 05-21-2005 08:50 PM

The only racing I get to do is the occasional light to light. The local track closed down right before I moved to college so that ended that and the nearest 1/4 mile track I know of is in baytown which is 2 hours away. I'd like to build a 454 or 502 chevelle with twin turbos on it and use it as a weekend/drag strip car. But that's several years down the road. I gotta get my truck in the 12's first.:D

upersleder 05-22-2005 12:49 AM

WOW not only was i first to post on this forum section, but i believe i was the first to get a post "moved" into here too[laugh] BUT in my defense, i started this thread before this section even existed;)