Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Competition / Pulls / OffRoad (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/)
-   -   Pulling hitch (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/pulling-hitch-72049/)

dieselrob 07-06-2005 10:38 PM

Pulling hitch

Need help locating place to get a pulling hitch. Theres a pull coming up and i dont got a hitch. i would like to start pulling and see how i can do. So anyhelp would be apreciated

halerazor 07-07-2005 01:23 AM

www.enterpriseengine.com
they have them i think they are around $300 check thier website under services

dieselrob 07-07-2005 01:21 PM

does anyone got a pic of theres cause im just not shure what they look like and to what i think they look like. i cant get a hold of anytype of hitch i just need to no what to look for?

dieselrob 07-07-2005 09:03 PM

Doesnt anyone have any pics to help me out guys? Im lost here.

TxDiesel007 07-07-2005 09:47 PM

Hmm...

I have seen off of tractor supply catalogs that farm grade shackle receiver hitch. Really heavy duty, I would have one but i have a reciever hitch reinforced with a 1 diameter shackle and a heavy duty pintle, either one should work for my needs and no i would not be afraid to hook a sled to either or, Try that as a source, surely if its heavy duty for farm and tractor use, it can be used to sled pull, least im thinkin..

Tx

Crimedog 07-08-2005 08:04 AM

I've got three hooks on my Putnam XDR, just a reguar reciever hitch, except it is rated for 15K. No bends or cracks. If you are talking about the hitch you put in the reciever, I just have a ball mount that I sleeved with some tubing, and a big clevis. When flipped upside down it sits exactly at the 26" limit. This has also survived 3 hooks without bending or cracking.

dieselrob 07-08-2005 11:19 AM

So your talking about the clevis witch is the ring part that you would hook on to a hook and pintle hitch right? I would need the ring off like a low boy equipment trailer i guess?

TxDiesel007 07-08-2005 12:24 PM

Clevis,

better known as a D ring, or shackles, u can buy them at ur local welding shop, or look in my photo gallery those lil dealys on my reciever hitch, those are what i mean, those however are 5/8, the large one i have is a one inch diameter, i didnot sleeve mine, but i did reinforce the reciever, largest i have pulled with it is a tree trunk out of the ground, and some good yanks, no problems yet, im sure it would survive a sled pull....

Tx

dieselrob 07-08-2005 03:09 PM

so i can take a ball off the hitch and put a shackle on there with the pion from the shackle threw the ball hole?

PourinDiesel 07-08-2005 03:55 PM

Yeah exactly.
If you need a Clevis drop me an email @ sporter27@comcast.net

I know they are VERY hard to find in some instances and the local Rural King carry's a whole variety of them.

PS it took me about 6 months to find a store that actually carried a good selection of them.

dieselrob 07-08-2005 11:03 PM

Well we took one of my buddys adjustable hieght hitch and put a shackel on and i gave it hell tonight even tho it just rained 2 inches on the track this mourning. They caneled the event and just let us run for fun on a shorter section. It was 250ft so they were loading the sled faster as to make it seem just like a 300ft pull. It was really sticky and guys were dropin shafts all over the place. So i didnt chance it to much and let off as soon as i started digin in a little and i got 172ft. There was a big bump in the track at about 150 and it was messin everyone up. So the truck didnt break anything but i did ruin my buddys hitch, instead of being a 90* angle its about 120* now but o well haha.

Hey pourindiesel, after some misfortunes this last week i cant fit much into my budget. But ill save your address and if i dont come up wit one eventaully ill hit you up for that offer.
Thanks a bunch
Rob