Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Pics and short video offroading...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics and short video offroading...

I know that it's nothing serious as far as offroading goes...grabbed the wife and the puppy and decided to try out a moderate path today in the truck...

And here's the short clip...

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...roading019.flv
Old 06-09-2007, 07:16 PM

I will have to keep that in mind if I get a flat...NO JACKING
Old 06-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Good Song.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:39 AM

i wish i had nice little fun trails like that around here... all we have is mud and rocks
Old 06-12-2007, 12:05 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Derick, were where you wheeling? Looks like east Otay, maybe further out. If you want to make a trip out of it, try the Lake Morena area. It's just east, about an hours drive. You can wheel all sorts of fire roads (well graded and very rough ones) and camp in certian areas.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:06 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by glasseater
i wish i had nice little fun trails like that around here... all we have is mud and rocks
"Mud and rocks"................. aren't those the best ones??!!??!!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
Hey Derick, were where you wheeling? Looks like east Otay, maybe further out. If you want to make a trip out of it, try the Lake Morena area. It's just east, about an hours drive. You can wheel all sorts of fire roads (well graded and very rough ones) and camp in certian areas.
It's out in Julian...take the 8 east and get off on the Pine Vally Rd exit...it's on the south side of the 8 (the trail head)...it's nothing SERIOUS...I only needed 4wheel two times, and that was going up a decently steep grade with decent sized rocks. I will definitely check into that Lake Morena area (if that's not the area I was at already)...we initially went up to the Corral Canyon Rd (off the Buckman Springs exit) but all the trails for trucks were closed So we settled for Pine Valley exit...

Also, I was thinking the same thing as you about the mud and rocks comment...I would LOVE to go muddin'...unfortunately, it doesn't rain here and doesn't support MUD!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:38 PM

How do I turn off that dreadful music and increase engine noise??? j/k
Old 06-12-2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by $oC@l CTD
It's out in Julian...take the 8 east and get off on the Pine Vally Rd exit...it's on the south side of the 8 (the trail head)...it's nothing SERIOUS...I only needed 4wheel two times, and that was going up a decently steep grade with decent sized rocks. I will definitely check into that Lake Morena area (if that's not the area I was at already)...we initially went up to the Corral Canyon Rd (off the Buckman Springs exit) but all the trails for trucks were closed So we settled for Pine Valley exit...

Also, I was thinking the same thing as you about the mud and rocks comment...I would LOVE to go muddin'...unfortunately, it doesn't rain here and doesn't support MUD!
Ok, I know where you were. Not really Julian, it's another 25-30 miles north up the mountain on HWY 79. Worth going if you haven't yet. Anyways, yeah you were in the same area I was talking about. Lake Morena was just south of you. The Corral Canyon Offroad area at Los Pinos Mtn is great. Lake Morena Village is decent and the fishing is ok. Good area for camping and such. In fact there is a serious MTN Bike race there every so often or so.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:56 PM

"Mud and rocks"................. aren't those the best ones??!!??!!
haha duh but for my friend's stock bronco??? he always wants to come mudding with me but i doubt he could handle it lol... and those types of flatter less aggressive trails are always fun to go fishtailing through!!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:35 PM

You need to get some suspension on that thing so you have some droop...........

Bob
Old 06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by glasseater
haha duh but for my friend's stock bronco??? he always wants to come mudding with me but i doubt he could handle it lol... and those types of flatter less aggressive trails are always fun to go fishtailing through!!
the MAIN thing that I hate about those dirt roads is all the divets that wash out in them...makes for some bad wheel hop = NOT good for truck parts
Old 06-12-2007, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by $oC@l CTD
the MAIN thing that I hate about those dirt roads is all the divets that wash out in them...makes for some bad wheel hop = NOT good for truck parts
Yeah, wash boards are no fun........ I've found that increased speed, when alowed, helps. The truck kinda floats over them.....
Old 06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Banned

Yeah, wash boards are no fun........ I've found that increased speed, when alowed, helps. The truck kinda floats over them.....
Yep, I noticed the same thing...but I also noticed that increased speed, even WHEN allowed, leads to and and from the 'lil lady sittin next to me!