Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

one bad duramax

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, could you email it to me, by chance? christopher.j.schnelle@ae.ge.com . If not, no prob - I'll check it at home. Thanks.
Chris
Old 10-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Banned

I would, but I dont have it hosted.... Sorry....
Old 10-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GO 4LO
What was the correction factor?
At least 1.2 maybe more.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:21 PM

i think thats the reason you dont see alot of guys participating on the boards.take darren,he walks the walk.he is at the top of the game,but you dont hear alot of details about him or his ride.as soon as posts start coming and numbers start being given,youll see people start hacking on them.talk of high correction factors and such.up north you have piers and perry ,scheids and haisley,and you wont hardly find someone down here bad mouth them..but pure and simple,the garmon camp is right at the top,as alot of folks from the south has known for some time.....so,be nice,and play purty,,,,,,as long as it burns oil,and smokes alot,,,,,,its all good................bama
Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Banned

The site moderator says....

[if you can't play nice, you can't play at all]
Old 10-12-2005, 08:48 PM

Edited by Admin
Old 10-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Banned

Edited by Admin
Old 10-12-2005, 11:45 PM

i must be on the wrong site i thought this was dtr, not tdr QUIT FIGHTING!!! if your on this site a 825hp diesel does make you a hero that is why everyones here because they love diesels.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by CIN'S DODGE
Hey Mr.Joefarmer, Where do you get that you have A 98.4? do you mean a 98 or a 98.5?
1998 12 v.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:49 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Thank you
Old 10-13-2005, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by bama
as soon as posts start coming and numbers start being given,youll see people start hacking on them.talk of high correction factors and such.
The question wasn't meant to put down IBDMAX'N - I was just curious, given all the controversy that surrounds using NA correction factors for FI engines. Many of the posts I see anymore will either just have the uncorrected number, or will list both the uncorrected and corrected numbers, to eliminate any confusion.

The Garmon camp has backed their numbers up with mid-10-second quarter miles - I don't think you'll see many of us Yankees bad-mouthing times like that .

Chris
Old 10-13-2005, 07:27 AM

Duke.............I think what you'll see here, are diesel heads that are learning and others that are towing. Some are seeing how large a tire will fit under their fender well and others are racing the trucks on the 1/4 mile. None are heros, just doing what they want to do. Why would you call any "heros"? There seems to bet a bit of animosity or jealousy on your part. If you don't enjoy the post, please save yourself the anguish of reading them. Edited by Admin

Yeah, Jeff's been at the 600 HP level for about 5 years, now it's gotten over 800 HP. Is he a hero? No. Just a hard worker. I've seen Jeff on the dyno when it was so hot sweat was almost runnin out his shoes. And stay there all day. Why? To tweak the engine for a little more. Pull the injector pump 3 times, on the dyno. Is he a hero? No. Just a very determined diesel freak that wants to be among the best. Is he there? I don't know but Darren's 4X4 is the fastest in the USA as of now. That is Jeff's hard work put to another truck. No, not a hero but one of the best diesel techs in America. And what does he do during the week for a living? Work on Chevs, Fords, lots of Fords, and uprade Cummins.

No, no heros here, just a lot of hard work and a certain amount of pride in a job well done. If you ever want a fast truck or HP, come on down, Jeff will surely take you money.

Enjoy life, we do.

..Preston..
Old 10-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo thom
Edited by Admin
Ouch!!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:40 AM

For this season we finally got aftermarket turbo(s), head studs and some mild CP3 mods to go along with programming, bigger nozzles and tranny mods. Next season: internal CP3 mods, cams, valve springs, intake and exhaust manifolds, lower compression pistons, head work (we flow over 300 cfm stock), ect.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mtomac
For this season we finally got aftermarket turbo(s), head studs and some mild CP3 mods to go along with programming, bigger nozzles and tranny mods. Next season: internal CP3 mods, cams, valve springs, intake and exhaust manifolds, lower compression pistons, head work (we flow over 300 cfm stock), ect.

Sweet! Man I can't wait to see what you can do next year Mtomac! I am going to try and make it to indy next year, do you think you will have all that done by then? If I am lucky I will have my cummins converstion and straight axle front end done and can join in on the pulling fun!

Quick Reply: one bad duramax