Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

one bad duramax

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny thing fred,,when banshee has been getting top hp at the events this year,i havent heard a derogatory comment about him spraying.........run what you brung,,you know the old saying..........................bama
Old 10-11-2005, 01:19 AM

The only time I don't like nitrous is when someone's caught using it against the rules. When you're caught, cheating is wrong!

As for the DMax boys, keep making the HP. I like competition.

brandon.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:44 AM

i agree with joe farmer who cares if you run juice as long as it is allowed. by now most people realize how the dmax can run the drus in use thing is still hanging around b/c for some un known reason there seams to be more d maxs found with it. even though some dont need it to be very competitive.

ted
Old 10-11-2005, 07:54 AM

from what i've seen in the past 2 years nobody's dmax has been able to beat kyle michaels dmax sledpulling. his hp #'s right now are 573.8hp 1055.9 torque but i'd say if he started playing around with nitrous and propane he would probably be over 850hp.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:08 AM

Fred.........One thing you're wrong about, is nitros not working on the Cummins. It does quite well. We just have a thing for diesel only. The chev can bolt on as many turbos as they want, if you can. We just like diesel. Is that hard to understand? I bet the duromix can make the HP the same way if you would just spend the time and money some of the Dodge folks have. How much money does Darren have in his truck. .........................................GUESS.... ...............................................

..Preston..
Old 10-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by joefarmer
The only time I don't like nitrous is when someone's caught using it against the rules. When you're caught, cheating is wrong!

As for the DMax boys, keep making the HP. I like competition.

brandon.
I agree, I don't know why some people are so against a little spray! Around here, nobody seems to care if you are using spray or not.....when you get beat, you are beat period. It's just another tool used to make more power. The guys that really have NO2 dialed, have also put a lot of time and effort into getting their rigs to rip. Some people seem to think that your cheating or being unfair.....IMO, that is only the case if are lying about the fact that you are using it for the purposes of cheating.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by iker42
NO THATS CRAP!!!!HE used nos and pane..IMO sissys use nos to boost their numbers

Mike
Mike, although I appreciate you being a volunteer, and such... It seems you don't even have a truck yet. What are you driving now?

It's more work, and tuning to get Nitrous setup properly on a diesel, than it is to mess around with fuel plates, and smoke screws. (it's easier than getting nitrous setup on a gasoline motor though)

I think the guys who are "sissys" are the guys who just pull the fuel plate, and AFC, and tell everybody they "tuned" their truck.

I consider any dyno number over 500RWHP a great number, as long as it is not a peak.

To get 250 or more RWHP out of any vehicle takes tuning. Very rarely can you just slap products on, and make that much HP.

Sorry for getting all worked up, even if it is a peaked HP #, that much HP is hard to attain.

My $.02
Merrick
Old 10-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't mind Fredw.. He likes to stir things a bit...

If you think that you have to massage the bottom end on the C to get 800, then I guess you forgot about that other number, Torque. You don't have to beef up the V-8, well unless you crack the end of the block off... Hmm, I have heard of that one, so the Dmax is not totally without fault.

Big numbers.. nice for that millisecond in time.. Go an bang on Schieds doors and see what you get... The V-8 crowd seem to think its a race to 1000 Hp.... Uhhhhm, about a day late and a dollar short.

The competition is nice. It only took GM about 10 years to catch up...LOL... With that much research time they should have an engine that clobbers everything..Just think, this is the 3rd version of the same engine in less than 5 years just to match the performance of an engine that has been around in one shape or form for over 15 years.. Get it right the first time...LOL...
Old 10-11-2005, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iker42
NO THATS CRAP!!!!HE used nos and pane..IMO sissys use nos to boost their numbers

Mike
hate to burst your bubble mike

But i kinda agree with the folk here, Nitrous and pane, are like running twin turbos and more, they are just an upgrade, sorta the kick in the seat of the pants so to say, I know some ppl run nos on their diesels, and heck its is nice, its also nice to say that you made that honest power without any drugs, that can also take a sence of pride as well. I dont make that much power, so i wont brag or ratt on too much about this topic, but if they got spray so be it, far be it from anyone else to use methanol, pane, or nitrous, they took the gamble, and risks and it worked for them, as far as im concerned that is more power to them If i could afford to, id run nos on my rig. Merrick and I have talked about it before... Till then i can only dream.. I need a clutch before any of this can occur. U wanna be different? do twins, u wanna be unique do nos or something else... eitherways, if you are beat spray or not, there is always gonna be envy of some sorts and the loser will be mad, if you cant beat them, join them....

Tx
Old 10-11-2005, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Just think, this is the 3rd version of the same engine in less than 5 years just to match the performance of an engine that has been around in one shape or form for over 15 years.. Get it right the first time...LOL...
That made a lot of sense! You rip GM for being on there third version, then admit the Cummins has had several versions!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hdmax
That made a lot of sense! You rip GM for being on there third version, then admit the Cummins has had several versions!
Whose laughing??? Not me... Just a point for discussion.. Its 3 versions in 5 years or 1 version every 5 years.

VE pump version 5 years.
P Pump version 5 years.
VP44 pump version 5 years.
ISBE version 4+ years.

I always get the one-eyed version of how this is a tractor engine that is only good for 160 hp and that it can't compete or survive at over 250 hp.. Brother.. Ever seen that 500 hp VE pump version???

But if you had a 10 year hiatus to develop a new engine, would you not make provisions for the future right off the bat?? Just seems odd, thats all.

Not a slam...
Old 10-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Originally Posted by fredw
i have to laugh how drugs are so bad when they blow by the cummins, but all the aftermarket bolt ons you cummins boys can add is ok, biger chargers, sticks, all the head work, bottom end work and the list goes on

and then to find out the main reason is that drugs just do not work that great with the cummins

also keep in mind our cost compared to your cost for the extra power power

now how many cummins in the 850 range on a stock motor with drugs

i rest my case
How many Duramax's do you see competing with Scheids,Haisleys,Terry Martin,in sled pulling or Darren Morrison in drag racing?Their are not enough drugs in Columbia to make a Duramax competative with these boys!Now I rest MY case!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:36 PM

The dmax has been out for 5 years, how do you expect it to compete against the cummins in its highest rank so quickly!?!? I am pretty darn impressed that the dmax has made such a good showing this early! I figured it would take years to get them even close to all the new engines that are out right now! What other eingine out there can make 850 hp on a stock bottom end and no o-rings. Just imagine what the possibilitys of the dmax will be once they start making all the stuff they do for your trucks!! Put a cam, pistons, o-rings and the such in a dmax and see what you get!!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:38 PM

personally,,id love to see those georgia boys get into a duramax,,,,,,,,but on another note,,,,,,,,dont compare 12 valvers on straight #2 to electronic duras.......how does the big isuzu and the third gen cummins compare on the dyno,straight #2?whats the normal numbers for each modded ?is the cummins,in fact,ahead at all?..............................bama
Old 10-11-2005, 08:51 PM

wow, its kind of funny in a thread on the diesel place the duramax guys were whinning because all the "trolls" went over there and defended the cummins. now the rolls are reversed. makes me laugh at how ****** off the duramax guys were when the cummins guys were posting over there i wonder if the cummins guys get as ******.

Quick Reply: one bad duramax