Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Missouri State Fair

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ground Shaker
I'm also interested into hearing about this trashed injection pump.

Im glad im not the only one scratching my head over this.... Dosent happen that often. and if it does you dont hear about it.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:40 PM

What's the part number for that tach? Is it 553 716? It will probably be the end of the week before i get the pump off and who knows when Hart's will get to it.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:43 PM

Maybe i should put a reliable vp-44 on my truck?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:54 PM

Are you sure it was the pump? What happened exactly? A 553 pump is a 180hp pump if i remember right? or is that a 150? You could have some problems with it but I doubt it will be anything major.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Smoking S
Yea, and money grows on trees....
Old 08-14-2007, 03:08 PM

Shaker he has a BAD pump thats all im going to say! I will let Smokin go into more detail if he likes.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the part number for that tach? Is it 553 716? It will probably be the end of the week before i get the pump off and who knows when Hart's will get to it.

It's the 8080 tach. I've really been happy with it works like a champ. Retails for about $150, has a recall for the highest rpm, back lit with different colors and comes with a shift light, which I use more like a launch light. Hooked it to the signal wire on the crank trigger and it worked right out of the box. Pretty slick.

EDIT: Comes with a sticker too, and depending on placement could result in an extra 20-50 hp easy...

http://www.iequus.com/product_info.p...ory_id=100_105
Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 PM

uh...... no
Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM

Well I guess you will need to get that looked into. I'm still a little scared the VP44 even came up even though its about all I run.... I'm deranged!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 PM

Trashed the injection pump and somehow broke the steering box. Did anyone get any results? I finished close to last again, it would't be so bad, if i would't broke some expensive parts. Before i pull again, i'm going to buy a tach that works as i'm winding her up as it only seems to work as i'm going down the track and never seems to read what i would like it to, somewhere around 2500 rpm.

is your truck the one they "attepted" to drag backwards down the track...while the retarded announcer mocked???

If so...i would have paid the announcer a visit for being obnoxious...he also went on and on about the trucks being slow to the sled...and had the guts to threaten not to have them back next year, when he has absolutely no say at all...

sorry guys, had to get that out...if i would have had any kind of weapon capable of shooting 300 ft i would have taken the announcer out...lol
Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 PM

Yep that was me, i had no control to steer the truck. It just went where it wanted to, i needed the front end picked up with a backhoe instead of being draged all over the place while looking like a dumbass that could't stear a truck backwards. As for the injection pump, Hart's said the rack was probably stuck, they said i might be able to pry it loose or i would have to take it to them to be fixed if not. If i have to take it off, i'm going to get the ag. gov. switched to an automotive gov. As for the tach, the local O'Reilly's store had one in stock. I hassel with O'Reilly's all day TRYING to get parts and this time they actually had something besides wax and oil.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 AM

If the rack is stuck I would not try starting it although it sounds like your going to take it off anyways. Had a guy try that once adn the engine ran away from him.... He thought a playboy over the intake would stop it, I just looked at all the confeddy when he tried it. The gov should not be affecting the rack travel if it is mounted accordingly. Sounds like you had one heck of a tiem at the pulls though.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:25 AM

Does anyone have a video of the pulls over at the state fair? I was wanting to see Justin stick the weights in the dirt.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:55 AM

i have both the trucks in the pull-off...but none of them sticking the weights in the dirt pile...
Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 PM

I have the morning session on tape, my dv capture card is out of the box right now, I'll get it captured but it'll take a while to get it captured, compiled and uploaded.

Quick Reply: Missouri State Fair