Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Missouri State Fair

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caracajou that was my cousin when i got back he wouldn't shut up about your truck loping i laughed at him and he said some guy stopped by i figured it was matt. we always have cb's in our truck so we can talk from one end of town to the other and keep someone in front keeping an eye or for the law so we can sit back and horse around. i started to do one burn out in front of walmart and horse shoed one of my traction bars and dropped the other one on the ground and had to take them off. that and 400 a tire kinda takes the fun out of a burn out. jammer that was ridiculous price on tickets. i asked them about the smoke and they said there is no law against the black smoke they was makin us stop doin it cause it was makin some people mad and they was makin threats. a friend of mine got jumped by a bunch of guys and put some big dents in his bed, i'm sure he was blowin smoke on them and mouthin like he does. he didn't get hurt bad though. but i ended the weekend drinkin waaaaay to much and passing out at 4 in the mornin and 530 the next one. me and one other person shared around 80+ in 2 nights. and we helped other people with theirs. so my insides were kinda mad at me sunday and today.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:44 AM

lol @ pack, sounds kinda like my weekend at the fair...

for you guys who missed it, seeing justin put that ctd in the dirtpile at the end of the track was a site to see...i think i got it on video if i can figue out how to get it up and on-line...

good times at the mo-state fair
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pack Mule
caracajou that was my cousin when i got back he wouldn't shut up about your truck loping i laughed at him and he said some guy stopped by i figured it was matt. we always have cb's in our truck so we can talk from one end of town to the other and keep someone in front keeping an eye or for the law so we can sit back and horse around. i started to do one burn out in front of walmart and horse shoed one of my traction bars and dropped the other one on the ground and had to take them off. that and 400 a tire kinda takes the fun out of a burn out. jammer that was ridiculous price on tickets. i asked them about the smoke and they said there is no law against the black smoke they was makin us stop doin it cause it was makin some people mad and they was makin threats. a friend of mine got jumped by a bunch of guys and put some big dents in his bed, i'm sure he was blowin smoke on them and mouthin like he does. he didn't get hurt bad though. but i ended the weekend drinkin waaaaay to much and passing out at 4 in the mornin and 530 the next one. me and one other person shared around 80+ in 2 nights. and we helped other people with theirs. so my insides were kinda mad at me sunday and today.

Pack, were you around for the big brawl at Walmart? I get back to my truck and there are 50+ cops with billy clubs standing around and an ambulance stitching a couple guys up. Also there were broken beer bottles layin everywhere. Also was that one of the Snow's in the maroon dodge running with you?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:38 PM

jayme snow was there with his. it was the other one with stacks.i didn't see the brawl though. did you see the cops and the black mustang incident????? that was awesome. 7 cops ran dow a mustang and jerked the guys out and slammed them on the pavement hard.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:40 PM

Coleman, I'll get ahold of ya sometime this week. Neebs on Dodge Truck World also asked me if we wanted to start a dedicated Super Street Pulling class here in the area. If that works I know what I will build ole red into. he new dodge is running well, I just haven't have time to put anything on it, though it is all sitting in my living room.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pack Mule
jayme snow was there with his. it was the other one with stacks.i didn't see the brawl though. did you see the cops and the black mustang incident????? that was awesome. 7 cops ran dow a mustang and jerked the guys out and slammed them on the pavement hard.
No I didn't hear about the mustang incident. LOL cops are getting tough on this event. Jayme is he part of snow paradise farms or whatever it's called? I've heard about them and I see their trucks up and down the road all the time.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 PM

yep. him and his dad owns it. i used to run for them till they governed their trucks. i can't stand being controlled. and to govern a cattle truck is retarded. they did it cause i got stopped in in wisconsin and shut down by DOT for alot of stuff that dind't pass on the truck. so his dad blamed me for it and we got into it. so i quit, i'd rather keep jayme as a friend than us have bad blood over a job and money.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 AM

I about got in a fight as well. Some doped up guy threw his back pack at another guy and missed by ten feet! My brother - in-law and I both smacked it down to keep it from hitting two of my kids. By the time I turned around, four guys had jumped out of the back of a truck and were in the process of running him off - or pounding him if he chose to stay! He Left, which was the smartest thing he did all night. There were 6 more of us ready to pound him if the other 4 backed off. He crossed the street and disappeared, until later on (1:30 or so) I got the pleasure of watching the cops bodily drop the same guy on the asphault and one hi-po put his foot on the guys neck pinning him to the ground.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:21 AM

They said on the radio that it was the biggest crowd they have ever had. But by the sound of it they may change the way it's conducted next year.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:25 AM

keep the corwd happy and let the burnouts come back.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 AM

Smokin S what happened to your truck on Sunday?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 AM

Trashed the injection pump and somehow broke the steering box. Did anyone get any results? I finished close to last again, it would't be so bad, if i would't broke some expensive parts. Before i pull again, i'm going to buy a tach that works as i'm winding her up as it only seems to work as i'm going down the track and never seems to read what i would like it to, somewhere around 2500 rpm.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:32 AM

What did it do to the pump? Edwards won it followed by Tony Imhoff and Landon Holmes in the Dmax.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Smoking S
Trashed the injection pump and somehow broke the steering box. Did anyone get any results? I finished close to last again, it would't be so bad, if i would't broke some expensive parts. Before i pull again, i'm going to buy a tach that works as i'm winding her up as it only seems to work as i'm going down the track and never seems to read what i would like it to, somewhere around 2500 rpm.
Last??? Your truck made the evening show, I hardly consider that close to last... I stuck a nice big Equus tach in mine, seems to be working great, works off the stock crank trigger.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:17 PM

I'm also interested into hearing about this trashed injection pump.

Quick Reply: Missouri State Fair