Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Competition / Pulls / OffRoad (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/)
-   -   How to win a tug o war???? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/how-win-tug-o-war-104804/)

BigDan 06-02-2006 04:16 PM

How to win a tug o war????

Hey ive seen and heard of these and need to know how to play and win. This is where you hook up 2 trucks and see who can pull who backwards. I'd hate loosing and think this comes down to technique and not power.

See my sig for truck details

Thanks

MasseyMan1089 06-02-2006 04:28 PM

Ouu, hard as heck on the truck! But I have done it, so I'm not preaching to you like some will here soon... Weight is what its 95% about. You must outweigh the guy to win. HP & TQ are good, but its mostly weight. Throw some suitcase weights under the bedliner, or some lead fender wells. haha. Wait until he starts to spin, then let her loose. But MAKE SURE YOU SPIN if you dont right away pull him. All the TQ has to go somewhere....why not a drive shaft? [nonono] Best of luck....get a video!!!

BigDan 06-02-2006 04:52 PM

So stand on the brakes until he starts to spin his tires then let out the clutch???

Do I need wheel speed or go 4 LO 1st gear????

MasseyMan1089 06-02-2006 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by BigDan
So stand on the brakes until he starts to spin his tires then let out the clutch???

Thats umm......CHEATING! [dummy] :cool: You can do that, or toy with him a little bit. There is a video somewhere on here of a dodge and a stroker hookin. Find it and do what that guy does...its very entertaining!

csramsey640 06-02-2006 07:09 PM

9 chances outa 10, you wont be able to hold the brake and then let out of the clutch. Because somewhere in the mix you will have little to no brake, or no power for clutch, and stall.

Hold brake(enough to hold opponent), let out clutch=stall

Let up on brake to keep from stalling, he is still in it=your going for a ride

Listen to the weight aspect, its how youll win/loose Been there done that. I also deflated my tires a decent amount, which helped out. Speed does nothing-if you cant get traction. the faster the worse. I ran I believe low 2, as we got moving, then put the hammer down.

If it starts jumping to beat **** get outa her. There is no bragging rights in tearing up your own truck just to loose.

01smoker 06-03-2006 11:51 AM

http://www.willburns.com/Hookin.mpg

Here is the link for the Cummins pullin the Stroker.

boostedte37 06-03-2006 12:10 PM

Sweet [laugh] I thought I had seen it all [laugh]

MasseyMan1089 06-03-2006 03:10 PM

I was very surprised when I watched that movie of the stroker being drug, with the way he was bouncing! If I were him, I'da let out of here on the first sign of a wheel hop. Guess he got lucky... :rolleyes:

TxDiesel007 06-03-2006 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by BigDan

Actually

u would be surprised just how good 3rd gear and 4 low work, (if they feel that they can pull u in 4 hi) i have actually done a couple of pulls, and thats how i won them, yes try not to spin, and have some weight, it helps alot... I use the club tho (anti theft thing) and i hold the brakes with that right on gas, left on clutch, that works well for me..

Rick

Gambino-01 06-03-2006 09:26 PM

LOL, I like how that one guy in the white t-shirt just stands out there with his "beverage" while that ford flies by about two feet from him at the most.

Gambino-01 06-03-2006 09:28 PM

I think maybe that second hook up would have been pretty even if the ford wasnt bouncing.

MasseyMan1089 06-04-2006 08:21 AM

So did you hook him yet BigDan???

BigDan 06-05-2006 01:21 AM

Nothing lined up yet. You can say I just wat to be prepared when the time comes.

As far as pulling goes...Is it a waste of time since I have a manual?

Would it be easier if one (not me) had a built auto and build boost and let er rip??

How bout once I have my DD clutch, build boost w/ the brake on and then let er rip???

I think in need more info before i give it a try.