Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Competition / Pulls / OffRoad (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/)
-   -   Banks better?? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/competition-pulls-offroad-108/banks-better-183940/)

chrigu 12-24-2007 01:45 PM

Banks better??

hi

have found test from banks with D Max and Tuners.

Banks ist the best??

http://www.bankspower.com/LBZ-whitePaper.cfm
chris

soulezoo 12-24-2007 02:19 PM

No!!! Stay with your smarty!! Trust me, I have both!

1stGen545 12-24-2007 02:24 PM

Banks makes good stuff but most every one on here dis likes them because the don't make cheep HP and like to keep the smoke down. just watch and you will see that almost no one will have much good to say about them because its a big co. with lots of $$$$. I realy like Edge but I dont bash Banks.

chrigu 12-24-2007 02:36 PM

no
im wondering that banks was best.
i haved six gun but i have sold.

on dyno i haved with six gun on 6 only 50 hp(305 HP) more,with smarty i have on dyno 360 hp.
for my was banks disappointment .

chris

mx684 12-24-2007 02:47 PM

a buddy of mine bought a truck with about everything possible to get from banks....and from seeing all of it and driving it i think its a waste of money..ur just paying high $$ for a name, that has no better performance than alot of others out there...

dieselJon 12-25-2007 05:05 PM

Someone over at CompD went up against another guy on a Dyno. A custom 4" exhaust, smarty, and boost fooler went up against $4K worth of Banks stuff. The results was something like a 150hp spread, Banks losing.

If ya want, head over to CompD and read the staging lanes forum. Banks is at a all-time low.

Jon

soulezoo 12-31-2007 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by dieselJon (Post 1857737)
Someone over at CompD went up against another guy on a Dyno. A custom 4" exhaust, smarty, and boost fooler went up against $4K worth of Banks stuff. The results was something like a 150hp spread, Banks losing.

If ya want, head over to CompD and read the staging lanes forum. Banks is at a all-time low.

Jon

True stuff right there!! Last dyno day for me: Smarty Beta 4.2 sw9 + Banks sixgun on level six = 372hp. Smarty Beta 4.2 sw9 + Power Puck on 90hp= 446hp. Dyno don't lie!![laugh]

Buckshotram 12-31-2007 02:40 PM

banks = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Safe power but Im about sick of everytime you turn on trucks or watch tv its banks this or banks that[yuk]

John_P 01-04-2008 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by chrigu (Post 1856417)
no
im wondering that banks was best.
i haved six gun but i have sold.

on dyno i haved with six gun on 6 only 50 hp(305 HP) more,with smarty i have on dyno 360 hp.
for my was banks disappointment .

chris

-----------
Chris:

It sounds like you pretty much answered your own question on this thread!;)

-------
John_P

impmouse 01-04-2008 03:20 PM

[yuk][yuk][yuk][yuk][yuk][yuk][yuk][yuk][yuk][yuk] ,,, yea i would do some reading about banks and i think you will steer away from them

j-fox 01-04-2008 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotram (Post 1866525)
banks = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Safe power but Im about sick of everytime you turn on trucks or watch tv its banks this or banks that[yuk]

safe power??????
Ask the guy who bought a Banks kit and was stranded in Effingham Illinois when it melted cylinders 5+6.
Banks advertised that thier mods don't void warantees but the owner had to get a lawyer to get things right. And it took a year, if I remember it correctly!!!!!!!
Modding your motor makes you the warantee guy for those modded parts!!!

J Lent 01-04-2008 04:32 PM

I had Banks, my first tuner. Will never buy another Banks product again. Overpriced, Overated.

kupecda 01-04-2008 08:23 PM

I am always sceptical when a vendor tests their product against their competitors. Their products never seem to lose... Were the tests really honest and fair? I'm betting probaby not... just my .02

dfl5150 03-05-2008 03:15 PM

I like the Banks on my truck.......but I didn't have to purchase it. It was on the truck when i got it. I have never had a problem

ILLINOISRAM 03-05-2008 06:54 PM

I have never had a (chip) personally, but my experiance with Bank's stuff is this: My neighbor has a 05 durajunk that he bought used. It came with a edge juice with attitude monitor, afe intake and factory straight piped exhaust. This combo ran good i guess, but he did not like the smoke when pulling his brand new fifth wheel. It smoked the side of the trailer up. So he switched to banks 6 gun. I personally could not tell the differance between stock and level 6. It definantly has no smoke, or power either IMHO. To me it was a total waste of money and aint worth the box it comes shipped in. Tim