Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

500 HP 7.3 vs 600 HP CTD/Dmax

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500 HP 7.3 vs 600 HP CTD/Dmax

I have a read a few times that Ford boys say a 500 horse 7.3 will beat a 600 horse CTD or Dmax all the time......the wizard David Lott says so, and others agree. It makes no sense at all to me......Anyone shed some light as to how they arrived at this conclusion?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:59 PM

I would say they are full of it too, a 500 hp dmax might beat a 600 hp cummins or 7.3 due to the weight difference, those trucks are way lighter. And like i see in the diesel power challenges most dmaxs run 33'' tires compared to dodges running 35s and up. Dmaxs will run though, 7.3....not quite unless its Danny elmore(orange ford) haha, his will straight run too.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
I have a read a few times that Ford boys say a 500 horse 7.3 will beat a 600 horse CTD or Dmax all the time......the wizard David Lott says so, and others agree. It makes no sense at all to me......Anyone shed some light as to how they arrived at this conclusion?
They cant be all there if the drive a powerjoke C'mon now they even circled the problem for em with a nice big blue oval
Old 01-11-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by strokerace
They cant be all there if the drive a powerjoke C'mon now they even circled the problem for em with a nice big blue oval
I actually own a ford too 99 f250 runs great little louder than straight six cummins. power level for your so called power joke is way beyond the 01 dodge.ford has dp tuner on it mostly stock. 40 80 120 hp gain settings dodge with evo 140 extreme doesnt hold feather to my ford on 80hpwhy is that if my mexican made dodge cummins is so great that my ford will out perform it?????????????????????????????????????????????*** minsgetyasome
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by smokeone
I actually own a ford too 99 f250 runs great little louder than straight six cummins. power level for your so called power joke is way beyond the 01 dodge.ford has dp tuner on it mostly stock. 40 80 120 hp gain settings dodge with evo 140 extreme doesnt hold feather to my ford on 80hpwhy is that if my mexican made dodge cummins is so great that my ford will out perform it?????????????????????????????????????????????*** minsgetyasome
Well it's apparent the level of education that you have reached in your life with your sophomoric reply. Congrats on establishing your knowledge or lack thereof with your very first post! We are all aware that the 98-02 Cummins is the dog of all CTD engines and I would agree that the standard chip/intake/ehaust in a Ford would yield better results than in the Dodge. Go back to the Ford forums and join the other dinosaur lovers, I'm looking for intelligent responses to my post.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
OK guys, I think you BOTH forgot what forum you are on....

If you want to start a peeing contest, take it somewhere else
Old 01-11-2008, 09:54 PM

LOL! Larry since i made a good post unlike the other 2 guys can you send me another one of those candy bars that came with my smarty? Ha just messin with ya 03
Old 01-11-2008, 10:02 PM

It will beat them in what sense? In a straight line? Pulling 15K? on the track I personally think the Dmax would win just because of its RPM range and weight, which is the general consensus on just about every forum (of course not everyone agrees), but in the real world and actually using a truck for what they are made for, work, which would win? I think the CTD would, also because of the general consensus' made on different forums that the CTD just have more low end torque which make them great for hauling/towing/work in general, of course like everything else on the internet this is only my opinion and some may agree and other definitely wont...
Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 PM

The comparison one guy used was a video of an older CTD, not sure if it was a 12 or 24v, but the Dodge did 524 and the Ford did 456, both were extended cab longbeds.....The Ford got a slight jump, perhaps a half second and got out ahead, but in the end it was close, perhaps within a half second with the Ford winning. I don't know the circumstances, weight, temperature...etc.....

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
OK guys, I think you BOTH forgot what forum you are on....

If you want to start a peeing contest, take it somewhere else
Sorry Lary, my bladder is empty and will remain that way!
Originally Posted by DodgeCTD
LOL! Larry since i made a good post unlike the other 2 guys can you send me another one of those candy bars that came with my smarty? Ha just messin with ya 03
You get a candy bars when you order smarties these days??? Man put me on the list!! LOL
Old 01-12-2008, 08:22 AM

I don't know much about drag racing but in general a V8 engine will come up to speed faster than an I6 due to the shorter stroke. I know in sled pulling a 500hp 7.3 isn't going to come close to holding it's own with a 600hp CTD or Dmax. In our area there is a Dmax at 570hp and a couple of Dodges running low to mid 600s and I haven't seen a stroke come close to pulling with them on a track so far.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Banned

not going to happen...
Old 01-12-2008, 03:07 PM

I can see average power beating peak power, if a Ford were to spend more time through the RPM band at peak power vs the Dodge......but tune the trucks the to both do the same and I think it's closer to a draw. I think it's pretty far off if they think that it's the rule for all matchups that lower HP in one truck beats higher HP in another.....
Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 AM
JIT

If HP, Weight and gearing are all the same... how would one win over the other??? At that point it should be safe to assume the DRIVER makes the diff.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned

Well first off Lott said it so come on.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DodgeCTD
I would say they are full of it too, a 500 hp dmax might beat a 600 hp cummins or 7.3 due to the weight difference, those trucks are way lighter. And like i see in the diesel power challenges most dmaxs run 33'' tires compared to dodges running 35s and up. Dmaxs will run though, 7.3....not quite unless its Danny elmore(orange ford) haha, his will straight run too.
elmo's truck really dosent do much it runs ok when it comes to the ford world 12.18 is the best run but it breaks alot

Quick Reply: 500 HP 7.3 vs 600 HP CTD/Dmax