Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

12 Second 6 Speed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 10:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet Buddy!! I know you and your Dad have been tweaking that truck for a while!! Congrats. I got the phone call last night too!! Thanks for the advanced notice!!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOLY CRAP DUDE.......that is awesome!!!!!! Congrats man, you can proudly say you are one of the few that can pull that off........that's amazing!!!!!

~Nick
Old 05-19-2006, 11:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would like to know the secret on how you can shift the big 6spd so fast!

MikeyB
Old 05-19-2006, 01:05 PM

Wow. So just curious what would a built auto do with the same power?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
Luken:

Unfortunately, we did not get a video of it, but as "banshee" pointed out there were other DTR Members there that witnessed the runs including myself, "masonic_dodge", "PapaSmurf" and his son Geoffery along with many several non DTR Members that are friends of "banshee" and one local business owner John Forbes (East Coast Performance).

If I had thought he would have gotten into the twelves I can assure you we would have videotaped it. But, the next time we go back there we will do that for you guys.

--------
John_P
I just wanted to clear up that in NO way was I trying to say I didnt believe it and I had to see a video. I just cant wait to see that...unbelievable...
Old 05-19-2006, 06:08 PM

Impressive!

I guess you used N20 for the runs?
I wonder if a 800+ rwhp 5 or 6 speed with drag radials might get into the 11´s?

Well done
Old 05-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Brandon:

Johnner is out of town until tomorrow, but yes, we are going to the "TS Performance Outlaw Race!" We will see you there Brandon!

-------
John_P
Old 05-19-2006, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is just crazy. I never would have thought that was possible with a manual! Congrats!

Rule #1....never go to the drag strip without a camera!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Darn "AK", by the looks of your "signature" Johnner is getting REAL close to your 1/4 mile times!

-------
John_P
Old 05-20-2006, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep. He will be passing me up before you know it. One more nitrous jet would probably do it. Actually, if he would ditch the 315s and do a run on 265's, that by itself will probably do it. My 315s cost me .4 in the 1/4. I've tested it with back to back 315 / 265 runs.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:40 AM

Hey Guys!

Thanks... the truck is running really well. I have the 40 hp flux injectors from Don, and they work very well!! The runs were all with the nitrous flowing... I will see what it runs on #2 only with this setup next time. The rains came not too long after my last run, so I was only able to get three in. I need to find someone who has a digital video recorder to take some videos of it... I've been talking about doing it for a loooong time now. I think some were taken at Mopars at the Rock, but the best runs of that day were 13.40s thanks to 95 degree weather, a slick track, and an old setup.

For the parts I'd like to thank Mark & Gina Chappel @ TST, Dennis Perry @ TS Performance, Don Morrison @ F1, Mike Wood and crew @ Scheid Diesel, Van Haisley and crew @ Haisley Machine and of course all the local guys, especially John_P, for all the help. Still have a stock CP3, cam, shifter, NV5600, headgasket, and longblock. Amazing my tranny never grinds when going through the gears fast and is butter smooth when rowing normally. I dunno about 11s, but I'm tempted to see what a modded CP3 would do

Edit: Yes, I start off in 2nd and hit 'em all on the way down the strip. IMO 3rd is a bit too steep, especially with 3.73s and 315s. Taking off in 3rd from a stop taking some serious slipping/lugging of the motor, and I don't really want to risk smoking my clutch. When I missed the 2-3 it was my fault by hitting the gate between 3rd and 5th.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Congratulations Johnner!!!

And to think I can say I beat you and that truck in a drag race at the very same strip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when it was a few days old,,,,,,,,,,,, slam stock,,,,,,,,, and still wearing temporary tags,,,,,,,,,

Never again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It still amazes me how you or anyone can row one of those 6-spd trannies like that. Please promise me one thing,,,,,,,,,, DO NOT teach Papa Smurf any of your secrets,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think he's the only one left that RATTLIN can take at the strip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And I'm not really sure he ain't been practicing enough by now,,,,, to whoop me too!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Administrator

AK RAM:

I agree with you 100% on the big tires affecting the 1/4 mile performance.
But, as Johnner always said, the newer Dodge CTD CR Trucks just look funny without the bigger tires. I had no idea it would be as much as .4 tenths though! We will have to try your idea on that! Thanks!

As far as more power for Johnner's truck, I don't think he will go to anymore NOS. I think he feels he is about "at the limit" on that right now, so as he said I can see one of those "modded Stage II CP-3 Fuel Pumps" in his future though!

--------
John_P
Old 05-20-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
Never again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It still amazes me how you or anyone can row one of those 6-spd trannies like that. Please promise me one thing,,,,,,,,,, DO NOT teach Papa Smurf any of your secrets,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think he's the only one left that RATTLIN can take at the strip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And I'm not really sure he ain't been practicing enough by now,,,,, to whoop me too!
Dude you crack me up
Old 05-20-2006, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by banshee
Edit: Yes, I start off in 2nd and hit 'em all on the way down the strip. IMO 3rd is a bit too steep, especially with 3.73s and 315s. Taking off in 3rd from a stop taking some serious slipping/lugging of the motor, and I don't really want to risk smoking my clutch. When I missed the 2-3 it was my fault by hitting the gate between 3rd and 5th.
Thats awesome. You've gotta be one heck of a driver

Quick Reply: 12 Second 6 Speed!