Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

1020 Hp

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either way, I'm impressed with this feat. Could you imagine driving that rig on the street? It'd be so hard to keep your right foot out of it.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetpilot
This is not a correct statement..... Not just anyone can add nitrous and expect to see a 200 HP gain. In fact most guys would destroy parts with a 200 HP dose of juice. It takes some serious enginework to use nitrous effectively, its not just install and shoot stuff. I see guys all the time who say it ain't true HP if drugs were used, but the truth is HP is HP no matter how you got there. 1020 on a 5.9 is a great accomplishment!
NO joke. It's quite revealing how ignorant some people are when they say things like "anyone could spray and hit the HP".

Really? Including YOU?? If so, WHY HAVEN'T *YOU* DONE IT?? HMM??

Personally, I think they best investment you can make in spraying is a huge wastegate, because the drive energy to the charger is gonna get out of hand in a hurry!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:28 PM

Hohn,
I could easily afford twin turbos or NOS.
But I choose not to buy them.

Some people arent out for the most hp at any cost.

Some of us have to abide by rules or just simply choose to make our power with Diesel only.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:58 PM

This is not a correct statement..... Not just anyone can add nitrous and expect to see a 200 HP gain. In fact most guys would destroy parts with a 200 HP dose of juice. It takes some serious enginework to use nitrous effectively, its not just install and shoot stuff. I see guys all the time who say it ain't true HP if drugs were used, but the truth is HP is HP no matter how you got there. 1020 on a 5.9 is a great accomplishment!
Besides that; Nitrous is not really drugs, it is just air!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hdmax
Besides that; Nitrous is not really drugs, it is just air!
Great point! There is no fuel to nitrous...... If you want to throw around other fuels to me that would be propane and/or methanol, funny how water/meth seems to be OK by the same guys who denounce nitrous
Old 02-22-2006, 04:44 PM

Great point! There is no fuel to nitrous...... If you want to throw around other fuels to me that would be propane and/or methanol, funny how water/meth seems to be OK by the same guys who denounce nitrous
that is funny how water meth seems to be ok by some,and that they just use it to keep egts down,seems to me shooting in anything extra at all should rank in the same place
Old 02-22-2006, 08:00 PM

True, just somebody that's done their homework, has a little money and willing to spend some time tuning. Hp is hp, but nitrous is kind of a band aid to inefficiency's of other parts.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Hohn,
I could easily afford twin turbos or NOS.
But I choose not to buy them.

Some people arent out for the most hp at any cost.

Some of us have to abide by rules or just simply choose to make our power with Diesel only.
True that, I also think people that use the nos are drag racers.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:36 AM

If saying that nitrous is a band-aid is true you can also say that even water is a band-aid for improperly setting the truck up on fuel only. It's the same thing. And like mentioned nitrous is not a fuel, methanol is a fuel.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:09 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have ordered a blue band aid for mine now. I want to be the first to break a crank on the dyno! Or a rod, either will do.

Don~
Old 02-23-2006, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
If saying that nitrous is a band-aid is true you can also say that even water is a band-aid for improperly setting the truck up on fuel only. It's the same thing. And like mentioned nitrous is not a fuel, methanol is a fuel.

I never said band-aids were a bad thing.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:38 AM

I saw a gal wearing a couple of band-aids in a huh, huh Cabrolet. Theres the word I was looking for. Even if it is spelled wrong. It was a good thing also.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by mcoleman
You could go one step farther, and say that the Turbo is a band-aid
How much power would we all be sportin' without the turbo?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My GENERAL experience with nitrous denouncers is that they are people who are:

1. Ignorant of how it works, and therefore afraid to use it themselves.

2. Upset because someone who used it wore them out.

Nitrous is just another way to make power.

Yes, we all know that nitrous can break stuff, especially if used improperly.

No, we don't care that you know someone who's crankshaft shot out of their block and hit a little old lady in the head, thus making a terrible mess.

If you choose to not take whatever risks come along with nitrous, that's fine. Other people do choose to take the risk. Please don't preach.

Yes, you're Edit is just as beat if the other guy sprays and beats you.

No, crying about him using it won't change the fact that you just got wore out. If you choose to think to yourself that you really didn't get beaten because the other guy sprayed, by all means think that. Just don't make a big production out of telling everyone else-most of us will laugh at you for being a Edit. Not a Edit for not choosing to spray, but a Edit for acting like no one else should, either.

Now, using it in a class for which it's prohibited is another matter. That's dishonesty, and not what I'm talking about.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ten_Bucks
Either way, I'm impressed with this feat. Could you imagine driving that rig on the street? It'd be so hard to keep your right foot out of it.
No doubt. You probably couldn't keep enough traction to be able to enjoy all of that power on the street. Nitrous or not those are fantastic numbers.

Quick Reply: 1020 Hp