Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

03 CR goes 1009 HP

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by getblown5.9
what if someone made good power on a set of injectors not made by Don????

Well it is possibly and it does happen it just isn't posted 5 min after it happens. Oh oops is that stirin the pot.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Well it is possibly and it does happen it just isn't posted 5 min after it happens. Oh oops is that stirin the pot.
yea i better not stir the pot anymore. i dont wanna get banned.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
what if someone made good power on a set of injectors not made by Don????

Dude you are going a little far with the whole injector thing... BBD made a bunch of power on DDP4's, so there not everyone needs Machs to make power lol. I think it is just a little more often people do big numbers with Don's is because he makes custom sizes and the ones he regularly makes (Mach 7's etc...) are really big anyway lol. My .02

That is pretty awesome though Reb broke 1k, maybe by the end of the year some more people will be there (or close) on #2 only, as well as nitrous.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
Dude you are going a little far with the whole injector thing... BBD made a bunch of power on DDP4's, so there not everyone needs Machs to make power lol. I think it is just a little more often people do big numbers with Don's is because he makes custom sizes and the ones he regularly makes (Mach 7's etc...) are really big anyway lol. My .02

BBD was a 12v not a 24v or CR. much different
Old 04-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Injectors are injectors...they are all designed for certain applications, and the "situations" you need to make power is the same, while the design might fluctuate!

Chris
Old 04-03-2007, 01:29 PM

At one time I also gave don a rashin of crap about his injectors (just ask him). Finally I had to try them, and I'm glad I did, because IMHO they are leaps and bounds ahead of everbody else's. Alot of places make a good injector, but lets take for example ddp. There 24valve injectors start life as a stage1 jammer nozzle, they then extrude hone. While this is fine for more flow, what do you think happens to the spray angle. I would think it would get wider. Makes me wonder if it's even hitting the bowl where it should be. While honing is fine for light touch up work, it's far from creating a precision hole.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sleds
At one time I also gave don a rashin of .......
ration?
irregardless,.............
Old 04-03-2007, 02:09 PM

Congrats to Reb on the awesome numbers. You and Maddog can rematch at the Weekend on the Edge in September

Maddog can correct me if I am wrong but I believe he put down 970HP at 2800 RPM last year on the Edge dyno. He was king at the track and on the dyno.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:18 PM

ya'll was talkin about big hp numbers with don's sticks, did i read right on the DDP website that maddog is runnin their honed sticks???? i could be wrong so correct me if i am somebody. i had a buddy of mine with 90hp ddp's make alot more hp at the dyno event at MCS than don's flux2's (100hp) sticks. i forget the exact difference it was somewhere around 70-100hp though. both 3rd gen.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

how did this thread turn into a injector war? i thought it was just saying congrats to Reb for the 1K hp.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by inline6power
how did this thread turn into a injector war? i thought it was just saying congrats to Reb for the 1K hp.
I know thats what I was thinking Geez guys come on. It doesnt matter whose injector made the power just aslong as it made it. Its 1009 hp in a streetable truck. Thats flat out awesome anyway you look at it.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Banned

and as far as the guy who said oh well maddog was able to drive after that race, well how many times did Reb dyno? total of 8 times that weekend. drove to the ag center, and then raced. what about maddog? TRAILERED it there, raced ONCE and that was it.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 PM

and as far as the guy who said oh well maddog was able to drive after that race, well how many times did Reb dyno? total of 8 times that weekend. drove to the ag center, and then raced. what about maddog? TRAILERED it there, raced ONCE and that was it.
Maddog was on a trailer? Weird? I thought he drove all the way from home, just to show how streetable the truck is.....
As for this turning into an injector issue, well lets see some dyno graphs. No one is saying the 1000HP mark isn't or hasn't been met with a CR/Duramax/Cummins motor, but it sure would be nice to see the curve graphed. Where the power comes on and how the NO2/water effects the curve. I bet if you ask DDP after their open house/dyno event this month, or ask Maddog right now for a dyno sheet they would post it up.........
Crazy that nothing ever seems to materialize......from some people.
Why hide the truth??
Old 04-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Hey guys,.....PLEASE try to keep this thread civil and avoid the personal attacks!
Reb and MADDOG both have great trucks and there is no need for a "war" over it!

Thanks.

-------
John_P
Old 04-03-2007, 07:32 PM

Its because Don was the one that posted up first. People give him crap for that for some reason. Who gives a rip. Knock it off guys. A truck just made over 1k hp and Don posted it. My gosh you guys, grow up.

Quick Reply: 03 CR goes 1009 HP