Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   CADTR #27 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/cadtr-27-129/)
-   -   Diesl World Crude Drags2: Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/cadtr-27-129/diesl-world-crude-drags2-famoso-raceway-bakersfield-187485/)

jon96ctd 02-18-2008 12:35 PM

I'll be camping at the track with the Brown's Diesel crew and will probably be hauling a GN trailer with my flat bed Mtn Goat. My brother's 3rd gen is a red quad cab with black stacks on 35's and Thuren suspended...along with a bunch of other lil 6 cylinder trucks that REB's had his hands on!

JPR Ram 02-18-2008 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by jon96ctd (Post 1952627)
I'll be camping at the track with the Brown's Diesel crew and will probably be hauling a GN trailer with my flat bed Mtn Goat. My brother's 3rd gen is a red quad cab with black stacks on 35's and Thuren suspended...along with a bunch of other lil 6 cylinder trucks that REB's had his hands on!

Camping at the...........track grounds??

Woodchuck61 02-19-2008 08:02 PM

What effect will rain have on this event?

Smkndzl 02-19-2008 09:19 PM

Rain will kill the drag race , but not the Dyno event or the pulling event. even heard there might end up with a mud drag.

Woodchuck61 02-19-2008 11:33 PM

Well, lets pray for no rain. I really want to run the 1/4.

jon96ctd 02-20-2008 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Smkndzl (Post 1955544)
Rain will kill the drag race , but not the Dyno event or the pulling event. even heard there might end up with a mud drag.

yep, they'll axe the 1/4 pretty quick if there's any rain. weather.com is saying 20% for Sat, which usually means nothing to hardly any; and sprinkles at that.

JPR, as far as I know there's camping on the east side of the track, that's where all the camping for the March Meet nostalgia drags is. I assume it'll be in the same area. either way, they usually have a designated area for campers/trailers/RV's there at the track.

Pitz 02-20-2008 12:09 PM

Its raining down here in Bakersfield, but the weather systems are supposed to be out of here by Friday.

dieselcarpenter 02-20-2008 06:46 PM

It's almost here!!

Is there going to be any way for all of us central and so-cal and just DTR in general, guys to get together? I sure would love to meet up with everybody! :D That is if anybody is interested?

I think we will sneak by in between rain systems, KNOCK ON WOOD! ;)

Hope to see you all there! :D

Big Horn 06 02-20-2008 10:31 PM

Wow, talk about short notice, I just stumbled upon this and might be able to make it. Hopefully, the weather will hold up.

mannwelder 02-20-2008 10:51 PM

Drags

There will be a bunch of Us from the Central Coast going.

dieselcarpenter 02-21-2008 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Big Horn 06 (Post 1957873)
Wow, talk about short notice, I just stumbled upon this and might be able to make it. Hopefully, the weather will hold up.

UMMM, thats why you join the chapter(s), (Central and So-Cal), and then frequent the forum boards!! [nonono]

[laugh] JK! [laugh]

But seriously,[director] JOIN THE CHAPTER(S) its like a gohst town on the two lower CA forums as compared to the amount of trucks in the area!! [verymad]

Hope you can make it! ;)

jon96ctd 02-22-2008 09:38 AM

got my fingers crossed. weather.com's hour by hour is saying partly cloudy all day tomorrow, with 20% chance of sprinkles late afternoon/evening.

even if the 1/4 does get canceled, there'll still be sled pulls and truck pulls. nothing like hooking tow hitches in the mud!!!!

dieselcarpenter 02-23-2008 01:00 AM

Aaaahhhhh Yeeeeaaaaaa!!!!!!

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Radar shows a break between systems! I hope it holds! :D

Good thing I know all of you by site and on a first name basis!! ;) I shouldn't have any problems meeting you guys! [dummy]

Oh well I guess we will all remain anonymous, just like on here! :(

Look for the guy with glasses and a Goatee, wearing a Camo Dodge Ram symbol Hat and the DTR baseball Shirt (if not too cold) that will be me! ;)

Hope to see you guys there! :D

dieselcarpenter 02-24-2008 12:45 AM

oooooooooooooooohhhhh yyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!!!

For my first race event ever, AWESOME!!! :D Weather was good for most of the day and it was great!! I was there sporting my six pack to go built to tow DTR Shirt, but I never ran into anybody. Did see one 1st gen sled puller with a DTR sticker on it got some picks, I think I recognize the truck. But the apparent lack of DTR stickers/ DTR awareness (aka, got a lot of response to where my shirt could be had from) vs. the plethora of Cummins powered rigs, and others for that matter, was appalling!!! [verymad]

I was hoping to meet some of you guys today but I saw no one I knew, and nobody approached me, guess I could have had the tower announce a shout out to all my DTR peeps! ;) But oh well, :(

All in all a great day, cant believe how many rigs got killed by the sled, something just didn't seem right? Glad to see so many Ladies dragging and pulling. :D

The vendors booths were good, even got to see Gale Banks! :D I wish they had more! I hope they continue to do this and more often! With so many race venues being closed we need to keep this one going!!

I took a bunch of pics I will work on posting them soon, Right now I am beat, Driving over the canyon and walkers pass in the snow and the terrible dust and wind going south on the 99 was bad enough, even if I hadn't gotten up at 4 to hit the road! :D

GREAT DAY! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!

D-C out! :cool:

dieselcarpenter 02-25-2008 06:36 PM

Nobody went eh?? :confused: