CADTR #24 Forum for the California chapter #24

SoCal DTR #24 get together???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pull U 2
*POOF* you're a member! Congratulations
Hey, that's my job to do that....unless you want it

Nick, did you guys get rained out weekend before last?

As far as a dyno day, I need to get a hold of an old acquaintance who knows an outfit in Mira Loma that has a chassis dyno. Don't know what kind, if it'll do diesels, etc.

I'm gonna be out of luck for camping, riding and beverages for about 6-8 weeks, my wife broke her arm in 3 places at Ocotillo Dec. 1. She finally gets it casted tomorrow. Between the torrential rain on Friday, sandstorm on Saturday and the broken arm, it pretty much sucked. To top it off, I only got to burn about $5-6 worth of the $50 worth of race gas I brought for my quad, and my son's quad was dumping fuel out of the carb as soon as I turned the gas on. I haven't even unloaded the quads yet. But I'm still up for a day trip to El Mirage or Stoddard.....

And for my last excuse, I went back to work in the refineries, which means I leave at 0430 and get home at 1900 during the week. If I can get a Saturday off and get caught up around the house, I'll get to planning something.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:15 AM

Don said he saw you driving home on Saturday. Said he saw a Megacab bouncing all around the freeway, like a Ford F-350 with 8" lift and dual Fox 2.0s at each corner, in dire need of some suspension work; and when he pulled up to flash his business card he saw it was you.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Don said he saw you driving home on Saturday. Said he saw a Megacab bouncing all around the freeway, like a Ford F-350 with 8" lift and dual Fox 2.0s at each corner, in dire need of some suspension work; and when he pulled up to flash his business card he saw it was you.
That's funny....I saw some busted up 3rd gen on RA's rolling down the freeway (what do you actually call that color?). When I pulled up along side for a closer look, I recognized the truck

I threw some crazy Wilmas gang signs at him and freaked him out until he recognized me....of all places, I run into him in Wilmington. Crazy coincidence...I happened to be working a Saturday and ran into him

As far as my Mega bouncing all over the freeway....I hope it rides as well when I'm done as it does now. OEM ride quality with the Mega is great, handling on the other hand is and off road capability is

10MPH @ the washes and I was on the bumps most of the time. Your right...in dire need of suspension.

Nick, glad to hear you guys still ran. Congrats on your point position. I think I can make an early season race, our season doesn't start until May. Thanks for the get well wishes for my wife....good news is she finally got it casted today and it doesn't look like surgery will be necessary. Tough gal....she turned down the morphine and can't wait to get back on the quad
Old 02-19-2008, 07:26 PM

Hey, I'm in Norco! Can I join too? C'mon! Do the "POOF" thing!
Do I get a hat or a pledge pin for my uniform?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by stinkindiesel
Hey, I'm in Norco! Can I join too? C'mon! Do the "POOF" thing!
Do I get a hat or a pledge pin for my uniform?
Old town or the bluffs?

I'm on Temescal between the high school and the intermediate school...

and yes, consider yourself a member! I'll PM you the secret phrase....
Old 02-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Wow, good idea Nick.....

Is your truck ready? Ours isn't.....tore the rest of it down last weekend. The short list:

New rear end (don't actually have it yet)
new front uppers
new front spindles/stubs/brakes
relocate the oil coolers+new plumbing
fabricate a new bell housing
new cage above the door bars (haven't cut the old one off yet)
all new wiring
weld up 10-12 cracks
waiting on Fat to finish the motor and Fox to finish the shocks (added another bypass in the bump section, new piston/valve stack)
and about 100 other things.

Think we'll be ready and tested by the end of March? I see late nights coming.....
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2
You guys are farther along then we are!

The only things on our truck are the motor/trans, seats and cooling system. No suspension at all, NOTHING! We still have to cut the cab off so we can fab everything out for the new glass, rebuild/revalve shocks, and clear coat all the suspension parts since we had them blasted so we could magnaflux everything.

I think we're trying to make the end of March also. Enjoy the late nights/ early mornings, I know I will! Good luck.
I beg to differ....at least y'all have the motor/trans, cooling system and seat in yours.....ours is down to the tube frame. But the toggle switches and number plate are still on.....

I think we're both torneo'd...
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 AM

I'm over on the bluffs, just a few doors up from Highland Elementary. You've probably seen my nasty bucket stinking up the parking lot over at Pat's Kitchen- it's a dk grey/lt grey club cab with a big primered patch behind the passenger door and a liftgate covered in pro-2nd amendment stickers.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:26 PM

So... any plans for a desert get-together to BBQ some meat, shoot some clays and enjoy a few beverages? The good "in-between" weather is upon us in SoCal; tolerably cool nights and tolerably warm days. Let's do it soon before the blasphemously hot weather gets here.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 AM

I'm up for one!

Quick Reply: SoCal DTR #24 get together???