Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   CADTR #24 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/cadtr-24-128/)
-   -   SoCal DTR #24 get together??? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/cadtr-24-128/socal-dtr-24-get-together-177033/)

Pull U 2 11-07-2007 09:01 AM

SoCal DTR #24 get together???

Any of you guys interested in a little get together in the desert? This may be just what we need!!Toys for Tots I'll be there for sure! It's very family oriented and we always have a good time! Right Pauly[guitar][coffee] Lets get something going!!!

Pull U 2 11-08-2007 08:52 AM

Bueller..................Bueller?

ptgarcia 11-09-2007 10:27 AM

I'm up for that! Should be a good time!

ptgarcia 11-09-2007 01:16 PM

Not gonna make it.

Well, scratch me off the list. Going to Kingman, AZ (the arm pit of America [yuk]) for my wife's family get together. Next time.....

Pull U 2 11-09-2007 04:56 PM

Tease!!!! You're gonna miss the race for the championship Pauly, with me in the truck no less!!!!

I guess I'll just go have fun by myself...............

ptgarcia 11-09-2007 05:03 PM

It's not like I want to! I hate Kingman.....[verymad]

Pull U 2 11-09-2007 05:07 PM

Just say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowhand 11-09-2007 09:46 PM

Nick, you suck (again)[laugh]

Already comitted to Ocotillo that weekend.....

Pull U 2 11-09-2007 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cowhand (Post 1783036)
Nick, you suck (again)[laugh]

Already comitted to Ocotillo that weekend.....

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

[laugh]

Pull U 2 12-10-2007 10:25 PM

Anybody got anything planned for anytime soon? I'd still really like to have a dyno day sometime. Conrad!!!!! Where you at man????

ptgarcia 12-10-2007 10:35 PM

I'm ready for something, too. It's desert season, also. Lets start the planning!

Pull U 2 12-10-2007 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia (Post 1834385)
I'm ready for something, too. It's desert season, also. Lets start the planning!

I'm down for some camping, riding and some beverages[guitar]

ptgarcia 12-10-2007 10:51 PM

I second that!

sdntive 12-11-2007 12:18 AM

x3 here...

75Dodge 12-11-2007 02:01 AM

Hey how do I join this chapter? I just got my truck running! And she's ready to go!

Pull U 2 12-11-2007 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by 75Dodge (Post 1834567)
Hey how do I join this chapter? I just got my truck running! And she's ready to go!

*POOF* you're a member! Congratulations[laugh]

Cowhand 12-11-2007 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2 (Post 1834714)
*POOF* you're a member! Congratulations[laugh]

Hey, that's my job to do that....unless you want it[laugh]

Nick, did you guys get rained out weekend before last?

As far as a dyno day, I need to get a hold of an old acquaintance who knows an outfit in Mira Loma that has a chassis dyno. Don't know what kind, if it'll do diesels, etc.

I'm gonna be out of luck for camping, riding and beverages for about 6-8 weeks, my wife broke her arm in 3 places at Ocotillo Dec. 1. She finally gets it casted tomorrow. Between the torrential rain on Friday, sandstorm on Saturday and the broken arm, it pretty much sucked. To top it off, I only got to burn about $5-6 worth of the $50 worth of race gas I brought for my quad, and my son's quad was dumping fuel out of the carb as soon as I turned the gas on. I haven't even unloaded the quads yet. But I'm still up for a day trip to El Mirage or Stoddard.....

And for my last excuse, I went back to work in the refineries, which means I leave at 0430 and get home at 1900 during the week. If I can get a Saturday off and get caught up around the house, I'll get to planning something.

ptgarcia 12-11-2007 11:15 AM

Don said he saw you driving home on Saturday. Said he saw a Megacab bouncing all around the freeway, like a Ford F-350 with 8" lift and dual Fox 2.0s at each corner, in dire need of some suspension work; and when he pulled up to flash his business card he saw it was you. [laugh]

Pull U 2 12-11-2007 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cowhand (Post 1834777)
Hey, that's my job to do that....unless you want it[laugh]

Nick, did you guys get rained out weekend before last?

As far as a dyno day, I need to get a hold of an old acquaintance who knows an outfit in Mira Loma that has a chassis dyno. Don't know what kind, if it'll do diesels, etc.

I'm gonna be out of luck for camping, riding and beverages for about 6-8 weeks, my wife broke her arm in 3 places at Ocotillo Dec. 1. She finally gets it casted tomorrow. Between the torrential rain on Friday, sandstorm on Saturday and the broken arm, it pretty much sucked. To top it off, I only got to burn about $5-6 worth of the $50 worth of race gas I brought for my quad, and my son's quad was dumping fuel out of the carb as soon as I turned the gas on. I haven't even unloaded the quads yet. But I'm still up for a day trip to El Mirage or Stoddard.....

And for my last excuse, I went back to work in the refineries, which means I leave at 0430 and get home at 1900 during the week. If I can get a Saturday off and get caught up around the house, I'll get to planning something.

No thanks! That's way too much responsibility for someone as simple as me[dummy]

We had rain on friday so we didn't prerun but we know the course pretty well so that wasn't much of an issue. Sat. was windy, muddy and COLD but the race was on. I didn't start,thank God because those guys got wet and muddy and said it was freezing! The 1st lap we blew the rear end in 19 miles, changed it out with only 45 mins down time and got back on the course. They went 3 laps and pitted and that's when I got in to co-drive. I went 6 laps which were trouble free and fast. We ended up finishing 8th for the race and 2nd in season points in class 1. Not too bad for a 5K lbs. truck! We start the next season Jan 19th in Barstow I think. You guys gonna make it out? You, Pauly, Don and whoever else wants to head out are welcome as usual in our pits.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she recovers quickly and fully.

We definately need to have a get together soon.

For your viewing pleasureToys For Tots 2007 I get in at the Second Pit Stop at the 2:43 mark in the video.

Pull U 2 12-11-2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia (Post 1834989)
Don said he saw you driving home on Saturday. Said he saw a Megacab bouncing all around the freeway, like a Ford F-350 with 8" lift and dual Fox 2.0s at each corner, in dire need of some suspension work; and when he pulled up to flash his business card he saw it was you. [laugh]

Is he sure that wasn't me?[laugh] Wait, that's not funny:(

Cowhand 12-12-2007 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia (Post 1834989)

That's funny....I saw some busted up 3rd gen on RA's rolling down the freeway (what do you actually call that color?). When I pulled up along side for a closer look, I recognized the truck:o

I threw some crazy Wilmas gang signs at him and freaked him out until he recognized me....of all places, I run into him in Wilmington. Crazy coincidence...I happened to be working a Saturday and ran into him[laugh]

As far as my Mega bouncing all over the freeway....I hope it rides as well when I'm done as it does now. OEM ride quality with the Mega is great, handling on the other hand is[yuk] and off road capability is [yuk][yuk][yuk][yuk]

10MPH @ the washes and I was on the bumps most of the time. Your right...in dire need of suspension.

Nick, glad to hear you guys still ran. Congrats on your point position. I think I can make an early season race, our season doesn't start until May. Thanks for the get well wishes for my wife....good news is she finally got it casted today and it doesn't look like surgery will be necessary. Tough gal....she turned down the morphine and can't wait to get back on the quad:cool:

stinkindiesel 02-19-2008 07:26 PM

Hey, I'm in Norco! Can I join too? C'mon! Do the "POOF" thing!
Do I get a hat or a pledge pin for my uniform?

Cowhand 02-19-2008 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by stinkindiesel (Post 1955266)
Hey, I'm in Norco! Can I join too? C'mon! Do the "POOF" thing!
Do I get a hat or a pledge pin for my uniform?

Old town or the bluffs?

I'm on Temescal between the high school and the intermediate school...

and yes, consider yourself a member! I'll PM you the secret phrase....

Pull U 2 02-19-2008 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cowhand (Post 1955452)
Old town or the bluffs?

I'm on Temescal between the high school and the intermediate school...

and yes, consider yourself a member! I'll PM you the secret phrase....

The secret phrase is SURPRISE! You're the new Chapter Pres!!!!http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...es/muahaha.gif

Cowhand 02-19-2008 08:57 PM

Wow, good idea Nick.....

Is your truck ready? Ours isn't.....tore the rest of it down last weekend. The short list:

New rear end (don't actually have it yet)
new front uppers
new front spindles/stubs/brakes
relocate the oil coolers+new plumbing
fabricate a new bell housing
new cage above the door bars (haven't cut the old one off yet)
all new wiring
weld up 10-12 cracks
waiting on Fat to finish the motor and Fox to finish the shocks (added another bypass in the bump section, new piston/valve stack)
and about 100 other things.

Think we'll be ready and tested by the end of March? I see late nights coming.....[duhhh]

Pull U 2 02-19-2008 10:00 PM

You guys are farther along then we are!

The only things on our truck are the motor/trans, seats and cooling system. No suspension at all, NOTHING! We still have to cut the cab off so we can fab everything out for the new glass, rebuild/revalve shocks, and clear coat all the suspension parts since we had them blasted so we could magnaflux everything.

I think we're trying to make the end of March also. Enjoy the late nights/ early mornings, I know I will! Good luck.

Cowhand 02-19-2008 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2 (Post 1955651)
You guys are farther along then we are!

The only things on our truck are the motor/trans, seats and cooling system. No suspension at all, NOTHING! We still have to cut the cab off so we can fab everything out for the new glass, rebuild/revalve shocks, and clear coat all the suspension parts since we had them blasted so we could magnaflux everything.

I think we're trying to make the end of March also. Enjoy the late nights/ early mornings, I know I will! Good luck.

I beg to differ....at least y'all have the motor/trans, cooling system and seat in yours.....ours is down to the tube frame. But the toggle switches and number plate are still on.....

I think we're both torneo'd...[laugh]

stinkindiesel 03-04-2008 12:31 AM

I'm over on the bluffs, just a few doors up from Highland Elementary. You've probably seen my nasty bucket stinking up the parking lot over at Pat's Kitchen- it's a dk grey/lt grey club cab with a big primered patch behind the passenger door and a liftgate covered in pro-2nd amendment stickers.

stinkindiesel 04-01-2008 11:26 PM

So... any plans for a desert get-together to BBQ some meat, shoot some clays and enjoy a few beverages? The good "in-between" weather is upon us in SoCal; tolerably cool nights and tolerably warm days. Let's do it soon before the blasphemously hot weather gets here.

ptgarcia 04-02-2008 12:05 AM

I'm up for one!

dieselcarpenter 04-02-2008 02:31 AM

Where you guys thinking? When?

PS- I hope to get to know guys better within the coming year, I am still waiting for Conrad to check his PM,s I hope he has all of your contact info, otherwise I will be hounding you and sending out official apps.! ;)

Is there any chapter hierarchy besides the pres? I have heard other chapters run entire boards of directors and commissioners etc.. Any body have any specific assignments?

stinkindiesel 04-02-2008 02:11 PM

I don't care where or when, I'm up for it.

If you're looking for directors, commissioners- I'm not interested... but the "etc.", I'd like to request the title of "the Great and Powerful Oz", if that's not already taken.

DieselLady 04-12-2008 11:30 AM

Well if you guys don't mind another member, and your still looking for something to do, how about making a run up to the Antelope Valley on June 14th. If you don't mind me stealing your thread. There will be a Sled Pull up here at the AV Fairgrounds Sat the 14th of June. Starts at 3:30 and goes till 8:00 and then the band FOGHAT, from the 70's will be playing. Also lots of harleys, showcars and Truckin for Kids Big Rigs. All for Charity. More info at www.thunderonthelot.com
CJohnson and I are working with this event. This will be the 14th year for the Thunder on the Lot Event. All the money earned goes to Kids Charitys. Diesel World Mag and Diesel Power Mag will be there. Lots of Vendors. If we make this work good this year, they plan to have it every year.
Hope you all can make it and please say POOF for me to join too. [coffee]