CADTR #24 Forum for the California chapter #24
View Poll Results: So Cal Dyno Day who is going?
Im going & Running
44.44%
Im going to watch
0%
I can't make it
11.11%
Im going but not sure if im going to pull or not
44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

So Cal Dyno Day Nov. 29th

Old 11-26-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well DieselCarpenter, like I said before, if you can get you sorry butt as far as Palmdale from Ridgecrest, I can haul it down there with me in my truck. I may not be the best company, buy it won't cost you nearly as much. They we can put you to work on the grill cause no one else seems to want the job. We could even put out a tip jar, and make back some of the fuel money it will take to get you to Palmdale. So no excuses. I will even promise to make one of your Ridgecrest meetings one of these days if you'll let me know when it is happening. See there's always a solution.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselLady
Well DieselCarpenter, like I said before, if you can get you sorry butt as far as Palmdale from Ridgecrest, I can haul it down there with me in my truck. I may not be the best company, buy it won't cost you nearly as much. They we can put you to work on the grill cause no one else seems to want the job. We could even put out a tip jar, and make back some of the fuel money it will take to get you to Palmdale. So no excuses. I will even promise to make one of your Ridgecrest meetings one of these days if you'll let me know when it is happening. See there's always a solution.
There is and there isnt a soloution. Thank you for your offer very much. UNfortunatley I am two weeks out from any money and I only have enough fuel to last a week tops. Probably be walking to work. And I mean literaly no money for anything, got a few coins out of the couch but I am having to dip in to the food storage for this one.

Lesson is watch your money like a hawk!!

I would have gladly grilled for every body but its just not in the cards. Have fun everyone and post lots of pictures!

Again thanks for the offer diesellady, I am praying times get better soon!!

D-C out!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by dieselcarpenter
There is and there isnt a soloution. Thank you for your offer very much. UNfortunatley I am two weeks out from any money and I only have enough fuel to last a week tops. Probably be walking to work. And I mean literaly no money for anything, got a few coins out of the couch but I am having to dip in to the food storage for this one.

Lesson is watch your money like a hawk!!

I would have gladly grilled for every body but its just not in the cards. Have fun everyone and post lots of pictures!

Again thanks for the offer diesellady, I am praying times get better soon!!

D-C out!
Oh well,,,, at least we tried!!! Sorry to hear about the $$ situation. May not be too far from the same place myself if fuel prices go back up and folks park their trucks. But for now, I prefer to not think about that. Will post lots of pics. If I can figure out how to get them all on the forum.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:54 AM

I'm sick and as you'll notice I'm not there with the barbques. SORRY, I don't have any way to contact except through here.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
I'm sick and as you'll notice I'm not there with the barbques. SORRY, I don't have any way to contact except through here.
Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Here is a little photo show so you can see what you missed.
Was fun and relaxed even though it wasn't a huge turnout, it was pretty good for our first dyno event.
http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo209/diesellady/
Betty
Old 11-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Here is a little photo show so you can see what you missed.
Was fun and relaxed even though it wasn't a huge turnout, it was pretty good for our first dyno event.
Betty
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Betty, post the dyno numbers so we can see how everyone did in your group!

Thanks.

--------
John_P
Old 11-29-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Betty, post the dyno numbers so we can see how everyone did in your group!

Thanks.

--------
John_P
Hi John. Well moparman was in charge and he was going to let everyone post their own numbers, so I don't have them all. I ran 372 after messing around for about 40 minutes trying to figure out where to hook up the RPM pickup on my new 6.7. We finally gave up cause once we found where to hook up, we put it in drive and the tach totally changed again. By that time, I had idled in drive long enough to get my engine temp up high enough to set an alert on my juice with attitude. Not a good way to start a dyno run.
There was another 6.7 with almost the identical set up that ran a 375 hp. He beat me by 3 hp,,,,, but was running a hot juice and didn't get to hot before he ran. NO FAIR!!!! One guy with twins ran around 650 and another with veggie fuel and water meth etc etc. pulled out a 750 something. He even thought that was pretty high tho.
All in all the guys at B and D racing did a great job even though they usually dyno Mustangs. They were great sports and repeatedly tried to give is way more time than even I felt comfy with. Thanks to them and all who showed up. Sorry I don't have all the numbers. Next time I will make sure to do the book keeping.
Betty.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:05 PM

Betty
Thanks Betty, I wish I could of went today. It really sucks getting sick at a time like this. I really wanted to dyno my truck to see where I'm at before I molest my truck with twins and all the supporting mods.

I woke up with major sinus pressure and start of infection. That was at 5 am, I have some serious meds to kill it, I'm still not 100% but alot better.

How many went to the event?? Which truck is yours?? I recognized moparman's truck and a couple of guys there.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM

Thanks Betty, I wish I could of went today. It really sucks getting sick at a time like this. I really wanted to dyno my truck to see where I'm at before I molest my truck with twins and all the supporting mods.

I woke up with major sinus pressure and start of infection. That was at 5 am, I have some serious meds to kill it, I'm still not 100% but alot better.

How many went to the event?? Which truck is yours?? I recognized moparman's truck and a couple of guys there.
Mine is the White Mega Cab with the signs on the doors. That"s my big boy truck!
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Hi John. Well moparman was in charge and he was going to let everyone post their own numbers, so I don't have them all. I ran 372 after messing around for about 40 minutes trying to figure out where to hook up the RPM pickup on my new 6.7. We finally gave up cause once we found where to hook up, we put it in drive and the tach totally changed again. By that time, I had idled in drive long enough to get my engine temp up high enough to set an alert on my juice with attitude. Not a good way to start a dyno run.
There was another 6.7 with almost the identical set up that ran a 375 hp. He beat me by 3 hp,,,,, but was running a hot juice and didn't get to hot before he ran. NO FAIR!!!! One guy with twins ran around 650 and another with veggie fuel and water meth etc etc. pulled out a 750 something. He even thought that was pretty high tho.
All in all the guys at B and D racing did a great job even though they usually dyno Mustangs. They were great sports and repeatedly tried to give is way more time than even I felt comfy with. Thanks to them and all who showed up. Sorry I don't have all the numbers. Next time I will make sure to do the book keeping.
Betty.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the reply Betty!

Man, it sounds you have your new 6.7 running pretty well! IMO, those are some good numbers. Thanks for posting.

--------
John_P
Old 11-30-2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by John_P
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the reply Betty!

Man, it sounds you have your new 6.7 running pretty well! IMO, those are some good numbers. Thanks for posting.

--------
John_P
Ya it really is an awesome truck. I can't wait for ATS to get some new stuff dialed in for it. Then I think I will be down right dangerous!!!
Betty
Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 AM

Well I messed that one up! I stayed an extra day down in La Quinta thinking the 29th was Sunday. Uhhhhhh WRONG. What a bummer. Anyway it looks like you guys had a good time. Hopefully I can make the next one.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Well sorry not everyone was not able to make it & didnt get the turnout I was hoping for. But I still had a great time as i think everyone else did also. Hear is a vid of my run. On this run I made 430 RWHP & 960 RWTQ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfZaN...eature=related I was hoping for a little better but still had a great time.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:45 PM

It was nice seeing all the different trucks there. We didn't stay to long since I had a 6yr old that was getting bored and our friend was on crutches and needed to get off of them for a bit. Maybe the next meet we'll be able to stay longer and visit.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:58 AM

Sorry you are sick hope you feel better soon and look forward to meeting you at the next event. whenever that is & to all who did make it. Sorry for it being a little un orginized (i'v never really set up anything befor) that is my excuse and im sticking to it lol. But I still had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone that was able to make it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So Cal Dyno Day Nov. 29th