CADTR #21 Forum for the California chapter #21

Anybody in Bay Area with A Smarty for an 01 want to help out..

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody in Bay Area with A Smarty for an 01 want to help out..

Hey guys and gals???,

As the title says, I am looking for a helping hand....Just purchased a new to me 2001 and when I sold my 1999 I had a buddy with a smarty that allowed me to download a program to enable the High Idle feature...then we put it back to stock so it would unlock the VIN and he could load it up on his truck again...

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the same thing...I would like to get the high idle back on the "new" truck...

Thanks

NCA...aka Jake
Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 PM

keep it stock

i have a 2001 as well with 300k . never had a problem until recently. auto trans rebuilt at 289k . trany builder said first he'd seen go over 200k . my advice would be to keep it stock . but a little to late for that.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by trap grease
i have a 2001 as well with 300k . never had a problem until recently. auto trans rebuilt at 289k . trany builder said first he'd seen go over 200k . my advice would be to keep it stock . but a little to late for that.
I hear ya, what I'm asking for will have no impact on the truck....it is just a feature to enable High Idle, to prevent cyl wash. I sometimes idle for long periods of time and it isnt (sometimes) the best thing for an engine to allow it to idle w/o a load on the motor.

NCA
Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I made an offer to NCA (Jake) for the Smarty software update. Anyone else in or around Sacramento, CA is more than welcome to do the same! I keep the software load up to date from Mads website, so all of the latest features that are on the factory load will be there.
Jake, do you have something to adjust your speedo? Kinda pricey, but the Smarty works great for codes, speedo and it is the only way I have found to keep using my cruise control (running empty with level1 timing only). Also, it has given me the best mpg returns after 6 months of commute testing (until I got my mid-life commuter Subaru WRX!)