Big Rigs Talk about other Cummins powered vehicles here. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even have to be Cummins, but it will be diesel! :)

ISC into 02 Kenworth T 300

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ISC into 02 Kenworth T 300

Ok guys here is My problem. I have a 02 T300 service truck it has a 3126 Cat that is really on it's last legs. I have a ISC Cummins with the entire wiring harness and the ECM. I am wanting to put the ISC into the Kenworth, so far I have had two problems. One the oil pan would not clear the front axle. I solved this problem with a differnt oil pan. Finding a oil pick up for it was a nightmare. And that brings Me to My second problem. The Cummins dealer here and the Kenworth dealer are no help in trying to find parts that work. Even though in 2002 Kenworth put this engine in some T300's without a serial number or a vin number for a truck that had a ISC in it. They cannot tell me what parts I need to do this. And that brings up the last problem I'm facing. Once I get this figured out then I can finely get this engine swapped. That is the exhaust manifold. The manifold on the engine I have is a two piece with the turbo mounting flange pointing up in the center. It put's the turbo to high and it won't fit under the air cleaner. I cannot just turn it upside down as the turbo would then hit the oil filter and oil cooler. What I need is a exhaust manifold that points straight out or down at a angle and slightly back from center. I don't have anyway to find this manifold if they even made one like it. I do know the manifold from a older 8.3L won't work even though it has the right shape. The flange for the turbo is too big. So if anyone knows how to find the right manifold please let me know. I may have to build one from scratch. I know that has been done before with smaller Cummins engines. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Bill
Old 06-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunately all class 6-8 truck manufacturers have gone to vin specific for parts. They needed to dumb down the system and make it more accurate.

Your best chance would be to locate the same truck and see if you can use that vin to acquire part #'s. It is very frustrating for sure.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:26 AM

Yes I know about the VIN specific. I was hoping to find someone that has one of these trucks with a ISC in it that year that could loan me their vin for a hour or so. LOL Thanks Bill
Old 03-14-2024, 09:00 AM

Hey! Iron Pony is trying to put a new ISC Cummins engine into their 02 Kenworth T300 truck because the old engine is worn out. They fixed a problem with the oil pan but now can't find the right exhaust manifold. The one they have doesn't fit because it makes the turbo too high and it hits the air cleaner. The dealers can't help without a truck serial number. Iron Pony might have to make a new manifold themselves, which sounds really hard! If anyone knows where to find one that fits, it would be super helpful. Thanks!