Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   AZDTR #20 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/azdtr-20-126/)
-   -   Hail in Phoenix today (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/azdtr-20-126/hail-phoenix-today-278440/)

BroncoAZ 10-05-2010 07:40 PM

Hail in Phoenix today

I was in north Scottsdale/Phoenix this afternoon, unfortunately my truck took some hail damade on the hood, rood, passenger fender/door/body

1-5-3-6-2-4 10-05-2010 10:18 PM

my brothers tahoe was totalled in a phoenix hail storm earlier this year. it was brutal.

SOOT4BRAINS 10-05-2010 10:38 PM

I was out west all day for work and the truck sat at home in Mesa. Neighbor said it was hailing nickel sized paint chippers earlier here at home so I have to go check it out tomorrow when its light........ I need a garage for this truck......

6.6lEater 10-05-2010 10:46 PM

Hope it didnt hurt your truck soot. Man that thing is nice! My mom got caught in it today in her Nissan. It broke her pass side mirror and dented the crap out of her truck. She was on 27th and McDowell when it hit. Derek.

BroncoAZ 10-06-2010 12:09 AM

I called my insurance company (USAA) on the way home from work. They said the'll be sending out an adjuster to check it out later this week. The damage on mine isn't terrible, but it will drive me nuts if it doesn't get fixed.

I saw a few cars come into the dealership I was working at that were driving when the storm hit. One of the dealer loaner cars looked like it was attacked with ball peen hammers. There were major dents on every horizontal surface.

Some of the hailstones were golf ball sized, most were quarter sized.

SOOT4BRAINS 10-07-2010 11:21 PM

Truck looks ok I think. Its so dirty its hard to tell. Need to wash it up and look it over. No obvious damage. I got lucky I guess. The metal on the older vehicle seems to take hail better. My moms pt cruiser has a little damage on the roof and it was 30 feet away from the truck.

BroncoAZ 10-07-2010 11:34 PM

The damage on mine is worse than I first thought. The roof has ~45 hits, hood ~25, Pass fender ~8, pass door ~15, pass bedside ~15. The insurance guy came back telling me all of the dents could be fixed with paintless dent repair (PDR) and cut me a check for $1100 minus my deductable. I told him I'll get a real estimate and get back to him. [dummy] I don't know that the hood is worth fixing with PDR vs replacement. The roof has a lot of damage and may wrinkle when they do that much PDR. I think the dynamat in the door isn't going to help the PDR there.

BroncoAZ 01-01-2011 12:14 PM

Well, I dropped it off at the body shop the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and got it back yesterday. 34 days in the body shop for the hail. One week was waiting for the supplemental from the insurance company, one week of sitting there, 1.5 days of PDR, another week of sitting there, me inspecting it and finding spots they missed causing them to keep it again for some more PDR and repainting the hood. It's done and looks great. The total bill was just over $3500.