Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   AZDTR #20 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/azdtr-20-126/)
-   -   Dyno at Mynes? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/azdtr-20-126/dyno-mynes-186830/)

kwilkinson 01-12-2008 01:59 PM

Dyno at Mynes?

Well I brought this up with some guys on the TDR, and would like to set up a dyno day, possibly at Mynes again. I know you guys did it in July last year, and maybe we can do it a little earlier again to try and beat the heat. Anyone interested? I was thinking of calling them on Monday to see if they had anything available next month or in march. I have a bunch of people up here in northern az that would come down, probably 10-15 or so trucks.

Ken in AZ 01-12-2008 03:49 PM

I would be very interested!!!!

Megacab07 01-13-2008 01:05 AM

I am down with that. I didnt have a chance to get mine on the rollers last time.

Not to hijack but does anyone like to go shoting on here. I am looking for some shoting buddies

whereswaldo250 01-13-2008 10:56 PM

I am in for mynes again, Had a awesome time last year and would love to dyno my truck (stock) to see how much power my truck is not making[laugh]:(

Rob C 01-14-2008 11:22 AM

I will dance again, mine put up crappy numbers last time with the beta 4.4, so I want to try a different tune.

SMOKE' EM 01-14-2008 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by whereswaldo250 (Post 1889320)
I am in for mynes again, Had a awesome time last year and would love to dyno my truck (stock) to see how much power my truck is not making[laugh]:(

ben we need to turn that pump up for u,

im in for another meet i can bring 3 or 4 cummins truck along with me also

kwilkinson 01-14-2008 09:30 PM

Well I dropped them an e-mail but havent got one back yet... I will call tomorrow and see what they have to say and I'll let ya'll know. I've got 6 trucks that will go from here so far. One is a pretty nasty dmax so I want someone to come that'll throw some big numbers to shut this guy up... big as in 600-700 [guitar]

kwilkinson 01-16-2008 08:39 PM

Well I talked to Mike and Mynes Performance in Mesa, and they would be happy to host another dyno day for us. They want a more specific date, but anything in february or march looks promising. It'll be $60 for 3 pulls, 10am to 6pm. They say they have plenty of parking so that wont be an issue. Maybe we can get some people to bring some bbqs and kind of do a bring what you want cooked...

Anyone have any specific dates to shoot for?

kwilkinson 01-18-2008 10:50 AM

Well since noone is suggesting a date, how about feb. 16th?

ArizonaCowgirl 01-18-2008 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by kwilkinson (Post 1897369)
Well since noone is suggesting a date, how about feb. 16th?

That sounds like a good day :)

Ken in AZ 01-21-2008 01:46 AM

I'm in! hope to make over 450hp but will probably be less

Rob C 01-21-2008 10:34 AM

i can do the 16th

SMOKE' EM 01-23-2008 03:10 PM

if we do mynes can we do some stuff differently, like have them print out the dyno sheets for us and also lower the rpms on the dyno and make them start earlier, i dont think we need to see what the torque is above 5000 rpm

Rob C 01-23-2008 04:09 PM

I would like to see us use a different dyno, and I know a couple others would like to see the same thing. From what I understand, a mustang dyno is not the right one to be using for our trucks.

Eradan 01-27-2008 10:35 AM

Rob,

The problem is you can't compare your previous runs to another dyno.

It's been debated and the consensus is to pull your best numbers you want to run on a loaded dyno, there are only a few in the valley, and the other is Chucks Speed and Marine, and avoid their dyno at ALL COSTS! They run absolutely the worst dyno in the state for diesels (probably the country!).

I'd love to run on Pro-Dyno's dyno just to see the comparison's, but his dyno isn't a loaded dyno ... you won't build enough boost.

We learned ALLOT from the previous event, but the biggest thing we learned is that running our trucks vs running evo's is different. Each truck has to be run completely differently. Whoever ends up running these trucks give me a call i spent 3 hrs on the phone w/ a mustang owner back east who's run our trucks quite a few times and picked up quite a few pointers on both setup and while on the rollers.

Hopefully i'll have a few minutes to show up to this one. Good luck and have fun! This is the perfect time of year for this kind of thing.