Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   AKDTR #12 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/akdtr-12-124/)
-   -   days at akraceway park (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/akdtr-12-124/days-akraceway-park-195765/)

aksparkey01 03-07-2008 05:17 PM

days at akraceway park

Is threre any sort of diesel days, or truck weekend at alaska raceway park this year. It would be awsome to get something going up here.

AK RAM 04-01-2008 08:20 PM

There use to be 2 or 3 diesel truck nights every year. I just checked the 2008 schedule and didn't see any listed. Northern Diesel Performance use to sponsor them. I guess it got too expensive for them (mom and pop shop). The schedule is here: http://www.akracewaypark.com/2008schedule.html

aksparkey01 04-16-2008 12:05 AM

yea thats what i thought. i looked at the schedule and didn't see it either. Is there a certian time when a guy can run a 1/4. I gota row gears but im still curious what i can run. I've also been looking for a dyno and havent been able to find a spot to do that either.

AK RAM 04-16-2008 05:04 AM

Every day the schedule says "test and tune" will be guys out practicing all evening. You can run back to back as many times as you want. There is almost never a line unless the ricer crowd gets together and comes out. Other than that, they do test and tune every day they are open for a race, but the race takes precedence. You can only run for a couple of hours before the race starts, then in between heats. You spend a lot of time sitting in line waiting.

JR2 04-17-2008 05:42 AM

Hey Guys Northern Diesel Truck races are still going on... they are now on Saturdays with all the regular races. Jim says this is the last year unless we get lots of participation...

snoyes 04-18-2008 11:23 PM

If you get the shot go out and support Jim. He has been a good guy in the diesel world up there in Alaska and he is setting this year's drags in Memory of his father. Wish I was still up there....

snoyes 04-18-2008 11:27 PM

Last year it was there was only 4-5 trucks that ran for the 2 times I went. I got the chance to run both my stroker and the cummins, and had a great time. Test and tune is the opportunity to set up some of those grudge matches prior to the bracket racing...

aksparkey01 04-18-2008 11:50 PM

I would like to make it up at least a couple times this summer. Im down on the peninsula, so i would be sol if i blew it up at the track in palmer.

snoyes 04-19-2008 07:53 AM

Yep that is quite the drive, but probably one of the most scenic around. i would tell you to take it easy so you don't get stranded, but I know once there everybody wants to push it hard. Rowing the gears is alot of work, especially if you are bracket racing. However, last year we had 1 of the old handshakers win the bracket race... 2 times.

Cole_56 05-12-2008 01:12 AM

Hey guys im always talkin to jim and i got the schedule for this year

may 24 anchorage chrysler dodge king of the street and money bracket& northern diesel performance race

June21 summer solstice xtreme 3/ valley rv points & northern diesel performance

July 5 Valley RV king of the street & money braket & norhtern diesel performance

August 30 IHRA iron man race and champions, king of the street & northern diesel performance

This is a big year Jim is doing this in memory of his dad he was and awsome guy would never tell some no.

Both of them have helped me out alot I just got out of highschool and they help me when i can't figure out how to do something its a great loss
To JIM everyone show up it will mean alot to Jim

Tyler

snoyes 05-15-2008 12:15 AM

Wish I could go, but alas the life of the military has me moved to Illinois. If you get the chance say Hi to Jim and Kevin...

Shane

Moose10 02-07-2009 12:14 AM

Well it probably won't happen this year (09), but next year for sure I'll be there at least a couple times, and with the intention of bringing together the diesel crew of AK.
I still have my AK Raceway sticker on the back window after being in this hole for the past four years....[coffee]
Let's pull some s*** down the track guys!!!