Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   Where did everyone go? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/where-did-everyone-go-315705/)

Swamp_Donkey 12-13-2013 09:29 AM

Where did everyone go?

It's been extremely slow in here. Did all you regulars move to a different forum? Or is the days of hot ridding diesels dead because it is getting difficult to buy performance programmers etc? Just curious. I am crazy busy, and don't get on here very much anyways. Maybe everyone has that problem! And 526,000 kms and no problems to whine and complain about I guess........[laugh]

ccmckee 12-13-2013 02:08 PM

I know i'm pretty busy and the truck is running great. Just had to repalce the brake pads on all four corners the other night, got 253,000 km's out of the first set.

DWeiler 12-13-2013 03:58 PM

Life is busy with a new pooch(dog school 2 times a week),not to much to say but i still have a read/looky every second day or so.We were going to wait until spring to get a male lab puppy but 5 weeks ago i drove 1800+Km in 30 hours--(Calgary to just out side of Dawson Creek BC)to fetch me a female Bloodhound dog.I had first pick of the 8 pups so i decide on a female.Wrigley our American Bulldog had to be put down due to throat cancer in July(rest in peace big fella and have fun chasin the squirrels). The house was real quiet the last few months so it is never a dull moment now with a 3 1/2 month 32 pound puppy with a nose to the ground------dad was 150 pounds and the mama was 80ish so she should run in the mid 110-120lbs.Gotta go---walk time[roll][roll][roll] DW ---CHEERS.

Mike Holmen 12-13-2013 07:10 PM

Swampy, I was thinking about calling ya buddy. Been in northern BC most of November. Been to fort nelson twice, st john once and chetwan. I'm in Chilliwack currently. Might have a trip back to fort nelson before christmas. This all been in a month time frame. I did around 10000km's last month and around 1000 litres[duhhh], my fuel card is still smoken hot.[laugh] Sure glad that roads have been in decent shape, heard that PG is being blasted hard with snow.

Been drivin around the new 2010 as the old 02 is still broken, just haven't had money to piece her back together.

Going to see Harry tomorrow[laugh] and make him buy me a beer.

My 10 has 120000km's and is my daily ride these days. The 02 has 350000km's with a broken transmission and hasn't made a mile in six months. Probably put 60000km's on the new truck in six months. I was originally worried about these new trucks, but I actually starting to warm-up to the new stuff.[laugh][duhhh]

Cheers guys, and merry christmas dudes[coffee] [laugh]

Mike L 12-14-2013 08:17 PM

Momma and I are in Earp, S California in order to escape the nasty Alberta weather. We had been wintering in Osoyoos for the previous three years and decided to do some travelling this winter to take in some different activities and what have you. We RV year round so home is wherever we throw out the anchor. We had to put a new trans in the Beast just before we left and the fellas at EXCEL Transmissions in Red Deer did the R&R. The boss man, Mel, built it strong with a new billet TC, shift kit, and other goodies to help it live better The RAM pulled our 11,000lb RV without any drama and delivered an average of 13.75 MPG during the 1,700 mile pull down here.

I check in to the forums on a daily basis and had noticed as well how slow things seemed to be in the various topics.

Cheers everyone! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Mike and Carol (and Kenzie, the wonder dog - our **** 'n Dash)

Tallguy67 12-14-2013 09:38 PM

Hey Alberta DTR folks, it isn't just this from that has gotten quiet, the whole board has been quiet for the last 6 or 9 months. Ever since IB took over, the ad stuff has been making the site REALLY slow to load. The old admins know but there is nothing they can do and it is out of their hands :( I check the 24v sections and I hang around the social area (breakroom in Other section) but traffic has gone way down lately.

2006BLKMegacab 12-15-2013 09:15 PM

I Hear ya, winter makes me busy, I still snoop around on here and throw in my .02 every once in a while...

Mike if your up in fort nelson do you do any work for/with the Nexen guys? my cousin is their environmental guy up there

JHansen 12-17-2013 10:46 PM

I poke my head in here when I remember to....[redface] which is only about every 3 months or so...:( . My '01 is virtually dead now-I have to make up my mind whether I'm going to rebuild/upgrade it (anyone got a dually 80 with discs out of a box truck kicking around?) or cut my losses and buy something newer or at least less worn out to pull my holiday trailer. Last trip of the year had to be made with Dad's old '98 3500 when mine ate its steady bearing-down on power, but the dual wheels make for way more stability, and the next fifth I buy will have that much more pin weight. I've kicked tires on a few 3rd gens in the last few months, but have either let them go for various reasons or missed them due to weather/work commitments. A 3G Laramie QC dually with a stick for a reasonable price is apparently harder to find than one would think.... [duhhh]

Jason

Mike Holmen 12-18-2013 08:02 PM

2006BLKMegacab, I been working for Spectra a bunch as of late. If I'm in the area I would mind meeting with your brother. Still waiting to head up north, I'm hoping that it happens after new years to be honest.[laugh]

Jhansen, Tate or Brett would be the best guys to find a dana 80 rear axle. I know between the two of them they have scraped a few duallies trucks in the last four months.

Been drivin the 4th gen a bunch as of late, really like the new truck. Works pretty decent in the snow and towing stuff. Hard to go wrong with a new truck, but then the monthly mortgage payment isn't that cool.[laugh]

The new stuff just don't get fuel mileage like the older stuff. You really get to figure that out pretty fast when fuel prices are around $1.40per litre of diesel.[dummy]

cLAYH 12-21-2013 01:51 PM

I still poke my head in here every other week or so. Had a baby boy last June and have been renovating our basement into a basment suite so thats kept us busy, still working at the CNRL site in Fort Mac.
Snow has been insane lately, have been snow blowing the driveway 2-3 times a week latley. Either it snow or it blows and drifts right in.
Sold the Redneck Toyhauler last fall so the dually is probably going to go soon. Planning to trade it up for a Mega cab for the growing family. JHansen you should pm me if interested. Probably just what you're looking for but its hi KM, 310,000kms.
Anyway look forward to reading what projects you guys will be taking on in the new year. Have a good Christmas.

pistazie 12-22-2013 08:13 AM

I'm still kicking around too. Working way too much and doing house renos. Merry Christmas everyone .

Sent from my iPhone

Mike Holmen 12-22-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by pistazie (Post 3217160)
I'm still kicking around too. Working way too much and doing house renos. Merry Christmas everyone .

Sent from my iPhone

Merry Christmas Daniella. I saw that you posted on ABdiesels that you were in Calgary for a quick trip. If I wasn't so busy I would have responded, would have been great to see ya and do some truck chattin.

Hopefully you get el minto (aka el melto[laugh]) running again. I enjoyed your twins build-up thread on comp D[coffee]

Cheers everyone and merry christmas.[guitar]

pistazie 12-22-2013 04:05 PM

It was kinda last minute, actually to sell my rebuilt transmission . It woulda been great to see you too. We swung by Tate's place but he must still be working . I'll post more pics when I get everything back from Impact. Merry Christmas !

Sent from my iPhone

NoSparkplugs 12-24-2013 01:39 PM

I check on here every now and then but like others have said, its pretty quiet in here. I've just been working my butt off and paying the 2012 down (so close to owning it all!). Honestly though, I think the diesel hotrodding days are coming to a close, or slowing down a lot. Its pretty hard to walk into any shop and buy any performance goodies cuz the EPA put their foot down. In all reality I wish I would've kept my 04' and played with it more. These new trucks are no fun to play with cuz they have electronics everywhere and are super expensive to fix if you do have too much fun. I don't know about you guys but dropping 6k+ on a transmission isn't too appealing to me.

075point9 01-15-2014 05:15 PM

I was never a regular on here but it's been a while even for me. Sold my 94 a while back and don't really have the guts to mess with my 07 right now. Hopefully in spring I can get down to Red Deer and have Armour Inc tear into my transmission. Trucks pretty much sitting all winter as I'm in a logging camp far from home.
I would order some goodies for it now but it seems I've been talked into buying a snowmobile. Too many hobbies.