Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   weirdest thing I have ever seen (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/weirdest-thing-i-have-ever-seen-238875/)

morkable 03-31-2009 10:47 PM

weirdest thing I have ever seen

Ok , here goes, I went out to the garage to work on my truck tonight, and what do I see, but transmission fluid all over the floor. Now remember this truck has not ran since august, dosent have a head on it, and I havent even touched the tranny. The closest I have come to touching the tranny is using some brake cleaner on the tranny lines by the tranny cooler, just to get some oil off of them.... any ideas as to why this might have happened?

Kevin

worldindustries 03-31-2009 10:51 PM

No Idea, perhaps the case was cracked with a ice plug in it and it thawed out and leaked?
or if the tranny lines have rubber seals or made of rubber the brake fluid ate through them? Let us know when u find out....

Dr. Evil 03-31-2009 10:53 PM

You just have to look at that truck and you BREAK IT....[coffee] [laugh]

dodgediesel 03-31-2009 10:57 PM

I think your entire truck is broken and you should give it to me to fix???[laugh][laugh][laugh]

morkable 03-31-2009 11:08 PM

LOL, thanks Jamie,,, no no ice, been inside all winter,, and it wasnt brake fluid, but brake clean, which as far as I know isnt bad for rubber,, but I never even sprayed that where it is leaking

Diesel Dave2 03-31-2009 11:25 PM

Seals and gaskets shrunk...Ever car I have has doing the same thing....Just being parked for long periods....I rebuilt my Super T-10 on the bird.Never ran the car at all...After two and a half years,oil is seeping through the gaskets.Same with the Merc...Leaks oil all winter and bad.Once I run it in summer no oil leaks...The same for the 56 Chev...All transmission leaks

morkable 03-31-2009 11:36 PM

but wouldnt it leak slowly if it was to do that? That is what is bugging me about this, It was bone dry till today

Diesel Dave2 03-31-2009 11:40 PM

Good point Kevin...Mine would start after a month,then flood the floor with oil..I guess the only thing to do is wash the tranny down and find out what let loose..

morkable 04-01-2009 12:00 AM

yeah will do that when I get back from e town

Swamp_Donkey 04-01-2009 02:10 AM

NADP? [tapdshut] Stir stir. [coffee]

Tate 04-01-2009 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp_Donkey (Post 2438376)
NADP? [tapdshut] Stir stir. [coffee]

Queue the Beastie Boys

"I'm telling y'all its sabotage"

Mike Holmen 04-01-2009 08:21 AM

Did you pull off the drive shafts? Is the oil at the front of the truck or from the rear? You sure that its from the tranny? Lots of stuff uses ATF fluid on the truck a.k.a transfer case, power steering box. Might have bumped off and/or broke a line somewhere. Crawl under the truck and look. If you use a creeper, you can scoot over the oil with out getting covered. Sometimes a little oil looks like alot. I have a oil drip out from turbo drain. Its only a few drips, but its enough to bug me. My oil hasn't left the full mark, yet, so its not that bad of leak.

morkable 04-01-2009 08:31 AM

This is "alot" of oil, many quarts, big stream from directly under the tranny... Driveshafts havent been touched. And is definately from the tranny... when I get back I am going to crawl underneath and see exactly what oriface that it is coming out of