ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Stolen!!!!! 2001 2500

Old 12-12-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen!!!!! 2001 2500

Woke up this morning and my truck is gone.... stolen car sitting across the street still running.

police on there way.
Please report it if you see it. thank you.

Name:  adsize3.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  124.2 KB

Name:  adsize2.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  Adsize.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  96.7 KB
Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG....Just sicking...I hope they find it and soon...Dam those theives..

A fellow from Fort Mac called me yesterday regarding selling some rims I have..He had 6 brand new rims and tires for his dually sitting in his box...He stopped of for lunch and came out and all 6 rims and tires got stolen.....

What area in Calgary?? Just in case it's close to me...I could keep a eye out..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in the nw by crowfoot crossing. last 4 digits of plate are - 8471

If I get my hands on the thieves..........cant say anymore.

Also The car that is sitting here was stolen from braeside in the sw on tuesday. police pulled car over this am about six.

when officer got out to go up to the vehicle it sped away and came here.

It was pulled over in forest lawn area.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by knownonscents
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also The car that is sitting here was stolen from braeside in the sw on tuesday. police pulled car over this am about six.

I know how you feel...I also have been a victim of crime..I had to destroy my back yard,just because of attended thief of my truck.Had to make a back yard pad behind a lock gate..

Good that you gave me the plate number...I will write it down and take it with me while I'm driving around..
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 PM

Thanks Dave. Im gonna go for what is going to be a pointless drive through the ghetto, but I have too. If these guys where driving that stolen car from Breaside in forest lawn theres a good chance they will be back there. I hope.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lot's of stolen vehicles get abandoned on the dirt roads along 22x east of the city. That is my daily commute - I will keep my eyes open.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are going out looking - check c-train parking lots too!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Any news??
Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM

You guys won't believe this...... I found my truck!!!!!!!

I went for that drive through forest lawn..... sure enough. The weirdest thing, I just trusted my gut and near drove straight to it. When I turned the corner and saw it sitting there with the tailgate down, it almost didnt seem real. I called the police and waited for the officer to show.

They wrecked my door lock and ignition. Stole minor items (that I remember were in there) I think bagged it a bit tranny is feeling a little different

I guess considering I had my truck stolen this morning..... it was a good day???????

Thanks for the support guys. um wow............ I ......Im done. good night, man I hope its in the driveway tomorrow.

oh yeah, anythoughts a good way to deal with ignition problems, security, Door lock issues.... ha feel free to shoot some advice as I will now be dealing wioth all this stuff asap

Last edited by John_P; 12-12-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Profane Language
Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow, what a story.. Glad to hear you got it back. Darn dorks in Forest Lawn..

Make sure to check out every inch of it for any damage or issues.

I'm sensitive to this topic as my high school hot rod ('70 Chevy 2wd 1/2 ton) got stolen in my last year of high school.
Our northern B.C. town had the highest per capita stolen vehicle rate in Canada for many years due to several large native reservations nearby.
Unfortunately, nearly all the vehicles stolen, including my truck, were burnt to the ground when abandoned. F'in thieves..

Back on topic, the nest step is prevent it getting stolen again.
I would install some kind of kill switch hidden under the dash.
Then you need something visual, flashing LED's, or even a steering wheel lock of some kind.
I still have an old school bright red steering wheel lock that I use whenever we leave our vehicle overnite somewhere.. Camping, ski w/end, airport, where ever.
A steering wheel lock will only slow someone down, but more importantly hopefully they will find an easier mark.

The RFID/Chip keys on newer vehicles have made a big difference but it turns out an insider can easily clone an RFID key with some simple technology that locksmiths use.

Last edited by John_P; 12-12-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Profane Language
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM

Good to hear you found it...What a heck of a day you must of had...
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 PM

Joe what northern BC town was that? I think I had asked this question one other time
Old 12-12-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by knownonscents

Great, there trolling my area(NW)---glad you have your ride back.Seems to me a few year ago i read about punks in the states joyriding and then torching vehicle(some were only taken for a few hours but burned). With the countless hours and effort we put into our rides it wound not take much to beat the living heck out of these "SOB" if you caught one,take your anger out on him/her."Honest officer he took a swing at me".Good luck with the repairs.DW
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 PM

Steering wheel club is useless, they just cut the steering wheel in seconds & throw the club out the window. Seen it first hand. Need to have off switch for the starter, off switch for the fuel pumps, supply & injection. Ball valve on the fuel line suppling the engine. Programmer like Smarty has 1/2 power mode. Take away ecm power/ground also. Micro line lock on the brake system. It locks the brakes on, tires will only skid. There is alot theft in BC where we going sledding. Thiefs drive truck & trailer in 53ft van body & away they go, never to be seen again. I have worked to hard for some low life to take my stuff, insurance nevers get back blood, sweet & tears back. Sorry to hear about your truck, but good deal on getting it back.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by morkable
Joe what northern BC town was that? I think I had asked this question one other time

Williams Lake, B.C. About 4 1/2 hours northwest of Kamloops.

Originally Posted by han solo
Steering wheel club is useless, they just cut the steering wheel in seconds & throw the club out the window. Seen it first hand. Need to have off switch for the starter, off switch for the fuel pumps, supply & injection. Ball valve on the fuel line suppling the engine. Programmer like Smarty has 1/2 power mode. Take away ecm power/ground also. Micro line lock on the brake system. It locks the brakes on, tires will only skid. There is alot theft in BC where we going sledding. Thiefs drive truck & trailer in 53ft van body & away they go, never to be seen again. I have worked to hard for some low life to take my stuff, insurance nevers get back blood, sweet & tears back. Sorry to hear about your truck, but good deal on getting it back.

While some kind of kill switch or immobolizer is necessary, IMO, you need something that is visual. Flashing LED's, or a bright red club, etc.
Something visual to work as a deterrent.

I agree that small bolt cutters will cut a steering wheel in seconds, I'm hoping that the dork will see the club and then move on to a vehicle without a club.

As for a roll back or a 53 foot enclosed trailer with a winch, I keep hoping satellite/Lojack type tracking security becomes more common and affordable.
Or always hide your smart phone in the vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stolen!!!!! 2001 2500