Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   Seems quiet here. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/seems-quiet-here-322168/)

06RED-BARON 06-08-2015 08:46 AM

Seems quiet here.

I know it's been awhile since i have posted here, figured id come in and see what's up. Im in Russia working now, been for 3 years now and have not had alot of time while at home to sit on comp. I bought a 08 3500 awhile back and now im catching the bug to do more mods again. Anyway just wanted to say hi and see how people are doing... :cheers:

075point9 06-08-2015 10:37 AM

Wow, may I ask what line of work you're in over there?

For myself, my longsuffering 48re is finally on it's way out so I'm looking at rebuild options.

06RED-BARON 06-08-2015 11:35 AM

Im a Rig Manager for Nabors Drilling International, I was with Nabors in Alberta before hand also.
I know the feeling, My 06 had numerous issues and i finally bought a goerand Trans to fix that issue. Only to roll the truck 6 or so months later, complete write off haha. Tough luck eh!.

075point9 06-08-2015 12:06 PM

Ok right on. Must be interesting to spend time in another part of the world.

I've called both Mel at Excell and Armor Inc. and they are giving me the same price for a build with a billet input shaft and triple disk converter. I'm leaning towards Excell I think...

Mike L 06-08-2015 07:32 PM

I can only speak to the work by Mel and his crew at EXCELL. Rebuilt my 47RE 2 years ago and still running strong after towing our 11,000lb RV for many, many miles since the rebuild. What is Mel quoting you for a price if I may ask?

Mike

DWeiler 06-08-2015 10:10 PM

I have been checking in about once a week,reading,just not much to say i guess.The 07 is coming up on 7-(5.9 DRW) years ownership now with 105000 miles on her----been a great truck.Plenty of offers to ask if it is for sale but i still really like it as my daily driver and i am probably done with the diesels once i get the new truck itch.(no need for one). It is way over kill to just drive it as i sold the RV fiver last year and did a complete tear down of my RV lot to fit a Woodland Park model into my place at the north end of Gull Lake AB.It took almost a year to get back to where i was before, but now that the work is done i can enjoy my place year round now.The 01 in my sig still sits in the garage for some weekend runs but not much lately----just hit 45000 original miles on that one.Cheers and good luck to all---DW

06RED-BARON 06-08-2015 10:57 PM

Dweiler- Sounds like you have been busy, Yeah i hear ya about not really needing it if your not pulling. I am only home 6 moths a year now and usually only enough to pull the trailer once or twice if im lucky. But i cant see myself not having one, Tomorrow i could come back to work in Alberta as we all know the patch is tricky that way, even international there is the unknown.
075point9- What brand of trans, or package you looking at ? I am also thinking of beefing up my 68rfe, i was looking at the DTT packages or full trans. Just dont know where to go yet. Red Deer is a bit far for me as iam in Lethbridge.

:cheers: Chad.

075point9 06-09-2015 11:44 AM

The price I got was about $6500-$6800. That's with a triple disk TC and billet input. Plus I asked for a flex plate which will be $685 on top of that. More than I thought it would be but that will have to be ok.
I asked what brand the TC was and he said PCI I believe. I guess he sources parts from various places.
Now I'm debating picking up a turbo while I'm down there (it's about an 8 hour drive to Red Deer for me so I might as well go for it while I'm there). Anybody got an opinion? I was thinking a Cheetah but now maybe I want something like a II 62 mm with a little more top end.
I've got till Friday to decide

06RED-BARON 06-10-2015 07:41 AM

Im guessing that's for a Goerand? That is around what i paid for mine in my 06. As for turbo's I don't know enough to advise you on anything. I ran an Aurora 3000 in my 06, it did me well for the year or so i had it.

075point9 06-10-2015 10:51 AM

It's not Goerend, I don't really know what brand to call it because I don't know where he gets all his parts.
I'm pretty much decided on an Aurora 3000 for the quicker spool and for towing. Would consider a 4000 if somebody could convince me that I wouldn't lift my head and that it would spool quick enough not to be a pain...

06RED-BARON 06-11-2015 12:05 AM

My bad i assumed you were going to Armour. Yeah i had nothing but good luck with that turbo, towing, highway and response was quick no matter what i was doing. Kept my temps low also. I had no fuel mods either, just a trans and CAI installed. Personally i would do studs if i was going to the 4000, piece of mind anyway.

075point9 06-11-2015 09:16 AM

Yeah if I get something as big as the 4000 I'll have to get studs at some point. Leaving for Red Deer this morning, can't wait!

06RED-BARON 06-11-2015 01:09 PM

Good luck safe travels, let me know how you make out.. I might have to head there for the same reason eventually.

075point9 06-12-2015 07:09 PM

Excell got my truck squared away ahead of schedule so I'm on my way home already. Tranny feels really good, now to get my tuning figured out and start saving for a turbo

06RED-BARON 06-13-2015 12:12 AM

Wow :peel: That is awesome!! That was a quick job eh.. What tuning you running now if any ? Glad all went well.. I have been in contact with Anarchy EFI and i think after my hitch at home ill be sending my TCM to him to get flashed and help with my Shuddering OD issue on my Trans. I just ordered a CSP5 switch for my EFI Autocal. Cant wait to load it up.