ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Next GTG???

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 PM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it started. I was playing around today, I thought about trying to bleed down the injector lines to see if there was any fuel. I out fuel out of #1. I then did the #3 and #4 injector. Wham, it start right up. Its a drama queen ride thats for sure. I don't know what to do next. I'll put some miles on her on the up coming weekend. This tank of fuel has sure lasted a long time. I'm thinking that the VP is flakey. I did clean the engine grounds and made sure that the connector was tight. The truck sounded good today.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 PM

i maybe able to make another,depends on the work schedule....I was messing around with my BD short shifter today,been weeping at the top of the shifter all summer long so i had a bit of time today to dismantle everything and have a look-see,cleaned everything up and resealed,hope it holds now.Been working on a sweet deal on my BD twins with Kevin at DPS,so far he will give me the best price anywhere----But being the Dumba$$ that i am i have decided to wait till spring.Just still on the fence, if i even now want to do the twins ---more worried about opening up a can of worms(head gasket---ARP's 625 are right beside the computer here,will install soon) or just "leave well enough alone"---trucks running sweet as is.Maybe one of the members can boot me in the a$$ and knock me off the fence to the twin side.Till we meet/chat again.LATER---DW
Old 11-11-2008, 11:39 PM

I'd be in for a BS session if it fits into my work schedule as well. Mike, do you think you could duplicate the problem again? I could probably arrange to come over and bring my DRB if you figure it would die again with me onboard. The next blast of tools that I'm waiting for now includes a VP44 hotbox so that might help with diagnostics of it as well.

Jason
Old 11-12-2008, 08:20 AM
The Guru

Sure buddy, sounds good. Bring a tow rope as well. Just in case. I've done code scans and there are no codes. No codes and the truck wont run, figure that one out. My ecm is working as the smarty communicator is talking to the ecm. The dash gauges work. Can you clear airbag system codes as well? I have an airbag light on, so something faulty with the airbag system. We had a good gathering this weekend at my garage, but we mostly worked on kicking the tires and the beer drinking.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM

I personally am pretty much hooped till the new year. And even then it would be the chevy,, the old dodge is going through some major changes and I doubt it will be done much before spring

Kevin
Old 11-12-2008, 06:24 PM

I can do anything the dealership guys can-except maybe overcharge.... So the airbag deal shouldn't be an issue. I think I have the '01 body diagnostic manual around here somewhere-I'll have to look. You would think it would set a code if it wouldn't run. Pretty sure with some tools and literature, we can figure it out. Not sure what's going on these days off-I'll see if I can break loose and come over that way-if you're going to be around.

Jason
Old 11-12-2008, 06:31 PM
The Guru

You want to go for a ride buddy? It might be fun. I still have a few tows left on my AMA membership for the year. I could come out and visit as well. I have nothing on the go right now, which is nice for once.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:15 PM

I'd be in for something, I might have to reintroduce myself... seems to me the last event I was at Von trapp strapped his big garbage truck on the dyno

Jason
Old 11-12-2008, 07:16 PM

Mike, is it possible you air locked teh VP? You're still running the M6's, right? Luke had an issue with that when he was running those big DDP's you had.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:44 PM

I could vapor \lock the engine on demand with those DDPs. thats what happend to me a the Edmonton GTG \last fall. when i dissapeard for a couple hours. I toasted the batteries too getting it going.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
The Guru

How did you fix the problem Luke or did you? You guys could be onto something. I could pick-up a vented cap and see what happens. This is the first time this has happened to me. I'm looking into a new tank pick-up system as the roll-over valve is habit of sticking closed. A few of my tank/axle vents got sealed up from the last head gasket outting. You have to drop the tank and my tank is half full to get at the roll over valve.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 PM

I never did fix it.....

I'll bet it cacked out on you shortly after you romped on it once or twice?

Big Injector syndrome.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:16 AM
The Guru

Na, I was babing it. I had my box on 1X1 and I was turning around. I'm going to pull out the fuel tank and see if there is any blockage. My fuel tank is pressuring up, either a vent valve it plugged, the return feed into the tank is plugged. My truck never did this before.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your truck has not done a lot of stuff before
Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM
The Guru

Ya its been sometime since I've put a beating on her. Maybe its getting used to soft life. It felt strong for a truck running 1X1 on the comp box and no smarty. Of course I drive hemi, so what do I know what power these days. Chris you get you're ride all nice and shiny again? I bet its one hot looking truck with the new paint on her. You should click off some pics and post for us to drool on.

Quick Reply: Next GTG???