Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   Need some junk (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/need-some-junk-236063/)

Homestead 03-13-2009 02:23 PM

Need some junk

Hey guys

I'm in the need of a front bumper, passenger side headlight/marker light and a grille.

Anyone have anything kicking around they want to get rid of? I thought I would try you all before I went hunting.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Tate 03-13-2009 07:16 PM

I think BlackSilver has a bumper coming up for sale, once he gets his heavy steel one made. I think Dave has a grille kicking around as well. Not too sure about the lights though.

Dr. Evil 03-13-2009 08:05 PM

Jeff, if you cant find the lights or grill check out www.lmctruck.com

They have a sexy black grill that would look good on your truck.

ccmckee 03-13-2009 08:26 PM

The shipping/duties from LMC are a killer because they're stuff is not made in the states.I was going to order the front grill badge from them until they told me it would cost more to ship it than part cost. DieselDave had the same issue.

Homestead 03-13-2009 09:06 PM

I've looked at the LMC stuff but actually found a guy on Ebay that is cheaper on a lot of stuff and has cheaper shipping to boot. They go by pershingautobodyparts03

I talked to Jason about his bumper coming up and he mentioned that Tate has first dibs on it.

I can get everything aftermarket but figured if some one could use a little cash and clean house at the same time, I would sooner give it to them than send it over the border.

I'm probably going to go back to stock looking right now and then down the road, she will come off the road and become a toy then I'll trick it out.

Thanks guys, let me know what you have, appreciate it!!

Jeff

Tate 03-13-2009 09:23 PM

Jeff, I don't need that bumper. I was gonna put it on my sisters truck since hers is a bit rusty, but you could use it more than me, so when Jason is ready to sell, have at it.

DWeiler 03-13-2009 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a lower sport from my 2001 out in the shed + the matching rear as well for sale----decent/fare offer,front is mint cause i replaced it 6 month prior after "rubbing a fire hydrant"---then installed my "Road Armors,rear is original.Both are intense blue color.The front does not have the frame mounting brackets---i need some steel one day and hacked them apart for something[duhhh][duhhh][duhhh]DW----PSSSS lower 2 lights will come with it too,but no harness

Mike Holmen 03-13-2009 09:53 PM

Hey DW, you ever gonna get that truck dirty? No rock chips or windshield cracks. One awesome looking truck thou, you gonna come out to one of our meets so we can drool on one of your trucks buddy?

DWeiler 03-13-2009 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen (Post 2418669)
Hey DW, you ever gonna get that truck dirty? No rock chips or windshield cracks. One awesome looking truck thou, you gonna come out to one of our meets so we can drool on one of your trucks buddy?

Its been siting in the garage getting "dusty dirty",just brought it out of storage at my in laws acerage/shop a few weeks ago(47000KM on her:o---no miles on it for 5 months),still got my 625 studs/fluid damper and 200AMP alternator sitting beside the computer for the last 9 month that i have no time to install---yet.Bro law/wife did surprise me with a 250 ftpds "MAC''torque wrench for my birthday that i have to test out on the studs.The old girl has kind of taken a back seat to the newer one now,just put my nerf boards on the dually plus a AFE cold are box in-----I said i did not want to mod the MEGA but she getting harder to resist-----wish list is probable at 20K+ now.Over time i will get it to were i want it,but may take a little longer---just spent 22k on a new Maxum 18 ski boat for the lake this year,MRS wanted a boat so maybe next year i can spend some on me.[laugh]PS if i can make it to one of the meets count me in,just don't know which ride to bring[laugh][laugh][laugh].

Diesel Dave2 03-13-2009 10:30 PM

I have a front grill..a restored black one with new emblem...I have to much junk..[laugh]..Got a extra set of dullie fenders thats also starting to get on my nerves...[dummy]

Mike Holmen 03-13-2009 10:34 PM

I vote for the older truck, sorry I like 2nd gens. The next time bring out the new ride. Just don't park beside me at the meets. I have bad influnces on people and their trucks. Within days of parking besides me, they all seem to have equipment performance issues. Quality testing isn't what it used to be...[roll]

DWeiler 03-13-2009 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen (Post 2418732)
I vote for the older truck, sorry I like 2nd gens. The next time bring out the new ride. Just don't park beside me at the meets. I have bad influnces on people and their trucks. Within days of parking besides me, they all seem to have equipment performance issues. Quality testing isn't what it used to be...[roll]

Well the new one has already had its first problem/kink---with the rear slider issue a few weeks back----break a few parts after the next meet is a better excuse to the MRS to "UPGRADE"[coffee][coffee][coffee]DW

Dr. Evil 03-13-2009 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by ccmckee (Post 2418574)
The shipping/duties from LMC are a killer because they're stuff is not made in the states.I was going to order the front grill badge from them until they told me it would cost more to ship it than part cost. DieselDave had the same issue.

Ah ok - when I ordered stuff from there I picked it all up in Montana....so I wanst aware of that. Thanks Chris...

nickg 03-14-2009 01:12 AM

I have a used grill and a set of headlights (4lamp system) head lights are a little faded,some wetsanding might restore them and the grill has some bubbling in a couple spots, but they are yours for the cost of shipping, I'm assuming your replacing broken parts. These parts will work till you source new ones.

Mike Holmen 03-14-2009 02:38 PM

DW, what you thinking about breakin? I just took my 300 srt out for its first rip of the year. When I put the car away, I had the dealership service the car. Then I parked the car. Anyways, there is a air baffel under the car you have to remove to change oil (aerodynomics blah blahhy). They forgot to put in the bolts that hold the plastic cover. Anyways at about 140kph, the cover decides to boom out the bottom of the car. Ripped some of my facia of the front of my car. I wonder how good my warranty is...[duhhh]

Arg...............I have appointment to chat with the service manager on Monday. I wanted my wife to kick me in the privates to make me feel better.