ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Are Mahindra trucks going to be available in Canada?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
That diesel Colorado is interesting...

IMO, GM has never put the correct engine in those trucks & that's why they can't give them away.
They stuck with that lame in-line 5 cylinder while they should have stuck in at least their excellent 4.2L in-line 6 cylinder.
And on top of that they should have stuck in the small 4.8L LS V8, plus offered a 6.0L V8 SS version like the excellent Trailblazer SS (with a manual trans of course!).

GM rant over...
Agree with the lame 5 cylinder( pretty similar to the 4.2 in line 6er but they just dropped one cylinder + something a bit different with the head)----probable why they like to drop valve seats too on the 5 cylinder motors at around 100K.A buddy of mine had one on lease and had a choice ----GM would extend the warranty for another 3 years and hope for the best if he bought it out at the end of the term because of this problem.GM lost my business for good when my 02 Trailblazer started to have the surface rust/paint peeling problems that Dodge had back in the mid 90"s---GM would do nothing for me until the rust was completely though the metal-----OFF WARRANTY BY THEN--- i sold it ----SORRY MY RANT DW
Old 04-06-2010, 02:11 AM

Do a search for Toyota HZJ79, HZJ75 if you want a tough/durable work truck, only thing is the 15 year import rule that'll keep you from getting one. If they won't let those in the country i highly doubt they'll let Mahindras in...
Attached Thumbnails Are Mahindra trucks going to be available in Canada?-hzj79.jpg  
Old 04-06-2010, 07:45 AM

Yah... but they (toyota) aren't setting them up for the US market (a mistake in my mind). Our rules are almost a carbon copy of the US (almost...). The Mahindras are being brought into the US market.

IF they brought the Toyota in, I'd be very interested in them...
Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 PM

Lexus dealer in Manitoba (Winnipeg?) brought in a few Toyota pickups for the BaffinLand iron mine project. They looked just like the old style Land Cruiser pickup, but were brand new.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Darryl&Rita
Lexus dealer in Manitoba (Winnipeg?) brought in a few Toyota pickups for the BaffinLand iron mine project. They looked just like the old style Land Cruiser pickup, but were brand new.
Yeah there's an idustrial distributor Manitoba that supplies the potash, coal and nickel mines in Canada with those HZJ's, and the older BJ75 series. They're tough as F%*k, burly drivetrains and durable little engines. I've got a small collection of Land Cruisers at home including a 70 series. Too bad they're not DOT'd for N-America, some have still slipped through the cracks though.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 AM

Mahindra

Originally Posted by northernwheeler
Yeah, depending on price I would like one too. I don't need to be running a 3/4 all the time for what I do, a little pickup like that with a diesel in it would be great.
Right there with you on that. Finally a manufacturer that will bring us a true, and reasonably sized (!) workhorse. I’ve seen a lot of frustration from other users regarding the lack of a compact diesel in the US. And I think it’s completely justified, especially when you see the history of the pickup lineups of companies like GM, Ford, Toyota and Chrysler. The segment has been all but ignored for years. Why have they been so reluctant to introduce a truly compact and rugged utilitarian truck, with diesel? Seems like there’s a real demand for it.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Diesels in small trucks/cars in north am. are killed by lack of demand,talked to dodge rep when i had a d50 diesel,he said attached garages in N.A was the main reson,not found in europe and other counties ,no one wants diesel smell in there house