ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

The Long Gun Registry Act

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Long Gun Registry Act

As of Feb 15

After years of trying, the Conservatives have finally won approval from the House of Commons to scrap Canada's contentious long-gun registry.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...g-vote-120215/
Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is good news,, all the registry did was cost us millions and millions
Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Yep, I will sure be happy too to see it gone.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:33 PM

Sure glad here too----remember "ALLEN ROCK"---only gonna cost 2 million once it is all up and running---Typical Liberal Crap.DW
Old 02-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Millions & million of dollars? Actually the cost was close to $2 billion. But who counts the costs when it not your own money right???

On another good note, on Friday, a court in Manitoba dismissed an application for an injunction by eight former wheat board directors. The wheat board had its place 60 years ago, but now, its time to let the farmers make the decision on who they want to sell their wheat to and for how much. Nothing like trying to grow a crop and not know how much you are going to get until 3 years after you have delivered the product.

The CWB was an antiquated, iron fisted, closed minded entity who's time has come. It was funny, the CWB said that if they lose their monopoly, they will have to get rid of 90% of their workforce. To me, it sounded like they have 90% too many workers if thats the case.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:57 PM

CWB.....middlemen making big dollars while the farmer get the shaft..Everytime I called the gun reg office...It was my luck,the person on the other end couldn't speak english..or when I ask a question I would get 10 different answers..
Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 PM

Good riddance, it was a waste of time and money from the start!!

As good as it is to see it go, we all know there is going to be a bunch of anti-gun activists that will try and keep some form of gun control alive
Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 AM

Did this also get rid of needing a license for buying ammo? If not i guess i'll keep buying ammo for my farmer relatives.. lol

Sure glad That BS is over with.. Now can we work on the ability to use a hand gun on our own properties with out the cops getting involved.. 22 pistol for gophers and yoties would be much more convenient on a tractor.. Carry concealed would be nice but won't happen here.. BUT use on our own land would be nice.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM

It was a great decision by my Dad to turn in his and my Grandfathers guns (nothing special but still my Gransdfathers guns) to be destroyed by the RCMP without asking me if I want them...

Nice eh?
Old 02-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hmmm Crazy Canuckian's with Guns.....sounds like My kinda people

Hope it works out for you folks, I truly believe in the right and RESPONSIBILITY of protecting ones Family and property.....lets face it, everyday the number of people who want to take away the things you work hard for increases...a Man deserves the right to defend himself.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Hmmm Crazy Canuckian's with Guns.....sounds like My kinda people

Hope it works out for you folks, I truly believe in the right and RESPONSIBILITY of protecting ones Family and property.....lets face it, everyday the number of people who want to take away the things you work hard for increases...a Man deserves the right to defend himself.

You go jail here if you use a gun to defend your family... IF you don't have two locked doors that where broke into you cannot (legaly) use force to keep out or get out anyone from your home. So you need a screen door locked and your main door. What a load of bunk.. They trespassed.. That should be good enough. Even more then that, When they kick in the door at midnight the law expects you to confirm what kinda weapon they have so your not using a gun if they have a knife or bat. The law says you cannot use more force then the intruder.. I had a buddy that is a R.C.M.P. show me these laws. He made his suggestions. It is all very.... uneasy for me as i grew up in south Texas.. They claim no one can place where a shot was from if there is only one..
Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
It was a great decision by my Dad to turn in his and my Grandfathers guns (nothing special but still my Gransdfathers guns) to be destroyed by the RCMP without asking me if I want them...

Nice eh?
Sorry to hear man..
Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil

Nice eh?
That is too bad...

Do you remember what models?? Winchesters?,Marlins,Lee Enfields?

Not that it really matters now...

A fellow I know here, that knows squat about firearms...gave away...yes...gave away to a collector a whole bunch of rifles of his bothers after he passed away..
Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM

I would shoot him - but I dont have a gun....
Old 02-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Since I frequent the USA often, I have always wondered why we have such stupid regulations about firearms. Several different places I have been to in the USA, you will see the average citizen with a side arm.

When I attended the 1st Annual Claremont get together, my older Twin Top, had a few toys along with him. In fact everybody there had guns. I had a hockey stick.

Quick Reply: The Long Gun Registry Act