Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   Do you want to have a say about AB licence plates? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/do-you-want-have-say-about-ab-licence-plates-177999/)

B-MAN 11-13-2007 06:53 PM

Do you want to have a say about AB licence plates?

The AB gov wants to change our plates and add front plates. Vote at

http://www.licenceplate.alberta.ca/

P.J 11-13-2007 06:56 PM

Good luck, what a nuisance! We have them here, after my wife got two consecutive tickets we finally put hers on (after 22 months without it). Then about 3 weeks later she got hit head on, totaling the car.

Anyway, on her new (replacement) car, I zip tied it up behind the bumper cover in front of the lower section of the radiator. It is barley visible and probably illegal. It just ruins the whole front of the car, sucks to run screws into a plastic bumper on a BRAND new vehicle to attach an obnoxious license plate holder.

Homestead 11-14-2007 01:06 AM

Just another excuse to spend money where it doesn't have to be spent.

I guess with a second plate, they can ding us some more for our yearly registration renewal also.

Jeff

Tate 11-14-2007 04:15 PM

Didn't they used to have a second plate law here? I remember all our older cars had them.

Diesel Dave2 11-14-2007 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tate (Post 1790491)
Didn't they used to have a second plate law here? I remember all our older cars had them.

They sure did...When I moved here in 1982 it was the law.I think it was around 1989 they got rid of the front plate because of cost.Now they want to bring it back.....why???

Dr. Evil 11-14-2007 06:05 PM

So they can catch more speeders and hand out more tickets in general.

megajoltman 11-14-2007 06:11 PM

We have that law here also [yuk]

B-MAN 11-14-2007 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by megajoltman (Post 1790652)
We have that law here also [yuk]

A couple of years back, I was driving out to Victoria and I got stopped outside Abbotsford by the RCMP...The officer came to my window to get my DL ins. and reg. then returned to his car,...I had no idea why he had stopped me at this point (4AM) He then returned to my truck and started to explain the ticket he was about to issue me...No front plate??? I interupted him mid sentence explaining to him that we don't require nor recieve a front plate in Alberta...there was a long pause followed by him returning to his car to verify what I had just relayed to him...he returned yet again about 5 min's later, handed me back my reg,ins,DL and told me to have a good trip[coffee]

TurboTed 11-14-2007 08:37 PM

Someone would make a lot of dough selling front plate brackets for the cars, trucks, etc. that were bought without one, or were taken off by the owner or dealer.

Tate 11-15-2007 03:51 PM

My truck came with one. Not sure where it is, probably in a Calgary landfill by now. Atleast when I bought my personal plates, it came as a pair.

bandaid 11-15-2007 07:42 PM

Thanks for the link to the survey. Gave me a chance to vote for one plate only. I also was stopped in BC in September on Hwy 5 near Clearwater. The officer was passing me and flipped on his lights, I pulled into a PetroCanada and waited for him. He turned around an caught up to where I had stopped. When he approached the window I asked him if I missed a speed limit sign. He told me I was having a good day and I could carry on. Never admitted he actually pulled me over for no front plate. I think the picture changed when he pulled up behind me and I had an Alberta plate!
I hope BC loses front plates before I move back. Hate to spoil the front of my 300.

dodgediesel 11-15-2007 09:36 PM

That's why I moved to Alberta in the first place!!![laugh]

Redneck_King 11-18-2007 08:53 PM

Thanks for the link to the survey, front plates would just ruin the look of my dodge haha.

littleleadfoot 11-20-2007 04:50 PM

I got no where to put it on my sport bumper. :( It didn't come with a spot and it would totally mess with the clean look. :cool: 1 only please.