Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   CT Performance Problems (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/ct-performance-problems-244214/)

BlueDually 06-01-2009 12:36 PM

CT Performance Problems

[yuk]

Last summer (08) I was looking to put a HTS towing valve body in my stock 06, so I called up CT Performance in Rimbey. The werent pushing/didnt have one in stock, but had a ATS towing valve body. Read up on them, and reluctantly took one. Met up with Rod in Ponoka to pick it up, (which he didnt have to do) and called in my credit card. Happier then a pig in Edit. Had it installed, along with some warranty supplied upgrade clutches. Burnt out stock ones hauling bales.

Turns out that ATS valve body was garbage. Didnt shift firm, it shifted extremly hard, to the point where something else is going to break internally. Also wouldnt shift out of 2nd until 34-3500 rpm, no matter how light on the throttle. Imagine starting your truck at -35 and driveing away with your truck shifting past redline. [verymad] Called CT, and the said head to Red Deer, to there prefered tranny shop Excel, for some valve body adjustment.

Got there, they took it for a drive, with there computer hooked up to the truck. They said it was so far out of wack, that they cant adjust anything. Fine, called CT told them what was going on and had the ats valve body dropped off at CT by a buddy of mine. They returned some cash to my credit card, thinking it was my core. Called them, and told them it was the ats valve body the sold me, and thats as far as I got with them, about 7 MONTHS now they have me "crediting" my card back. Should be about $700.Nothing.

Really disgusted with them, you try to help out small town outfits and this is the service you get. I dont know if any of you guys have had problems with them, but I will never deal with them again.

Diesel Dave2 06-01-2009 01:07 PM

Not good.......Others I've heard ran into problems also...

Lary Ellis (Top) 06-01-2009 01:16 PM

Have you called your credit card company yet?

Diesel Dave2 06-01-2009 01:24 PM

Yes...you may have to contact your credit card company.Its too bad that things like this happen.And once word gets around,its very hard to fix it...:(

BlueDually 06-01-2009 01:36 PM

I've called mastercard at least a 20 times over the past 7-8 months, they cant really do anything until its authorized by ct.

Lil Dog 06-01-2009 02:49 PM

1-5-3-6-2-4 also had issues with CT lately. I don't know whats going on over there, but the last year has been a slide. Tate also had problems with O-Ringing his head.

dodgediesel 06-01-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDually (Post 2493819)
I've called mastercard at least a 20 times over the past 7-8 months, they cant really do anything until its authorized by ct.

Dude, where have you been?? Me and Tate were talking at the last GTG saying you kinda dissapeared?? How have you been besides the CT thing??:cool:

morkable 06-01-2009 05:06 PM

Link removed due to profanity a little more about this here

Lil Dog 06-01-2009 05:15 PM

Thanks Kevin... That helps.

Though there is fault on both sides, "the customer is always right" even if they are not. The rebuttle from CT wasn't very positive IMHO..

I have pointed a lot of local folks to their door.

dodgediesel 06-01-2009 06:15 PM

That was a pretty harsh comment...:o
I have been dealing with Aaron and Rod for quite some time and they have been top notch guys!!! I'm sure a meeting in person will totally clear the air...:cool:

BlueDually 06-01-2009 06:29 PM

Jamie, I have kind of disappeared. Been trying to restrain myself from this website, just puts more exspensive/stupid ideas in my head[laugh]. Was real close to coming to that last dyno day but still had some seeding to do. Obviously, pipeline/facility construction hit a wall, slow, but otherwise fine

Diesel Dave2 06-01-2009 07:20 PM

I don't know what is happen at CT...two other members had the same problem....Maybe we are just hosers..and don't deserve good service.[laugh]

Mike Holmen 06-01-2009 09:02 PM

Personally I hate blasting vendor on the internet.

How was the tranny set-up? Did dodge do the rebuild or CT or ATS? It was a fully rebuild complete. How good was the tranny just after the rebuild?

My truck you needed to put in a resistor for increase in line pressure so you can get first gear starts? How did reprograming the computer help the tranny? I must be old school but I thought that was done by the kickdown linkage not a programer. Just thinking out loud you could have to adjusted the kickdown linkage after installing a performance valve body for the increase in line pressure that you get from aftermarket valve body. My truck was a quick one minute adjustment on the kick down linkage. I still prefer the non-computerized stuff its just easier.[laugh]

BlueDually 06-01-2009 10:35 PM

Ya I know, but 7 months of this....running out of options,

The tranny work was done at 30 000 kms. Never programmed, modded, anything, just worked hard. Kind of figured it was going to happen. Im not a auto tranny genius, but the parts were replaced with whatever the dealer calls there "towing" upgrade clutches and torque converter. Shifted like garbage, as stated, with the ats valve body. Excel said it was way out of wack. Had a local shop modify my original valve body and was firm and strong, and wouldnt shift at 3400 rpm. Everything I wanted.

dodgediesel 06-01-2009 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDually (Post 2494104)
Jamie, I have kind of disappeared. Been trying to restrain myself from this website, just puts more exspensive/stupid ideas in my head[laugh]. Was real close to coming to that last dyno day but still had some seeding to do. Obviously, pipeline/facility construction hit a wall, slow, but otherwise fine

Good to hear from ya bud!!! Mel just built my tranny and now I own a rocketship!!! Just set the Smarty to #9 yesterday, 1st and 2nd gear rubber....:o:o:o:o:o