ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

ARMOR INC GTG OCT 17th

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol thats funny right there ,

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Wouldn't be funny that a duramax won the event?My neighbor up the street showed me his new methanol/H2O kit. Three nozzles, all that was triggered off a injector wire. I go thru 1/2gallon on a 10 minutes ride, so I can;t figure that its any better than mine. His kit had a tank in the bed of the truck. He runs two solenoids and three nozzles. One soleniod was for fuel mileage (small nozzle) and two big nozzles for that wot power. I asked him how many ponies. He told me 500-550rwhp. I want to see a bone stock duramax put down a 550rwhp. Down to the stock tranny.I have to get him to come out to the dyno event and see
Old 10-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Every DMax is 500 hp.. At least thats what I keep getting told.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 PM

crappy part is, its not hard to get 500 hp out of a dmax... I allmost did it, with just a bottom of heap tuner, exhaust and air filter....
Old 10-09-2009, 12:15 AM

any dmax truck i have seen with big power don't last . less it has big big money in to it , it was more the stock trany thing i was laughing at
Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 AM

I aree with you wink,, I would personally never go any higher than that with my truck... I would actually like to get rid of my truck,, not my favorite truck,,, but I have to admit, it is very easy to get to 500 HP
Old 10-09-2009, 08:56 AM
The Guru

Its gonna be interesting. He was talking about put on a super, onto a stock truck. One little to much of something, everything is toasted. At least we don't have to worry about the CTD engine, unless you pass thru into 1000+HP areaI wonder how often that the chevy tranny will into limp mode on the pull.

I'm still on for the GTG, I want to see how my set-up works. I'm hoping for 500rwhp, on 110 sticks and some spray.Its a good baseline. I'm towing my RV this weekend. These twins are awesome, I'm impressed. My egt's haven't broke 1100 deg's at 50psi. The S475 doesn't seem to have the top end power like the 3B did.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 AM

but on the up side it's a good payed job went the head gaskets go on them i have done a set or to lol .... sucks when the head go though hard to get them ,,,, good old DURACRACK

Originally Posted by morkable
I aree with you wink,, I would personally never go any higher than that with my truck... I would actually like to get rid of my truck,, not my favorite truck,,, but I have to admit, it is very easy to get to 500 HP
Old 10-09-2009, 10:51 AM
The Guru

Don't you have to drain coolant for an injector pull? My brother has one, and been trying to pull wrenchs for him and see how good the engine is. He's still not interested in twins yet.

My neighbors duramax on the methanol spray, its a pretty neat programmer. I don't know how it works, but it takes a reading off the injector wiring harness. You can program in different levels of spray based on different parameters. It even takes a reading off the TPS sensor. He laughed at my set-up. He laughed at me as its too simple set-up, and hard on motors. I've been spraying for over a year now, and typically I just leave it on all the time. I might get a race a d-max this winter, one day
Old 10-09-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by pistazie
Mike: Hmmm, no engine light or anything, truck runs fine, just that DTT warned me that a resistor was just a temporary solution for some reason, and they also warned me about the PCM seeing overpressures, but I think that would put it in limp mode. I don't think my year has a TV/kickdown cable?

I'm sure the transmission will need some adjustments, I have barely had time to drive it since it was rebuilt or even figure out where the shift points are happening etc.

Joe: I think you are right about the setting, I will tackle the job here at home without being rushed or distracted, it seems like it is not a pressing issue. As Mike says, the electronics stuff is a little intimidating, but no biggie! I just have a hard copy of the install right now, so can't post it - it involves one T-tap, one splice, and connecting a ground.

Thanks for your offers of help, guys! Always nice to learn from the pros.
Daniella, If you have very clear instructions I can probably help you. Ive got the tools etc.....but unfotunately I dont have much knowledge of your tranny in terms of adjustments etc.

I would suggest not doing the t tap and using splice it with a good solder joint and a couple of layers of heat shrink or stake on connectors.

We could even go over to desros Automotive and rent a warm bay if we want to work in warmth.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So who all is going on saturday?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Daniella, If you have very clear instructions I can probably help you. Ive got the tools etc.....but unfotunately I dont have much knowledge of your tranny in terms of adjustments etc.

I would suggest not doing the t tap and using splice it with a good solder joint and a couple of layers of heat shrink or stake on connectors.

We could even go over to desros Automotive and rent a warm bay if we want to work in warmth.
Sorry, I didn't see your post 'till now - thanks for the offer, but I think I'll leave it as is as things seem to be working OK - I originally thought it was some urgent thing I needed done. Probably a better spring project, give me time to hone up on my, ahem, soldering skills.

I know I'll be there on Saturday, maybe even put the truck on the dyno for the first time, if the dyno is still a go.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:58 PM
The Guru

I'm going Chris. I think that we are meeting up at the usual spot at Humpty/Esso (by crossfield). I think I saw on the other forum, that the meeting time at Crossfield is 9:00am, as the dyno starts at 10:00am ish. Hopefully the roads dry out so we can get a good grip on the roller. I think that its $50 bones, but I don't know how many spins that we get. Either way, I going. I want some to get in more seat time on these twins.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:00 PM

Yup, I shall have the hammer down, will try and get to crossfield by nine, not a morning person so we shall see how it goes, haha.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 01 Diesel Nut
Yup, I shall have the hammer down, will try and get to crossfield by nine, not a morning person so we shall see how it goes, haha.
Thats ok Greg....I'm up at 6:00 AM every morning...I will set my phone to redial and start calling...
Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM

Damnit, haha, yeah I figure I leave the house by a quarter after eight/ eight thirty at the latest I should be able to make crossfield by nine, of course thats on ideal conditions, clear roads, not to bad of traffic, and no smokies, haha.

Quick Reply: ARMOR INC GTG OCT 17th