4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Ventilated leather seat warning

Old 01-05-2010, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ventilated leather seat warning

To all of those interested in a 2010 HD laramie or truck equipped with ventilated leather seats, be warned that they're junk.

The material they're made of is clearly vinyl or some type of cheap bonded leather compound. The main problem is that the material stretches after about 3000 miles of use and it looks ridiculous. I've been through 3 seat covers so far with no change and apparently dodge has no intention of chainging their design for the 2010 hd models.

I could go on and on about the details of this so I'll just give you all the thread to all of it.

http://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-...seat-wear.html
Old 01-05-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, they've had seats for the last several years. I guess nothing changes!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:17 PM

True... but the cloth seats in the 4th gens are actually pretty nice, especially the cloth seats with vinyl trim on the sports. Just don't pay 2 grand for the cheapest made seats
Old 01-05-2010, 04:24 PM

Ouch, they will have to address that problem. Thanks for the heads up on this one... My 06 with 93K on it still has perfect leather on the seats. The leather in the 06 has held up much better than the leather on my previous silverado but it still didn't looks as messed up as those pics of the '10 Dodges.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:41 PM

The pics don't give it justice either, looks much worse in person.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Person pays fifty-some grand for a truck, dam seats should be the last fricken thing to worry about. That's whack!!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:11 PM
edc

Which Seats

Does this warning apply to both the bench and bucket leather seats that are available in the Laramie -- or to only the buckets? Is the advice to stay away from leather seats in the 2010 HD Rams? Can you get cloth in the Laramie? thks, Ed
Old 01-06-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by edc
Does this warning apply to both the bench and bucket leather seats that are available in the Laramie -- or to only the buckets? Is the advice to stay away from leather seats in the 2010 HD Rams? Can you get cloth in the Laramie? thks, Ed

Yeah the bench and bucket setup use the same seats. There is no issue with the plain leather seats, its the ventilated leather seats that have this issue. Ventilated leather seats are standard on the laramies.

However, this is only an aesthetic problem, the seats are comfortable and the ventilation is nice. The heating and cooling works quite well.

Its just the quality of the vinyl is . Some people have read that thread and turned away from buying a truck with those seats, some like the ventilation so much that the wrinkles don't bother them.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:44 PM
edc

Originally Posted by tombogue99
Ventilated leather seats are standard on the laramies.
Can you get non-venilated leather seats on a Laramie, or do you have to move to another model like Big Horn trim etc.? Are there bucket seats that are non-venilated leather? I know in the larger scheme of things this is not a big deal but I am considering buying my first Dodge just to get the Cummins and I want a fairly high-end vehicle. We all know what these things price out at and at that amount I do not like to buy a known problem. Thanks for all the great assistance on this forum. Ed
Old 01-06-2010, 09:39 PM

Pretty sure all laramie's have ventilated seats. Of course you could get a loaded Big Horn with mostly everything that the laramie has except the seats.

Keep in mind that no seat in a 4th gen dodge is leather, ventilated or plain. Its vinyl with enough cow-hide fibers in it to call leather.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:04 AM
I think I can... I think...

Can we get ventilated cloth seats in one of the other packages besides Laramie?
I believe we have more (BETTER) color choices in cloth seats anyway. I was wanting leather but I'm not sure I want "Semi leather"!!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:47 PM

You loose the ventilated seats AND the heaters in the rear seats if you order the manual transmission.

The front seats are still heated, but not ventilated.

My Laramie is on order, currently D status and I went with the stick shift.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 AM
edc

Wow, the various option and trim pkgs are very confusing on these trucks. When I bought my last "truck" (ok I'm using the term loosely) a Yukon Denali in 2001 the only option was a sunroof -- made it easy. I like the ability to pick and choose what you want but how to get there I find confusing. What does the tranny choice (auto or manual) have to do with whether you can have perforated seats or not??
Old 01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
edc

I answered one of my own questions today when I saw a couple of 2500HD trucks at my local dealer (finally arrived). One of them was a crew-short bed and it had cloth bucket seats -- very comfortable by the way. So I guess there is a path around the leather even if you want the bucket seat/console option. I'm not sure if they were heated? This truck was real close to what I want -- even the color, white -- but they loaded it up with over $2K of stuff like super sport radio with many GB's of storage, navigation unit, back up cameras and warning systems etc. It was a nice truck though. Ed
Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nevada
You loose the ventilated seats AND the heaters in the rear seats if you order the manual transmission.

The front seats are still heated, but not ventilated.

My Laramie is on order, currently D status and I went with the stick shift.

Really? That makes no sense but it doesn't surprise me. What in the hell does stick shift have to do with ventilated seats. I also don't know why the hd's get a column shifter with the center console. The 1500s get the floor shifter on the center console which is nice IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ventilated leather seat warning