4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

A surprise with the Alcoa wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
A surprise with the Alcoa wheels

I generally have not bothered to rotate the tires on my dually because I could see little benefit. Since I now have the Alcoa wheels, that reinforced my thinking since there are only 4 of them and the inside rear wheels are steel. However, the passenger front tire was wearing the outside edge quite noticeably before I had it aligned, so I decided to switch wheels front to back.

When the fronts went to the rear they were black from 3 years of brake dust and it took some scrubbing to get it off...at least most of it. A lot of stains remain, but the biggest surprise was the hidden side is not finished like the side you see when you buy it. The machine marks (from turning) were not polished out and there is no evidence of a clear coat, hence the staining I presume.

I am very disappointed to say the least. Has anyone else had this come up?
Old 12-25-2016, 10:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
There are two types of wheel finishes depending on position. You can have single, or double polished. The single is only the face that shows. While the double is for all positions