4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Seat belt cime

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat belt cime

Any one know how to turn it off?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:33 PM

This is a copy from when I asked. Thanks roger.t.

Note: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. Chrysler Group LLC does not recommend deactivating the BeltAlert®.

With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver's seat belt.
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn off.
Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Sound Horn with Remote Key Lock
This feature will cause the horn to chirp when the doors are locked with the RKE transmitter. This feature can be turned on or turned off. To change the current setting, proceed as follows:

For vehicles equipped with the EVIC, refer to “Horn Chirp” under “Customer-Programmable Features (SETUP)” in the “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC),” in Section 4 of this manual.
For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the following procedure:
Press the LOCK button on a programmed RKE transmitter for at least four seconds, but no longer than ten seconds. Then, press the PANIC button while still holding the LOCK button.
Release both buttons at the same time.
Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by pressing the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter with the ignition switch in the OFF position and the key removed.
Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to its previous setting.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:02 AM

I just had my dealer turn it off for me...they did, no questions asked.

Chris
Old 07-03-2010, 08:46 PM

YES, no more annoying chimes. I still find myself automatically reaching for the seat belt to avoid the noise, I guess that's good though.