4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Pics of Line X

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pics of Line X

I'm considering having the lower rockers, wheel wells, and the lower part of the tailgate sprayed with Line X to protect them from rocks and debris. I'm wanting to see pics of anyone's truck that might have had this done....preferably a light silver truck with black Line X. TIA
Old 07-13-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Problem doing that it may not show rock chips but what happens water gets behind the chip and it will rust in behind the line x I have seen it happen its great on old stuff to hide sh** you would be better off to repaint rockers when the time comes
Old 01-16-2016, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is an old post but if you're still looking...

I have the whole bottom of the truck done, inside the door sills, across the hood, fender flares, rockers, bottom of doors, inside rockers underneath, etc. It turned out great and although there could possibly be a concern for moisture getting behind it I have never seen it happen and, if installed properly, should never happen. I don't have any close up shots but can take some next time I wash the truck. My bed liner is Armourthane which is very similar to line-x and I'm sure it will last just as long and also has a lifetime warranty but the shop that installed it did a really bad job and re-sprayed the whole bed after trying to patch the first job they did several times. That being said, I like the red line-x part better based on customer service and a better overall experience.