Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-ram-non-drivetrain-2010-up-202/)
-   -   No Fire Red? Someone Call The Waaahmbulance!! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/4th-gen-ram-non-drivetrain-2010-up-202/no-fire-red-someone-call-waaahmbulance-259791/)

DirtEater 12-19-2009 11:59 AM

No Fire Red? Someone Call The Waaahmbulance!!

1 Attachment(s)
I'm just figuring out that Dodge is not making the HD's in Fire Red for 2010, which is the color of my '05. Not sure why considering that Fire Red is Dodge's signature truck color. The 1500 is available in it but not the 2500/3500. And the Inferno Red just doesn't do it for me.

Now what do I do? Mama has always liked White in the HD.......

capt.Ron 12-19-2009 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by DirtEater (Post 2658116)
I'm just figuring out that Dodge is not making the HD's in Fire Red for 2010, which is the color of my '05. Not sure why considering that Fire Red is Dodge's signature truck color. The 1500 is available in it but not the 2500/3500. And the Inferno Red just doesn't do it for me.

Now what do I do? Mama has always liked White in the HD.......

Yea I have the torred Challenger which is much more red than the inferno but still has a hint of orange.
I'd like to see fire engine (BRIGHT RED) as an option for all of their cars.
Doesn't make sense to say you can get this in that color but not that in this????
If I can get a red viper I should be able to get a red truck, neon or whatever.

SCasey 12-20-2009 11:12 AM

Dodge is actually offering Bright Red for the 2010's, but unfortunately it's Fleet Vehicles Only. Los Angeles County Fire Dept. is finally starting to go back to the Dodge Chassis for their Paramedic Squads, so I imagine this is why Dodge re-introduced Bright Red.

RobG 01-10-2010 11:09 AM

Every time I find a color on these trucks I truly like, and would buy, they drop it. I LOVED the Timberline Green that was on the 03-04, but wasn't available by the time I got my 05. My 03 was bright red (sport, so no chrome)... loved the color. Got my 05 in white because I like white and got it used. But now I'm tired of white duallies and wanted to go back to red on my next truck. And so now bright red is gone. ***? Dodge, get a clue!

Yet another reason to wait a couple more years before moving up...

Rob

lightsOUT 01-10-2010 09:46 PM

IIRC dodge calls it "flame red". dodge actually started phasing the color out in 09 i believe. you couldnt get it on a dually or a single wheel 3500 with a long bed.

im with you guys. its thier signature color. just about ever dodge car and truck promotional photo has been in flame red for atleast the last 15 years.

i have a 2000 flame red sport and i love it. a red dodge 1994-2009 is one of the shaprest looking trucks IMO.

Jaxom 01-11-2010 06:06 PM

I'm color-blind and like the Flame Red better than the Inferno Red.
Makes no sense to me, but then again...they didn't ask me!

bobem12 01-12-2010 09:23 PM

It's absolutely ridiculous that they don't offer flame red anymore...I had a flame red '98 gasser before this forest green cummins. Don't offer either anymore...guess I have bad taste in colors!

Ten_Bucks 01-13-2010 12:19 AM

I'd rather have a dark color like black or mineral gray. I know those colors are more difficult to keep clean, but I still like them. All white with no chrome and black wheels looks good. Windows must be tinted very dark on that color combo too.

Scott

Clane 01-13-2010 10:21 PM

^ I'm with ten bucks on the color options. black or grey...After owning my red 05 1/2ton gasser for 8+ years, i'm over red....

*edit... If dodge had GM's sunset orange i'd pick that over grey...:cool:

DirtEater 01-14-2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Clane (Post 2677185)
After owning my red 05 1/2ton gasser for 8+ years, i'm over red....

Can you explain how you've had your '05 for 8+ years? Just curious. ;) :D

DirtEater 01-14-2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ten_Bucks (Post 2676443)
I'd rather have a dark color like black or mineral gray.

I've had a black Superduty, Wrangler, Jimmy and 4Runner in the past and black looks great when new. But in addition to having to wash it every other day to look pretty, it shows swirls and scratches badly. After awhile it starts turning me off and makes me want something new.

My red '05 is starting to fade on the roof. I'm beginning to see speckled primer. What BS! Not even 5 years old and I only have 6 payments left.

I kind of like the new Light Graystone color. For those that like white, you may like that color too.

steelblitzkrieg 01-14-2010 11:34 AM

The Ram is no longer a Dodge, it is a Ram Truck, I'm sure that was part of the Flame Red changes. I had a 02 Flame Red Sport, I wanted a Flame Red 2006, the wife wanted Black, we were fortunate enough to find a true Black and not the Brilliant Black.

While we were shopping (FOR A TRUCK) I walked by a Torred Charger and my jaw hit the floor, it was the most beautiful Red I have ever seen. My wife literally had to drag me away from it because I was already screaming "SCREW THE TRUCK, I HAVE TO HAVE THIS COLOR!" We got the the truck. I was so blown away by the color that I got the paint codes from a body shop to have my 92 5.0 painted that color. Before I could, she made me sell the Mustang.

Someday I will own that color, I swear!.

capt.Ron 01-14-2010 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by steelblitzkrieg (Post 2677520)
T
Someday I will own that color, I swear!.

Yea I kinda like it!!
Mine is on the right!!
Attachment 70426

Ten_Bucks 01-14-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Clane (Post 2677185)
^ I'm with ten bucks on the color options. black or grey

I'm glad someone other than me likes those colors.

Originally Posted by DirtEater (Post 2677471)
I've had a black Superduty, Wrangler, Jimmy and 4Runner in the past and black looks great when new. But in addition to having to wash it every other day to look pretty, it shows swirls and scratches badly. After awhile it starts turning me off and makes me want something new.

Yeah, I completely understand you on that one.

Scott

bennydodge 01-14-2010 01:26 PM

Well, I just went to Dodge's website and got the scoop. Interestingly, you can get any truck in Flame Red EXCEPT a 2500 SLT. ???? Check it out at dodge.com. Click on "vehicle lineup" and then click "ram trucks". On the 2500/3500 overview page it shows colors and packages. I was able to bring up a picture of a Flame Red dually in two-tone. Now if you go to "build your own" there's no option for Flame Red on any 2500 or 3500. So which is it???