4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

"Light Load" button

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light Load Button

Just some INFO
Hello
I had purchased a 08 2500 Diesel quad in 09.
I know this is a little late but I had read everything that I could on this subject because I wanted to use the button. After a week of trying different things that I had read.
I came across a TSB 22-002-07 REV. A Last Saturday.
It simply states:
1. Turn on the ignition without starting.
2. Adjust all four (4) tires to the LIGHT LOAD Inflation Preasure ( on my placard it is 60 front and 45 rear)
3. press Light Load button if it stays illuminated procedure it complete
4. You may have to drive the truck over 15 miles per hour for atleast one (1) minute then press the button and it will stay illuminated. At thie time the TPMS warning light will go off.

It is important the the tires are at the placard presure. I was trying to us 50 in the rear and the system would not work. So I went to my friendly Dodge dealer and he stated they had not experienced any problems with the light load system. He asked what preasure I was using and Itold him 60 front and 50 rear. Then he asked what did the placard hve on it. I said 60 Front and 45 rear. He then explained that it had to be the exact presure on the placard for the system to override the warning light. Yes that is right I walked out of there saying bull to myself. However on the hour and half ride hom tonight i
talked myself into what the heck try it. So I did. by Jimmy the light came on after I had driven it over 15MPH for about a minute and pressed the button.
It is still on and the TPMS warining light is off. The ride is better when not towing or loaded and the wife thanked me tonight. The light for the button will stay lit until you change back to full preasure or it for some reason the electrical system losese power. (Battery being disconnected is one way).
Then just redo the above.

Also if you noticed the TBS did say to adjust all tires to the Light Load Preasure.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not complaining, but who don't the duallys have the TPMS??
Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RAMRODD
I am not complaining, but who don't the duallys have the TPMS??
None of the 3500's do..
Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Nothing above 10,000 lbs GVW has to have it.

For now, but.................... Wait until Ford and Firestone Flip a few 1 tons and we will get them too.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maxwellp

Nothing above 10,000 lbs GVW has to have it.

For now, but.................... Wait until Ford and Firestone Flip a few 1 tons and we will get them too.
ah 10-4
Old 02-03-2013, 04:54 AM

A little extra information for some:
When you rotate your tires you have to reset your their position with the computer. If your pressures are 100% but the signal code it has saved for Right Rear is now Right Front, that TPMS light will never go away. I'm sure most of you Know this, but putting it up for those who may not.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 AM

tpms

I would like to know how to reset tire position. I just rotated my tires and the 45 lbs in the rear tires is reading on the front position tires and the 60lbs reads on the rears.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM

You can also thank the people that don't know what a tire pressure guage is for......
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sailed2japan
A little extra information for some:
When you rotate your tires you have to reset your their position with the computer. If your pressures are 100% but the signal code it has saved for Right Rear is now Right Front, that TPMS light will never go away. I'm sure most of you Know this, but putting it up for those who may not.
Do you just make stuff up to confuse people? You don't have to reset anything when you rotate your tires. All you have to do is make sure they're properly inflated. The computer doesn't know which tire is where.

For light load I think it's 60 psi for front and 45 psi for back. For heavy load I think it's the same for the front but 65 psi for the back.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:48 PM

How does the computer know what tire is where?

45 on the fronts is under inflated when empty, and if the computer doesn't know where it is how can it properly alarm you?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by zski
I would like to know how to reset tire position. I just rotated my tires and the 45 lbs in the rear tires is reading on the front position tires and the 60lbs reads on the rears.

Thanks
That's probably because whoever rotated the tires didn't check or adjust the air pressure. That happened to me at my last rotation. Once you properly inflate them the warnings will go away.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by AH64ID
How does the computer know what tire is where?

45 on the fronts is under inflated when empty, and if the computer doesn't know where it is how can it properly alarm you?
It doesn't. The computer only knows the location of the TPMS sensor. It doesn't associate any particular tire with any particular location. All it knows is that your left front tire is low (or whatever the case may be). It doesn't know or care that the same tire was on the back a few minutes earlier.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:01 PM

But how does it know it's the front left?

EDIT: Did a little reading on it, via a TSB, and it appears that the ECM will learn the position of each tire within 10 minutes of driving above 15 mph.

It doesn't say how it learns that, but it will.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:25 PM

I rotated the tires and adjusted the pressures but when i pulled the truck out of the garage the screen said 45 fronts & 60 rears just the opposite that is in the tires. I'll drive it and see what happens.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by AH64ID
But how does it know it's the...
There's a sensor at each wheel hub. The TPMS doesn't actually connect to the wheel or tire. So, it doesn't matter which tire is where. If you move a 45 psi tire to the front during a rotate then it's gonna tell you your front tire is too low.

Quick Reply: "Light Load" button