4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

is HVAC as "intelligent" on Remote Start as a Chevrolet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
is HVAC as "intelligent" on Remote Start as a Chevrolet?

Chevy Tahoe will turn on defroster, heater, AC, even the heated seats...
and it does it all AUTOMATICALLY.

it checks the outside temp & does it all by itself.

so if you go work out during the heat of the day & run the AC on the way home, and the wife gets up early the next morning, and the Tahoe windshield is frosted over, the HVAC "knows" what to do.

does the Dodge Ram do that, or do you have to physically set the controls to "what you expect" to need the next time you remote start it?

The Tahoe is so smart...if you turn on the heat, the fan won't blow until the coolant gets hot enough to provide heat.

if you use the Bluetooth to talk via the in-dash OEM radio, the car will turn down the HVAC fan, so you can speak & hear.

just wondering, does the new Dodge's do that, and at which trim level?

it's pretty nice to jump in & grab a heated steering wheel that has already been on for a few minutes.

trying to get the wife to trade her "kid hauler" for a "man van"

one dealer does college football themed trucks:
Carl Gregory Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Johnson City, TN 37601
Old 06-14-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
It's a trick question... right? The ram won't remote start if there is a check engine light on, second if you idle it lots you'll have lots of check engine lights. If it's cold out and I remote start mine, it will go into a faster idle to try and warm up the engine but it's a rather large chunk of metal and if the blower didn't turn on until the engine temp was warm enough like you say the Chevy does then I suspect you wouldn't be driving the dodge that day. It does automatically turn on the heated and cooled seats along with the steering wheel and when bluetooth is operating it also turns down the radio on the driver side but I personally want to keep seeing where I'm going so it had better not turn down that fan. I would never recommend a dodge diesel as a daily driver/grocery getter but if you want a real truck with a diesel engine and not a "car/SUV" then there is only one choice and it's not the Chev.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
great answer. I dd'ed my 04 & 06, so it is what it is. of course, the 06 had bad injectors, was hazing oil at idle, and needed a tranny @130k miles.

yeah, i forgot about the diesel not making instant heat, i used a block heater on mine when I dd'ed, so the wife could stay warm.

the AC is the real kicker down here, it's miserable to jump in hot car,
the remote start is just fabulous once you get used to having it.

from your statement, the software works about the same,
the only difference would be cold mornings, but we don't really have those here.

thanks for the long answer